BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Request - H&R Spring Installation (Northern VA)

12-28-2020, 11:44 PM   #1
Juceman
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Request - H&R Spring Installation (Northern VA)

Not sure how many DIYers are on here, but has anyone written this up? The front looks straight forward, but the rear has me doubting myself due to most of the post citing it as a pain in the ass! I'm a pretty confident/moderately skilled (advanced in some areas) DIY type, but I almost lost all interest in doing this project when I realized I'd have to disassemble the entire trunk/rear deck and risk pinching/damaging the electronic damper control wire . Lol, but that's only because I/we would be on beer/drink 12 by time we even got around to putting that part back together .

Anyway, I'd be down to do the job with some guidance, and so began the never ending search for a well written DIY guide, to which I've had absolutely no luck finding one. If anyone has one, and don't mind sharing, then please accept my gratitude in advance. Also, if someone some how mysteriously was able to acquire the BMW service manual on doing this job ... and is feeling generous, you too have my gratitude!

Lastly, to humor myself I called a local BMW dealer about doing it for me.... and is the best way to describe my reaction. With that said, does anybody know of a reputable shop capable of doing the job in the DMV area? That's DC, Maryland, Virginia for those that don't know . I live in Northern VA and not looking to travel more than 25-35 miles (50 miles is likely the max with reasonable prices). I've seen older post with owners stating $600-$800 is reasonably priced, but don't believe any are my area.

I know one thing for sure, these 550i H&R springs are going to get installed on this car, even if it takes me 3+ days to do it or someone is able to refer me to local shop that can be trusted and has fair prices.

Thanks for taking time to read.

(Written on my iPhone, apologize for typos and grammar issues in advance)
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
shellx
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 997 Turbo S

Check with Greg at Loudoun County Exotics. He's done suspensions (and a host of other things) for my 997 Turbo S, 2017 X5M, 2014 M5 and others. Very dependable and honest.
Appreciate 1
Juceman43.50
      12-30-2020, 11:58 PM   #3
Juceman
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellx View Post
Check with Greg at Loudoun County Exotics. He's done suspensions (and a host of other things) for my 997 Turbo S, 2017 X5M, 2014 M5 and others. Very dependable and honest.
Thank you, I'll be calling over there as soon as permitted.
Appreciate 0