BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Hello UK M5 Owners!

03-21-2019, 06:10 PM   #1
jhbodle
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Hello UK M5 Owners!

So who do we have on this forum from the UK? I got my M5 in October and still do a double take when I see it sitting in the driveway
      03-22-2019, 04:29 AM   #2
JK-M5
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: MBB F90 M5

I'm in the North east of England.

Just got a Marina bay Blue in December, jumped from a Monte carlo Blue F10 only covered 1500 miles so far and loving it,

Just ordered some black front and side grills as a first Cosmetic upgrade.

spacers are next then depending on how it looks might drop it a little
Appreciate 2
jhbodle141.50
Slugsy01155.50
      03-23-2019, 05:24 AM   #3
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

I'm in the East Midlands, my car is San Marino Blue with a Black interior and I picked up the car at the end of September 2018 and am almost at 5,000 miles now, though I'm still absolutely loving it.

My only regret is that you're hard pressed to tell the difference between SMB and MBB, even when they're parked next to each other, so I would say that it's not the best £3.5k I've spent on "options".
      03-23-2019, 07:49 AM   #4
jhbodle
Captain
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulT_M5 View Post
I'm in the East Midlands, my car is San Marino Blue with a Black interior and I picked up the car at the end of September 2018 and am almost at 5,000 miles now, though I'm still absolutely loving it.

My only regret is that you're hard pressed to tell the difference between SMB and MBB, even when they're parked next to each other, so I would say that it's not the best £3.5k I've spent on "options".
That's very interesting as I was going to pony up the extra money on San Marino Blue but they had a Marina Bay Blue one I could have straight away. Do you have any pictures of it? I'd love to see what it looks like on the car!
      03-23-2019, 11:53 AM   #5
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Hello,
Im in the North West. Got my MBB Competition last month, and so far only done 600 miles, but what a machine. Just taken my standard rear spoiler off today, and replaced with the Carbon M Pro spoiler. Just a couple of other things i want to do to the car, but not much, its pretty good as it is
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 03:45 AM   #6
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

Collection day, a photo of the car outside Goodwood House and Goodwood Circuit entrance, then 2 of my SMB next to an MBB car.
Attached Images

03-26-2019, 12:56 PM   #7
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Nice to see a UK forum. I have a Donnington Grey M5 and its 100% stock. :-)
Appreciate 1
JK-M561.00
      03-27-2019, 03:21 AM   #8
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
Nice to see a UK forum. I have a Donnington Grey M5 and its 100% stock. :-)
Think you are fibbing Imran .
Any more news on the exhausts for OPF cars yet ?. I notice on the Remus uk website, it says you can run their center pipe now, but you have to turn of the OPF in the ECU to stop EML etc, is that even possible to do now ?.
Appreciate 1
kljw10.00
      03-27-2019, 04:48 AM   #9
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: All of them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Think you are fibbing Imran .
Any more news on the exhausts for OPF cars yet ?. I notice on the Remus uk website, it says you can run their center pipe now, but you have to turn of the OPF in the ECU to stop EML etc, is that even possible to do now ?.

You can turn the OPF off in the ECU - its the same as doing an ECU tune though so your warranty is at risk.

Have no more news about exhausts that retain the OPF. All the exhaust companies developed on cars that didn't have OPF fitted so now they will have to start over again on these cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2019, 07:05 AM   #10
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post

You can turn the OPF off in the ECU - its the same as doing an ECU tune though so your warranty is at risk.

Have no more news about exhausts that retain the OPF. All the exhaust companies developed on cars that didn't have OPF fitted so now they will have to start over again on these cars.

Ok Imran,
Thankyou
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 04:14 PM   #11
M4RC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Hi Folks,

Finally got registered, picked up my M5C in MBB 2 weeks ago and absolutely love it.

Cheers

Marc
Appreciate 1
Simon H874.50
      04-21-2019, 04:34 PM   #12
bungle321
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Had my MBB a month now. Running in service next week. I’m in the NW, loving the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2019, 01:03 PM   #13
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Hi folks.

I have had my M5 Comp, DG & Silverstone, for nearly a month now.
Just had the RIS done last week. Now off the road for a few day's getting ceramic coating to exterior & full leather protection.

Hope the good weather keeps up so I can try my M2 mode.

Looking for advice on the OEM carbon M Pro boot spoiler.
Is the part number 617295 ?
My dealer has no record of this part.
This spoiler is probably the only addition I'm after. Not keen on the carbon front corners/splitter.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 12:08 PM   #14
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiBee View Post
Hi folks.

I have had my M5 Comp, DG & Silverstone, for nearly a month now.
Just had the RIS done last week. Now off the road for a few day's getting ceramic coating to exterior & full leather protection.

Hope the good weather keeps up so I can try my M2 mode.

Looking for advice on the OEM carbon M Pro boot spoiler.
Is the part number 617295 ?
My dealer has no record of this part.
This spoiler is probably the only addition I'm after. Not keen on the carbon front corners/splitter.

Hi Mate,
Carbon Pro rear spoiler part number is B51. 19. 2. 457. 441. Are you fitting yourself ?, if so fit it with the Betalink adhesive would be my recommendation, i fitted mine myself.

