BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #23
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaF15 View Post
Looks great man, congrats! We have had ours almost a year, no complaints or issues whatsoever!!
Appreciate that! I was going to drive it for roughly 1,000 miles, then post a reviews of my thoughts of the vehicle, the options, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 02:20 AM   #24
Imperator
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Appreciate that! I was going to drive it for roughly 1,000 miles, then post a reviews of my thoughts of the vehicle, the options, etc.
How 'bout an update? I'm considering a purchase of a very-similarly equipped xDrive50i with a few more miles. While the Mocha Nappa interior leather is a must-have for me, I'm not at all sold on BSM and wished it were Mineral White, Alpine White or Carbon Black... it should be a M-Exclusive color!

How's your paint holding up? Do you see any blue/purple flake in it and does it provide enough contrast to the Shadowline trim?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #25
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperator View Post
How 'bout an update? I'm considering a purchase of a very-similarly equipped xDrive50i with a few more miles. While the Mocha Nappa interior leather is a must-have for me, I'm not at all sold on BSM and wished it were Mineral White, Alpine White or Carbon Black... it should be a M-Exclusive color!

How's your paint holding up? Do you see any blue/purple flake in it and does it provide enough contrast to the Shadowline trim?
Thanks for reminding me. Let me break down all the options on the X5 and I'll give you my "1,000 mile" review of them:

X5 xDrive35i: love this engine. I realize it's not as fast as the 50i, but the 35i is plenty for me as a daily driver.

Black Sapphire Metallic: my E70 was Alpine White, and so is our 135i. My father's F15 was Mineral White, and he vowed never to get it again. I think I was done with white also, and I think there are better colours for the F15. So I hunted around for a black one. Naturally, Carbon Black Metallic was my first choice but when shopping for a used car, beggars cannot be choosers. Very happy with my BSM though, zero regrets. The metallic flakes are fantastic and really pop under the Texas sun. I have not fully polished the paint yet due to time constraints, but will get there (hopefully) soon.

Mocha Interior Design Package w/ Fineline Pure Wood Trim: this has to be the #1 thing I get the most compliments on, how gorgeous the interior is. Really takes the X5 to the next level from a luxury perspective. Just keep a microfiber handy in the car as I find that you see dust a lot more than on other interiors. I think it also scratches a bit more easy, as I've found out the hard way... Comes with the territory I suppose. I have the leather dash also, which looks beautiful.

M Sport: what can I say, it as a must-have.

469M wheels: my second favorite M Sport wheels. Easy to keep clean!

Cold Weather Package: not very useful but perhaps one or two days in Texas out of the year

Driver Assistance Package: no brainer on this one: the HUD is a must-have, since you get the nice instrument panel at the same time.

Driver Assistance Plus w/ Active Driver Assistant: I think this is another must-have. Saved my arse the other day when I didn't see a man on a motorcycle in my blind spot.

ACC Stop & Go: works very VERY well. I can drive from my house to downtown without ever touching the brakes. Such a joy in stop and go traffic.

Lighting Package: my second "must have" on the F15. Looks so much more aggressive than the regular HID lights, both during the day and at night. I find that without the LED lights, the F15 looks rather basic.

Luxury Seating Package: had this in my E70, wanted it in my F15. Best seats.

Premium Package: what can I say? I think all X5s have this.

Soft Close Automatic Doors: wasn't sure what the point of this was, until I saw my little boy try to close his down door.

Comfort Rear Seats: I suppose it's nice that you can adjust the rear seats...

Ceramic Controls: a small touch that makes a big difference on the interior. I've heard some complain the controls get hot, but I'm in Texas and yet have to experience that.

Surround View: very beneficial! Must-have...

Parking Assistant: have yet to try this!

Harman Kardon: a nice step up from the basic stereo I had on my E70. Still not amazing though.

Concierge Services: I have not tried this.

Enhanced USB and Bluetooth: works, what can I say...

M Performance grill: annoying to install, but looks great!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2016, 10:40 PM   #26
trackit
Private
Rep
Drives: Wagon

looking good dude!!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 06:00 AM   #27
mynameisplayer
SCHNELL
Rep
Drives: F15 50i, E46, E90, Crafter van

X5 xDrive35i: love this engine. I realize it's not as fast as the 50i, but the 35i is plenty for me as a daily driver.
50i is ESSENTIAL!
Black Sapphire Metallic: my E70 was Alpine White, and so is our 135i. My father's F15 was Mineral White, and he vowed never to get it again. I think I was done with white also, and I think there are better colours for the F15. So I hunted around for a black one. Naturally, Carbon Black Metallic was my first choice but when shopping for a used car, beggars cannot be choosers. Very happy with my BSM though, zero regrets. The metallic flakes are fantastic and really pop under the Texas sun. I have not fully polished the paint yet due to time constraints, but will get there (hopefully) soon.
Glacier Silver, not common, and I like it for that.
Mocha Interior Design Package w/ Fineline Pure Wood Trim: this has to be the #1 thing I get the most compliments on, how gorgeous the interior is. Really takes the X5 to the next level from a luxury perspective. Just keep a microfiber handy in the car as I find that you see dust a lot more than on other interiors. I think it also scratches a bit more easy, as I've found out the hard way... Comes with the territory I suppose. I have the leather dash also, which looks beautiful.
IMHO, it will look just "brown" to me after a while. I had to go all black as the Oyster is on the lower dash, seatbelts and seat backs. Yuck.
M Sport: what can I say, it as a must-have.
Msport was about $2k Aud, with 3rd row NCO on Msport. No brainer.
469M wheels: my second favorite M Sport wheels. Easy to keep clean!
Yet to have first wash, but yes, I like them. Not going back to 21", I love the ride now.
Cold Weather Package: not very useful but perhaps one or two days in Texas out of the year
A few mornings of sub zero c, heated seats is nice.
Driver Assistance Package: no brainer on this one: the HUD is a must-have, since you get the nice instrument panel at the same time.
Everything but Msport/third row is standard on a 50i in Australia. Lucky Country
Driver Assistance Plus w/ Active Driver Assistant: I think this is another must-have. Saved my arse the other day when I didn't see a man on a motorcycle in my blind spot.

ACC Stop & Go: works very VERY well. I can drive from my house to downtown without ever touching the brakes. Such a joy in stop and go traffic.

Lighting Package: my second "must have" on the F15. Looks so much more aggressive than the regular HID lights, both during the day and at night. I find that without the LED lights, the F15 looks rather basic.
Adaptive LED is awesome
Luxury Seating Package: had this in my E70, wanted it in my F15. Best seats.

Premium Package: what can I say? I think all X5s have this.

Soft Close Automatic Doors: wasn't sure what the point of this was, until I saw my little boy try to close his down door.
Soft close is "softer" than e70, I like.
Comfort Rear Seats: I suppose it's nice that you can adjust the rear seats...

Ceramic Controls: a small touch that makes a big difference on the interior. I've heard some complain the controls get hot, but I'm in Texas and yet have to experience that.

Surround View: very beneficial! Must-have...

Parking Assistant: have yet to try this!

Harman Kardon: a nice step up from the basic stereo I had on my E70. Still not amazing though.
Slightly better than the "professional hifi" my e70 has
Concierge Services: I have not tried this.
The aircraft style button cover is Lambo-esque
Enhanced USB and Bluetooth: works, what can I say...
Heaps better than e70. Plays your music from where you left it....e70 didn't
M Performance grill: annoying to install, but looks great!I'm thinking M twin slat, no badges.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2016, 03:48 PM   #28
Sharp_Cai
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X4MC

Nice build