BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Moving On......

03-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #23
Fegelein
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn A View Post
It feels much quicker to respond, more tossable, despite being so much taller with the 4 wheel torque vectoring and other porsche suspension goodies it drives like a much smaller car.

In comfort mode it is actually comfort not a sport light like M cars. And it doesnt sacrifice any feel in having an actual comfort setting. It drives a lot more like a sports car then the M8 does, maybe not in speed but in feel.
Well said! A friend who had a Macan GTS expressed the same thing. He just couldn't believe he was driving a suv and he's a very well versed P-car guy like me, Ferrari, Mclaren and the likes. That's what separates Porsche from the likes of BMW / MB and Audi, and makes them the next level up. That's why at the $1,600+ lease level (per my deal, which is 6% of MSRP), w/ taxes and fees up front, you don't consider a Beemer. How do you know this though about the GTS, was it research or do / did you have one?

In addition to the real wheel steering, I added the special headlights as well. http://www.porsche-code.com/PMC5MV25
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 09:22 PM   #24
daddymalu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Easy to get $20k of m8 now. They are not selling not selling well.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 08:32 AM   #25
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Well said! A friend who had a Macan GTS expressed the same thing. He just couldn't believe he was driving a suv and he's a very well versed P-car guy like me, Ferrari, Mclaren and the likes. That's what separates Porsche from the likes of BMW / MB and Audi, and makes them the next level up. That's why at the $1,600+ lease level (per my deal, which is 6% of MSRP), w/ taxes and fees up front, you don't consider a Beemer. How do you know this though about the GTS, was it research or do / did you have one?

In addition to the real wheel steering, I added the special headlights as well. http://www.porsche-code.com/PMC5MV25
I ordered a cayenne GTS coupe after driving a buddies cayenne GTS coupe. If i was blindfolded i would guess the SUV was the sports car, Porsche is so far and above the other german brands they are worth the premium.

I noticed you got the lightweight package, i wanted that but they wouldnt let me keep a nice interior with it so had to forgo it sadly.

Mine is coming june as of right now, cant wait.
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMMF2UN7
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #26
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
I ordered a cayenne GTS coupe after driving a buddies cayenne GTS coupe. If i was blindfolded i would guess the SUV was the sports car, Porsche is so far and above the other german brands they are worth the premium.

I noticed you got the lightweight package, i wanted that but they wouldnt let me keep a nice interior with it so had to forgo it sadly.

Mine is coming june as of right now, cant wait.
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PMMF2UN7
Nice, same here. My dealer pulled an allocation spot in one week, so it's a May build. I actually love the hounds tooth interior, that comes w/ the Lt Wt package. It's a 70s throw back as well. You can't switch it out, because the cloth inserts are lighter and the elimination of the rear middle seat, further lightens up the interior.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:37 PM   #27
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stav View Post
On the same boat here - lease ends in August and cannot decide what to get for DD. I do about 30 miles daily.

Initially was thinking of another M5 but I will be amazingly bored with the same interior/car (keep in mind this is the first car I have kept for duration of lease - usually get out in a year or two).

We already have an X5 for SUV and a 4 year old so back seat access is important and cannot go 911 route.

Have been thinking of giving the Taycan 4S a try or the upcoming etron GT but not sure ready for electrification when this next one may really be the last gasoline powered one that makes sense.

Then started considering the M8 comp gran coupe but there is just something about the looks that doesn't excite me. Seems just so long maybe? Maybe need to find a good color combination.

So stuck!!!
I could never go electrical, especially coming out of this monster!!
M8 looks like a Mustang. I love Mustangs, but not going to spend over $150k+ for a look alike, no matter what. I priced up a M8 GC comp and the lease rate is nuts and that's with a good discount. I love BMWs and especially M, but I think BMW made a mistake w/ the 8, in that they are now in the $ territory, where people will question is a BMW really worth that. I think when you are up in that range, you go beyond a BMW and level up to Porsche. Just my humble opinion...
Hmmm, could you post a picture of a Mustang that looks like the pics below. Of course, looks are subjective since it's about personal taste—to each their own. I do agree, though, base 2-door models have a kinda-sorta similar silhouette but it's still very much kinda-sorta.

As for the lease rate comparison between Porsche and BMW—get the f#ck out of here—you're funny; good one. :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 11:41 PM   #28
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymalu View Post
Easy to get $20k of m8 now. They are not selling not selling well.
So the double negative means they are selling well... or you're just really, really certain? :
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2021, 03:20 PM   #29
daddymalu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5

Sorry meant not selling well....
Appreciate 1
Fegelein519.00
      03-16-2021, 01:13 PM   #30
e92hunter
Private
Rep
Drives: 21 M5

Yeah the Cayeanne GTS is likely $1000 more per month to lease than the M8. Even Audi seems to have inflated lease rates, an RS7 was quoted at $2800 LOL.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:36 PM   #31
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92hunter View Post
Yeah the Cayeanne GTS is likely $1000 more per month to lease than the M8. Even Audi seems to have inflated lease rates, an RS7 was quoted at $2800 LOL.
The cayenne GTS i was quoted $1900 more a month to lease then my M8, almost identical MSRP, so i purchased it.
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:49 PM   #32
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
The cayenne GTS i was quoted $1900 more a month to lease then my M8, almost identical MSRP, so i purchased it.
Sheesh. I don't understand VW Group's leasing strategy. You could argue it pushes folks to buy—instead of lease—resulting perhaps in a harder brand lock than leasing but all they did was piss me off and lose me. I'm sure I'm not unique in this respect. They could have both but, alas...

