BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Regional Forums UK    Hello UK M5 Owners!

11-16-2022, 09:16 PM   #155
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk555 View Post
Hi all, new to me after having days of machine polishing and a ceramic coat done. New wheels as well
Congratulations! Is this SRB?
      11-17-2022, 04:08 AM   #156
timk555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
It is yes, good eye👍
Appreciate 1
      11-17-2022, 04:09 AM   #157
timk555
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by josec70 View Post
Car looks great! Congrats and enjoy in good health.
Thanks a lot👍
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2022, 08:32 AM   #158
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by timk555 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
It is yes, good eye👍
Awesome color! We don't see too many of those.
      02-22-2023, 12:52 PM   #159
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Out with the old, and in with the BLUE!

I'm sad to see my 540i Touring go after two brilliant years of ownership, but thrilled to finally be in an M5 after years of dreaming about them.

It's incredible how different they feel to the regular 5 series. It hides the weight so well.

Here's hoping that my neighbours don't hate the cold starts at 7am and that Marina Bay Blue is easier to look after than Tanzanite!
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
DavidXJ661.50
Rza00021.00
F30Andy1748.50
JOHNBMWM51987.50
M5 London307.00
      02-22-2023, 12:58 PM   #160
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
I'm sad to see my 540i Touring go after two brilliant years of ownership, but thrilled to finally be in an M5 after years of dreaming about them.

It's incredible how different they feel to the regular 5 series. It hides the weight so well.

Here's hoping that my neighbours don't hate the cold starts at 7am and that Marina Bay Blue is easier to look after than Tanzanite!
Congrats. Mine looked like yours when I picked it up in October. I’ve since blown a load of money on the full carbon pack, and a few other mods. MBB is definitely the best color for the M5.
Appreciate 2
      02-22-2023, 03:36 PM   #161
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
Congrats. Mine looked like yours when I picked it up in October. I’ve since blown a load of money on the full carbon pack, and a few other mods. MBB is definitely the best color for the M5.
Thanks! I've been eyeing up some of those carbon goodies as well, but I think my wife might disown me, so mine will stay as it is for now.

I actually might have gone for a different colour but managed to find a cracking deal on this one. I wondered if the MBB would be too loud for me, but I was almost speechless when I saw it. I can't stop looking out of the window at it.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2023, 03:47 PM   #162
DavidXJ
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas387 View Post
Thanks! I've been eyeing up some of those carbon goodies as well, but I think my wife might disown me, so mine will stay as it is for now.

I actually might have gone for a different colour but managed to find a cracking deal on this one. I wondered if the MBB would be too loud for me, but I was almost speechless when I saw it. I can't stop looking out of the window at it.

Couldn't agree more with you and RichF90M5C that MMB is the supremely flattering F90 colour, biased as of course I unashamedly am... Congrats on the new beast, in any case. I made a similar journey to you, coming from a Tanzanite M340i: the step up in power, agility, precision, chassis dynamism, and all-round aura is just astonishing. And yes, the cold starts (and warm restarts) are a symphony to behold! Just make sure you plug in Sport + on either the M1 or M2 presets and engage that before you press the ignition: that way you'll get the full exhaust bark (small, quotidian pleasures, admittedly; but worth it all the same, even if you'll inevitably draw attention from bystanders and/or neighbours).

Speaking of attention: yes, MMB really does attract an audience. I was to-ing and fro-ing between that and Donington Grey, which has a lovely glow to it in the sun. But in the end, MMB affords a zesty and charismatic lift to what is otherwise, as we all know, quite a restrained design for this M5. I've never had so many compliments, all the way from your M-aficionado and to a casual passersby. And what's more, it really is substantially easier to maintain than Tanzanite, which I found to be a spectacularly transformative colour in the sun, but a real chore to keep in shape during rainy months (and indeed in pollen season too). I'm still washing mine weekly, of course--there's no way back...!

Enjoy,

D

Previous:
G20 M340i
G20 330i M Sport
Appreciate 4
F30Andy1748.50
RichF90M5C1626.00
Jas387200.50
      03-12-2023, 11:42 AM   #163
Jas387
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidXJ View Post
Couldn't agree more with you and RichF90M5C that MMB is the supremely flattering F90 colour, biased as of course I unashamedly am... Congrats on the new beast, in any case. I made a similar journey to you, coming from a Tanzanite M340i: the step up in power, agility, precision, chassis dynamism, and all-round aura is just astonishing. And yes, the cold starts (and warm restarts) are a symphony to behold! Just make sure you plug in Sport + on either the M1 or M2 presets and engage that before you press the ignition: that way you'll get the full exhaust bark (small, quotidian pleasures, admittedly; but worth it all the same, even if you'll inevitably draw attention from bystanders and/or neighbours).

Speaking of attention: yes, MMB really does attract an audience. I was to-ing and fro-ing between that and Donington Grey, which has a lovely glow to it in the sun. But in the end, MMB affords a zesty and charismatic lift to what is otherwise, as we all know, quite a restrained design for this M5. I've never had so many compliments, all the way from your M-aficionado and to a casual passersby. And what's more, it really is substantially easier to maintain than Tanzanite, which I found to be a spectacularly transformative colour in the sun, but a real chore to keep in shape during rainy months (and indeed in pollen season too). I'm still washing mine weekly, of course--there's no way back...!

Enjoy,

D
Thanks David.

I probably would have chosen Donington Grey if it had been an option at the time I ordered, just because I'm usually drawn to silvers and greys and wanted something easier to look after than Tanzanite, but I am so pleased with the MBB. It certainly does turn heads - In the couple of weeks I've had it, I've had so many people asking me about it. Car people want to know about the car, and non-car people want to know what the colour is called!

You're right about Tanzanite - absolutely stunning in full sun but quite muted in duller weather, and hard to look after for the majority of the year!

I was a bit worried about the cold starts, but several of my neighbours are car enthusiasts, and the others are very understanding (or too polite to complain!), which is a relief!
Appreciate 2
      03-12-2023, 01:31 PM   #164
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Best colour by far, enjoy.
RichF90M5C1626.00
Jas387200.50
DavidXJ661.50