Im not keen on the front carbon corners either, in fact, ive not seen anything that is inspiring for the front at all, so im leaving as is for the time being. I will get the carbon rear diffuser, and some sideblades for the G30 saloon, that are bare plastic, and then paint them gloss black, as im not over keen on the carbon ones, and they are £1.5k
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 04:12 PM   #15
HiBee
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp 2019. DG & Silverston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
Hi Mate,
Carbon Pro rear spoiler part number is B51. 19. 2. 457. 441. Are you fitting yourself ?, if so fit it with the Betalink adhesive would be my recommendation, i fitted mine myself.

Im not keen on the front carbon corners either, in fact, ive not seen anything that is inspiring for the front at all, so im leaving as is for the time being. I will get the carbon rear diffuser, and some sideblades for the G30 saloon, that are bare plastic, and then paint them gloss black, as im not over keen on the carbon ones, and they are £1.5k
Thanks Bud.

That's the type of spoiler I want. Similar to the type the M4 ones I have seen.
Will contact my dealer to order. They quoted me £65 to fit the standard carbon spoiler, so probably the same to fit the M Pro.

I also fancy the carbon diffuser, but that can wait. Prefer a full carbon apron as well, which isn't yet available from BMW. Maybe some aftermarket suppliers have them. Not really looked though.

A front splitter full width is what's needed if available. Not bothered with the side blades.

TBH gloss black body kit throughout would look fine to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #16
M4RC
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

I’m with you guys on the front end, needs to be full length. I’m also keen on the G30 skirts in gloss black. Simon any idea on the code/price of these?
Appreciate 1
M5 London307.00
      04-24-2019, 05:13 PM   #17
Simon H
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4RC View Post
I’m with you guys on the front end, needs to be full length. I’m also keen on the G30 skirts in gloss black. Simon any idea on the code/price of these?
Hi Marc,
Im sure they are around £550 - £600 for the pair, then there is the paint, gloss black on top of that. But far better than the £1500 for the carbon ones. Not sure on the part numbers for them, but if you ask for the G30 sideblades, they are the ones.
Appreciate 1
M4RC6.00
      04-29-2019, 03:08 AM   #18
JSR2018
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BSM F90 Competition

Hello everyone.

I have had my BSM M5C since late September last year. Now up to about 8k miles.

Love the car.

I am based in the South East - Kent/Sussex areas.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 03:53 PM   #19
awg454
Registered
Rep

Hi East Anglia here had mine since 21st March just had my running in service done,mines purple silk !
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 03:28 AM   #20
Lee-69
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

Hi Guys,

In Merseyside, picked up my M5 Comp about 5 weeks ago after almost 4 years in an RS6 Avant.
Definitely quicker than my Audi and definitely more twitchy in the wet!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 08:22 AM   #21
AdamW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 LCI

Hi All
Hampshire here, just waiting on the arrival on mine now, M5 non Comp in MBB!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 03:46 PM   #22
mcdokika
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 CP

Hi folks!

Have been thinking of buying an M5 Comp (current car is X6 50i ,450hp, 16 reg plate 19.5k miles, first owner - on PCP ending this August ) , not sure though whether to go for the Competition or the 'normal' one.

Have driven the normal M5, felt obviously stiffer and quicker than my X6 with air springs.At that time it was a bit too hard for me compared to my luxurious full merino X6.And I must admit I really like the high SAV driving position ... (had a tuned F30 335XD before that)

BUT. Since I drove that M5 times have changed, prices have dropped too, and I have read so many good review of the Comp. Pack one that I am really thinking about buying one.

I did not manage to arrange a testdrive yet , local dealer sold demo car etc.. I am sure that is different to a normal one, said to behave more like one of the old M cars . Love the sound of if in sport plus mode which U don't use all the time anyway as it's too loud , but sometimes , weekeds amazing fun .

My main concern is the comfort . We have not got the best roads in Dorset and I would hate a car which is too hard even in comfort mode.Apparently you feel all the bumps and the surface of the road even in eff. mode.Pros and cons..

Mrs has got an X2, 68 plate, 20d, she loves it to bits, I don't... It is a nice car don't get me wrong. But the seats are too tight, when I seat in the passanger seat I feel like being in a bunker .. She knows that I hate it and I do feel very guilty as I made the deal I did want this car Not anymore though...

Selling an X6 V8 , it's not easy. This one has a special colour , sparkling storm with an extravagant interior , that's how the extra was called. The car has mint condition, but I think they are afraid of the combination of the colours. I do believe though that I could sell it privately and have a nice equity on it. All what dealers offered were under my August GFV , not good. They either suggested selling it privately or just VT it which I don't really fancy .

https://images.caricos.com/b/bmw/201..._1920x1080.jpg

with this interior.https://www.autocar.co.uk/sites/auto...?itok=-ZKSB0wo

Anyhow, what I thought today that perhaps we should keep the X6 and get rid of the X2 , Mrs is not very happy about the idea and would not be a good idea financially either. Her car is also a well equipped car but has lost a lot of its value since last year unfortunately. However if we kept my lovely X6 for her I and I could get a nice new M5 we would be all happy Will do some maths but this latest option would be the worst idea money wise. We would have 2 quick V8's though and at least one very comfortable car .

She only wants 5 doors as she would like to have kids that's why she had her 2 series PX changed into this current X2.
She has drive mine a few times, not very confident about its dimensions though .

Thank you for reading my story , if you have any good buying suggestions please let me know , I hope you all enjoy your M5' s !

If somebody could tell me about the ride comfort of the M5 Comp in daily life, that would be great.

(ps buying a 3rd car is not an option for sure )