BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Cosmetic Modifications    2023 M5 Comp - Driver Door Rattle/Buzz

11-08-2023, 02:54 PM   #1
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

2023 M5 Comp - Driver Door Rattle/Buzz

Anyone had any issues with driver's side front door buzzing/rattling? It's a very small one, but it's annoying nonetheless. Smooth roads no problems, but even roads with minor roughness get it going. It's gotten worse over time, or at the very least gets worse in cooler weather. I can brace my elbow against where the CF meets the leather, and it stops. I swear I can hear the same from the passenger side, too.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 09:04 AM   #2
pmsteinm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 19 X5

Garage List
I have developed a few noises but it is hard to tell if it's the car or my kid's car seats. When I get new summer tires I'll have the car seats out and will check for rattles then. There are threads on a rattle around the headliner where the shark fin is.

My 09 V was pretty rattle free for 14 years. But when the weather cooled off I would get a ticking sound from either the driver door or the B pillar, I could never track it down. But it was rare enough it didn't bother me too much.

I would never take a car to the dealer to fix a noise unless I already knew where it was. I don't want them riding around "testing".
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1301.50
      11-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #3
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsteinm View Post
I have developed a few noises but it is hard to tell if it's the car or my kid's car seats. When I get new summer tires I'll have the car seats out and will check for rattles then. There are threads on a rattle around the headliner where the shark fin is.

My 09 V was pretty rattle free for 14 years. But when the weather cooled off I would get a ticking sound from either the driver door or the B pillar, I could never track it down. But it was rare enough it didn't bother me too much.

I would never take a car to the dealer to fix a noise unless I already knew where it was. I don't want them riding around "testing".
Yea, I'm not too keen on them pulling the door card off. Quite possible they end up creating another rattle while trying to pin another down, and absolutely they will have to do extensive "testing." It's just a coincidence it's parked at Chipotle.
Appreciate 1
pmsteinm316.00
      11-21-2023, 04:57 PM   #4
smbsocal
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '21 M5, '59 C1, '23 X6

My previous C63S MB was a rattle can, the M5 has only a couple of creaks and rattles.

If it is a wire hitting something inside you may need to remove the door card and wrap the wire in tesa tape or felt and/or secure it to the door better so it doesn't move. If it is where two surfaces meet you can try to put some tesa tape in between the two surfaces to see if it helps.

Good luck, I am bothered by these type of things as well. I just got my M5 back from the shop for the sun roof rattling, second attempt.
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1301.50