BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    On the fence no more :) Dinan exhaust on the way!

03-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #67
AquilaBMW
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I had the great pleasure of consulting with Soooma about this exhaust system and what his goals were.

First let me say it was a delight to chat with a fellow true enthusiast and ultimate great guy.

As mentioned already in this thread, there are louder exhaust systems out there for the F90, however Soooma wanted something with some civility to it and more of a tuned sound. I believe this is what the DINAN system is able to provide. Is it louder than stock? Yes - No question about that. But it isn't the loudest bark in the doghouse.

Prior to discussing things with Soooma, I got to talk with the crew at DINAN, one such discussion was with Phil M who built the exhaust. We were able to chat about things like flow and how chamber size and design can affect sound - from quality to quantity. There was a good deal of time, effort, resources and a fair amount of trial and error to get to this stage.

This exhaust follows the DINAN tradition of providing sound quality while not necessarily providing immense sound quantity. This dates back to when Steve Dinan was creating the first exhaust systems for models like the E24, E34 and E39.

When Soooma and I chatted about this system, we covered various systems on the market. Having the loudest bark wasn't the main goal here. There were things like aesthetics to the eyes, sound "quality" and value. These are all pretty subjective choices. I've had Akra pipes on my motorbikes, but DINAN pipes on my cars We all have our tastes and what we like.

The beauty of today's market is that there are choices for everyone out there. If you are looking for enhanced sound with more depth and a deeper tone - then the DINAN system could well be the one for you.

I really appreciate Soooma giving the system a shot. It's never easy being the "first" one to try something out. I am looking forward to additional feedback over time as the exhaust breaks in.

On behalf of DINAN, I too thank you for giving the brand another shot. I actually wasn't aware you'd had a bad experience before.

If anyone has any questions or if I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know.

Oh.... and yeah, no matter what exhaust system you get, you'll probably have to roll down the windows to enjoy the sounds from the Driver's seat. Darn modern cars are so insulated! LOL!

Thanks again Soooma (Basim).

Last edited by AquilaBMW; 03-07-2019 at 04:03 PM..
Appreciate 2
soooma1376.50
mqmh2319.50
      03-07-2019, 04:00 PM   #68
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquilaBMW View Post
I had the great pleasure of consulting with Soooma about this exhaust system and what his goals were.

First let me say it was a delight to chat with a fellow true enthusiast and ultimate great guy.

As mentioned already in this thread, there are louder exhaust systems out there for the F90, however Soooma wanted something with some civility to it and more of a tuned sound. I believe this is what the DINAN system is able to provide. Is it louder than stock? Yes - No question about that. But it isn't the loudest bark in the pen.

Prior to discussing things with Soooma, I got to talk with the crew at DINAN, one such discussion was with Phil M who built the exhaust. We were able to chat about things like flow and how chamber size and design can affect sound - from quality to quantity. There was a good deal of time, effort, resources and a fair amount of trial and error to get to this stage.

This exhaust follows the DINAN tradition of providing sound quality while not necessarily providing immense sound quantity. This dates back to when Steve Dinan was creating the first exhaust systems for models like the E24, E34 and E39.

When Soooma and I chatted about this system, we covered various systems on the market. Having the loudest bark wasn't he main goal here. There were things like aesthetics to the eyes, sound "quality" and value. These are all pretty subjective choices. I've had Akra pipes on my motorbikes, but DINAN pipes on my cars We all have our tastes and what we like.

The beauty of today's market is there is are choices for everyone out there. If you are looking for enhanced sound with a more depth and a deeper tone - then the DINAN system could well be the one for you.

I really appreciate Soooma giving the system a shot. It's never easy being the "first" one to try something out. I am looking forward to additional feedback over time as the exhaust breaks in.

On behalf of DINAN, I too thank you for giving the brand another shot. I actually wasn't aware you'd had a bad experience before.

If anyone has any questions or if I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know.

Pleasure was all mine Mike
https://we.tl/t-jR9qJkw5QQ
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 04:53 PM   #69
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Thanks
In the same BLUE vein, does it really add 8 ponies? Was this corroborated and how? Just being freer flow!?
Yes its real (kind of). But lets be honest here as well - an exhaust, specifically an axle back exhaust for all intents and purposes is a sound only modification. Keep in mind that 8/6 gain is at the crank and also pretty much isolated at the top end of the RPM curve so its not really something terribly meaningful or noticeable under normal driving conditions. It makes a great bullet point for marketing though.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      03-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #70
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering View Post
Quote:
Thanks
In the same BLUE vein, does it really add 8 ponies? Was this corroborated and how? Just being freer flow!?
Yes its real (kind of). But lets be honest here as well - an exhaust, specifically an axle back exhaust for all intents and purposes is a sound only modification. Keep in mind that 8/6 gain is at the crank and also pretty much isolated at the top end of the RPM curve so its not really something terribly meaningful or noticeable under normal driving conditions. It makes a great bullet point for marketing though.
Appreciate the candor
Indulge

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      03-07-2019, 05:18 PM   #71
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

M5 F90 Dinan Exhaust Sound

https://we.tl/t-0Swdpl13hh

Hope this works!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #72
Ever34
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Tips look great. Congrats
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      03-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #73
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Nope, Fired.

