BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 Bluetooth audio question

05-09-2020, 06:32 PM   #1
markmark
Rep
Drives: m

M5 Bluetooth audio question

Hey just got a 2019 m5 comp.

Quick question. I have added my iPod for Bluetooth audio. Everything connects and works.

Question is

How do I change tracks? In my other cars I set to shuffle and then when I hit next on steering wheel it just shuffles and plays another song.

Here with the steering wheel it just goes down the list or with the I drive controller it just plays “next song”. How can I just do “next track” and have it randomize, not go down the song list.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
Aronis
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

If you don't have Random checked it should play your list in sequence.

I have given up on Bluetooth for streaming since it does not work with anything but the native iPhone iTunes app. All other music or video applications disconnect from the bluetooth after a few minutes. (works fine in my other cars, just not in the BMW.) I use a thumb drive and copy my audio files there to play.

From the Thumb drive if I hit next it skips to the next file. And if you turn the thumb wheel on the steering wheel your dashboard display will show your list (or also will show on the HeadsUp Display if you don't have the M-Mode on)

Mike

Mike

2018 M5 and 2019 Porsche Boxster GTS
Prior. '94 325is, '97 M3 Lux, '16 M2
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
markmark
Rep
Drives: m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aronis View Post
If you don't have Random checked it should play your list in sequence.

I have given up on Bluetooth for streaming since it does not work with anything but the native iPhone iTunes app. All other music or video applications disconnect from the bluetooth after a few minutes. (works fine in my other cars, just not in the BMW.) I use a thumb drive and copy my audio files there to play.

From the Thumb drive if I hit next it skips to the next file. And if you turn the thumb wheel on the steering wheel your dashboard display will show your list (or also will show on the HeadsUp Display if you don't have the M-Mode on)

Mike

Mike
I have random/shuffle selected. But the button on right side of the steering wheel when I click it up or down. It just makes the selector go through the playlist itself and I still have to choose the song.

How can I just hit “next” without having to select the song. Is there a way to adjust the scroll wheel or anywhere where it can just go to “next song” and shuffle without me having to choose the song itself?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2020, 07:42 AM   #4
wesleyan92
Captain
Rep
Drives: M8 GC || M5 Comp || X7 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X740i  [0.00]
2021 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markmark View Post
I have random/shuffle selected. But the button on right side of the steering wheel when I click it up or down. It just makes the selector go through the playlist itself and I still have to choose the song.

How can I just hit “next” without having to select the song. Is there a way to adjust the scroll wheel or anywhere where it can just go to “next song” and shuffle without me having to choose the song itself?
Not sure I am getting the question; to the earlier comment, make sure the playlist is set to random on your iPhone. Start playback over bluetooth ->hit next button or scroll wheel to next song->press enter and it picks up the random song next in line. What am I missing?

It works with gesture control as well.
Appreciate 0