Garage List
2020 X3MC  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Glad you like it--I think I might be in love with it.

The tech is familiar in a good way. It turns in better and feels more nimble in general--odd really given that it actually weighs more so I've put that down to the Carbon Core. Performance-wise, I've got it virtually matching my 2020 M5 Comp now (0-60 in sub 2.6s and 1/4 mile in sub 10.5s) so it also has the performance chops to practice what it preaches so to speak. It's also extremely rare and, given the number available in the country, it will probably remain that way for quite some time.

The interior is a significant step-up in both design and the surface materials. The seats are very comfortable but inferior to the M5 in articulation and no massage available. It has a few features that were notably absent from the M5, e.g. Remote Start.

Totally subjectively: the car makes me feel very, very special whenever I drive it. Given that I'm not remotely special , that's quite the achievement!
Limey, if you get a custom steering wheel, it will make you feel even more special. I'm sure Ben can send you a nice flat bottom CF steering wheel. That generic BMW steering wheel is just mot sexy enough.
Interesting idea. Thanks.

Note that I switch in and out of cars every 12-18 months so my appetite for super-expensive not-portable mods is less than it otherwise would be.

// says the guy who spent $800 on a ceramic controller that he gave away 3 months later.

r33_RGSport Ben, what do you suggest?

I believe I saw a custom wheel in an X3M, can't recall who that was, though.
Based on your previous posts, I thought you were going to say "yeah I got one on order."
Appreciate 2
r33_RGSport12912.50
limeypride4423.50
      05-05-2020, 10:17 PM   #90
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by floating.spirit View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Quote:
Glad you like it--I think I might be in love with it.

The tech is familiar in a good way. It turns in better and feels more nimble in general--odd really given that it actually weighs more so I've put that down to the Carbon Core. Performance-wise, I've got it virtually matching my 2020 M5 Comp now (0-60 in sub 2.6s and 1/4 mile in sub 10.5s) so it also has the performance chops to practice what it preaches so to speak. It's also extremely rare and, given the number available in the country, it will probably remain that way for quite some time.

The interior is a significant step-up in both design and the surface materials. The seats are very comfortable but inferior to the M5 in articulation and no massage available. It has a few features that were notably absent from the M5, e.g. Remote Start.

Totally subjectively: the car makes me feel very, very special whenever I drive it. Given that I'm not remotely special , that's quite the achievement!
Limey, if you get a custom steering wheel, it will make you feel even more special. I'm sure Ben can send you a nice flat bottom CF steering wheel. That generic BMW steering wheel is just mot sexy enough.
Interesting idea. Thanks.

Note that I switch in and out of cars every 12-18 months so my appetite for super-expensive not-portable mods is less than it otherwise would be.

// says the guy who spent $800 on a ceramic controller that he gave away 3 months later.

r33_RGSport Ben, what do you suggest?

I believe I saw a custom wheel in an X3M, can't recall who that was, though.
Based on your previous posts, I thought you were going to say "yeah I got one on order."
I tried. Ben figured out it'll disable some of the driver assist functionality—so that's not happening.
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12912.50
      05-05-2020, 11:44 PM   #91
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

That’s Ben’s custom steering wheel in my F97 btw. But yeah, it does disable some of the assist functions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0