Edit, it worked but man that was short... sure it was just the tip?

LOLOLOL
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 06:27 PM   #74
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Quote:
Nope, Fired.

Edit, it worked but man that was short... sure it was just the tip?

LOLOLOL
Only for you Vic55
Hope I can convert you

Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12914.00
      03-07-2019, 06:49 PM   #75
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ever34 View Post
Tips look great. Congrats
They are the "Tip" of the iceberg LOL no pun intended!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #76
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Only for you Vic55
Hope I can convert you

Never, you are into tips and I just cant do that sir.

Side note, is that with the xpipe? Cause that would change the Dinan DB's
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      03-07-2019, 06:59 PM   #77
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Only for you Vic55
Hope I can convert you

Never, you are into tips and I just cant do that sir.
LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:06 PM   #78
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
LOL
I knew you would like that...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #79
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Appreciate the candor
Indulge

Gee, if anyone wanted to know what the Remus exhaust looked like on 2 different shades of blue and 3 different shades of black, he's got us covered, cuz every picture looks like a different colored car...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:34 PM   #80
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks
Appreciate the candor
Indulge

Gee, if anyone wanted to know what the Remus exhaust looked like on 2 different shades of blue and 3 different shades of black, he's got us covered, cuz every picture looks like a different colored car...
HahaHaha
For realZ
I don't think Remus has anything on this, but online videos don't do any Exhaust justice PERIOD! If it were only for Online videos, I would have never gotten Dinan's exhaust as their official video did a terrible job and injustice to how this exhaust really sounds!

Before I arrived to pick my car up from EuroMpire, in Monroe NC, the shop said it sounded amazing and he installs all types of exhaust and builds race cars from scratch!! Shout out to Matt @ EuroMpire!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 07:40 PM   #81
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
HahaHaha
For realZ
I don't think Remus has anything on this, but online videos don't do any Exhaust justice PERIOD! If it were only for Online videos, I would have never gotten Dinan's exhaust as their official video did a terrible job and injustice to how this exhaust really sounds!

Before I arrived to pick my car up from EuroMpire, in Monroe NC, the shop said it sounded amazing and he installs all types of exhaust and builds race cars from scratch!! Shout out to Matt @ EuroMpire!
He wasnt saying Remus was better, but it is LOLOL... he was saying that you pic whore you car out.
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      03-07-2019, 07:42 PM   #82
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
HahaHaha
For realZ

He wasnt saying Remus was better, but it is LOLOL... he was saying that you pic whore you car out.
I know
I was just too excited LOL
I always do this with my pictures, but again I get too excited and carried away

In a different tipsy note
I love the Dinan Quad tips! Makes you feel you have Akra level of exhaust! 4" make all the difference
Appreciate 1
Vic5519237.00
      03-07-2019, 07:50 PM   #83
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
I know

I love the Dinan Quad tips! Makes you feel you have Akra level of exhaust! 4" make all the difference
Im sorry but girth makes all the difference and those skinny ass walls are gonna make a lot of peeps cringe including the ladies. Its the piping of the pipes if you get my point ahhahhaah

I win
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      03-07-2019, 07:51 PM   #84
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I know

Im sorry but girth makes all the difference and those skinny ass walls are gonna make a lot of peeps cringe including the ladies. Its the piping of the pipes if you get my point ahhahhaah

I win
Hahaha
Yes you do!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 08:28 PM   #85
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:

As mentioned already in this thread, there are louder exhaust systems out there for the F90, however Soooma wanted something with some civility to it and more of a tuned sound. I believe this is what the DINAN system is able to provide. Is it louder than stock? Yes - No question about that. But it isn't the loudest bark in the doghouse.

When Soooma and I chatted about this system, we covered various systems on the market. Having the loudest bark wasn't the main goal here. There were things like aesthetics to the eyes, sound "quality" and value. These are all pretty subjective choices. I've had Akra pipes on my motorbikes, but DINAN pipes on my cars We all have our tastes and what we like.

The beauty of today's market is that there are choices for everyone out there. If you are looking for enhanced sound with more depth and a deeper tone - then the DINAN system could well be the one for you.

Oh.... and yeah, no matter what exhaust system you get, you'll probably have to roll down the windows to enjoy the sounds from the Driver's seat. Darn modern cars are so insulated! LOL!

I hear the Eisenmann race just fine with everything closed. So do my neighbors and even their neighbors.
Appreciate 3
soooma1376.50
r33_RGSport12914.00
      03-07-2019, 08:49 PM   #86
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickburn7 View Post
Quote:

I hear the Eisenmann race just fine with everything closed. So do my neighbors and even their neighbors.
You got STRAIGHT PIPED everything
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 09:02 PM   #87
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

All that matters is that it's louder than Vic's car now
Appreciate 1
soooma1376.50
      03-07-2019, 09:17 PM   #88
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

All that matters is that it's louder than Vic's car now
Absolutely and actually that's not a very high bar to overcome
Appreciate 0