What was the MSRP out of interest?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:55 PM   #33
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Wow that lease premium is crazy. I would have thought the lease of Porsche would have higher residuals and lower lease payments than BMW.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 03:14 PM   #34
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Sheesh. I don't understand VW Group's leasing strategy. You could argue it pushes folks to buy—instead of lease—resulting perhaps in a harder brand lock than leasing but all they did was piss me off and lose me. I'm sure I'm not unique in this respect. They could have both but, alas...

What was the MSRP out of interest?
$134k for the cayenne.

Ive purchased all of my previous porsches, its not much of an issue with how much better they hold their values, ive gotten lucky more then once buying new and selling a year or two later for slightly over what i paid.
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 03:54 PM   #35
e92hunter
Private
Rep

Quinn is a baller and can likely just eat any depreciation and tax on a new car finance and can flip it whenever he wants. Must be nice to have that flexibility! Would you guys say that BMW overprices their cars and that's why the lease rates are so low? Depreciation seems very steep for majority of BMWs whereas Porsche GT models or high demand models like the Cayeanne GTS hold their value strongly during the initial 3 year depreciation. I love my '21 M5 but can't see where I would jump to for a similar price range after the lease ends.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 04:41 PM   #36
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quinn is a baller and can likely just eat any depreciation and tax on a new car finance and can flip it whenever he wants. Must be nice to have that flexibility! Would you guys say that BMW overprices their cars and that's why the lease rates are so low? Depreciation seems very steep for majority of BMWs whereas Porsche GT models or high demand models like the Cayeanne GTS hold their value strongly during the initial 3 year depreciation. I love my '21 M5 but can't see where I would jump to for a similar price range after the lease ends.
There are several competitors to the M5. You may prefer the M5, but there are competitors. MB E63, Audi RS6 or RS7, some consider Panamera but I think this is a S Class competitor immediately come to mind. Seems like people cross ship this car with everything so lots of choices.

People are buying a used 1-2 year old Porsche for more than a new car? :
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 05:08 PM   #37
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
$134k for the cayenne.

Ive purchased all of my previous porsches, its not much of an issue with how much better they hold their values, ive gotten lucky more then once buying new and selling a year or two later for slightly over what i paid.
... even more absurd then, sigh.

Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 05:18 PM   #38
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't speak American so I've no idea why 'Quinn is a baller' or what that even means.

I think every vendor prices their cars based on what customers will pay... not some more practical valuation of the car's worth. I'm happy to pay what BMW ask because I enjoy--nay, love--the product and especially the M8.

I agree with your assessment on the 21 M5--other than an M8 GC, there's nothing else to me.

PS: I test drove the 2021 RS7 and, regardless of price, it doesn't compete.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 05:43 PM   #39
e92hunter
Private
Rep

Quote:
I don't speak American so I've no idea why 'Quinn is a baller' or what that even means.

I think every vendor prices their cars based on what customers will pay... not some more practical valuation of the car's worth. I'm happy to pay what BMW ask because I enjoy--nay, love--the product and especially the M8.

I agree with your assessment on the 21 M5--other than an M8 GC, there's nothing else to me.

PS: I test drove the 2021 RS7 and, regardless of price, it doesn't compete.
Sorry for the slang M8, baller = very rich.

I too LOVE the product and am extremely happy with my car besides the peeling paint on the hood...yes that's right there is 2-3" inches of paint literally curling and peeling on my hood! Looks like someone used a cheese slicer to curl the paint. I have barely 2k miles on it and the dealer said I have to have an executive come take a look at it before it's approved and could take some time. Still love the car and will take it in when I have time.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4425.00
      03-16-2021, 09:35 PM   #40
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Porsche leases are bad because of their residual limits and bad money factors. I decided to go the buy route for that reason.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 09:13 AM   #41
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
991.2 GT cars are selling for $30-$50k over MSRP right now.
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 11:17 AM   #42
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
991.2 GT cars are selling for $30-$50k over MSRP right now.
Nice
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 06:16 PM   #43
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hmmm, could you post a picture of a Mustang that looks like the pics below. Of course, looks are subjective since it's about personal taste—to each their own. I do agree, though, base 2-door models have a kinda-sorta similar silhouette but it's still very much kinda-sorta.

As for the lease rate comparison between Porsche and BMW—get the f#ck out of here—you're funny; good one. :
Not following your lease rate comment, but the M8 coupe is notorious for looking like a Stang.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 06:17 PM   #44
Fegelein
Major
Rep

Quote:
Nooooooooooooo, it's less!!!!
Appreciate 0