E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > 2A80

03-22-2018, 11:38 PM   #1
qball
Rep
Drives: 2012 335xi BSM AT

2A80

Hello all,
Two weeks back I accelerated on the highway and had a misfire. Car bucked pretty hard and I was able to get it off into a parking lot. Had it towed to BMW. They said it was an injector in cylinder 1. Wanted a but ton of money for it. Took it to an Indy and they pulled the coil off and found a crack in it. New coil and plug and no more misfire. Now, the mechanic noticed a small stutter at startup and looked deeper. There was a pending code 28A0. He tried to run it down and finally said it must be due to my aftermarket intercooler and charge pipe. No problem. I take the car not knowing how long the code has been pending. Now I have an SES and the code keeps getting thrown regardless if I clear it. I keep seeing these posts about that code and a bad intake cam. Has anyone tracked it down to maybe a boost leak or something less drastic? I know people say it is a tuner code and to ignore but they aren’t typically throwing an SES. Any help would be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2018, 12:37 AM   #2
FireBlaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

I used to get that code periodically when I had the BMS intake installed. Now I'm back to stock intake and I haven't seen it since. I viewed it as a tuner code and wasn't concerned about it.