BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Vehicle Virgins F90 M5 review

07-24-2018, 06:06 AM   #45
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreudeamFahren18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcw495 View Post
I'm just curious, because I haven't been following Parker's channel for very long, and I've only met him once and chatted for a few hours, but why do people dislike him so strongly?

I guess maybe this is normal for YouTubers to be disliked? Because Schmee was also getting a lot of haters in the thread about one of his reviews lol.
People are generally jealous. These guys are not claiming to be experts they are just successful dudes who are making tons of money and i believe people arenaturally jealous of that. Shmee even got a free F90 from BMW and they even let him film at the BMW individual Manufaktur. I dont know any regular guy out there that is so connected in the automotive industry than that guy. Ford even gave him a build for a GT. Porsche let him film his GT3 being built, He has connections at Mercedes. I mean you gotta give these guys props for being creative and the handsome rewards that comes with being a successful YouTuber.
Companies don't care about that dweeb. He gets people watching so they hook him up. When they realize that 80% of his viewership is 16 year old boys in south India who will ride a bicycle all their lives his joke of a channel will dwindle into oblivion!

Those of us into old and new cars watch YouTube content to see footage of cars; most of us don't want to see some guy insecurely rambling about himself; like these vloggers do day after day after day...
      07-24-2018, 08:10 AM   #46
ozy
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Of course this guy is a bit biased... He blew $100k+++ on his mb ,why wouldn't he be?
I drove both ,and had a loaded e63s on order since last October. got tired of waiting and hearing bs excuses from mb....
picked a beautiful 2018 m5 in Azurite black and black merino interior..... very happy with my choice. AM who?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 02:10 AM   #47
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Watched the VV comparison. I didn't find him to be bias even though he has the E63 as his points are pretty much on par with what others say about the two cars. At the end of the day, they are both great cars with very comparable performance. He doesn't bad talk the M5 or make any BS statements. Worth watching if you are in the market. The one interesting takeaway was he said the steering feel is better on the M5.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 11:07 AM   #48
tcw495
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesixeight View Post
Watched the VV comparison. I didn't find him to be bias even though he has the E63 as his points are pretty much on par with what others say about the two cars. At the end of the day, they are both great cars with very comparable performance. He doesn't bad talk the M5 or make any BS statements. Worth watching if you are in the market. The one interesting takeaway was he said the steering feel is better on the M5.
I agree, I thought it was generally a fair review. Who cares which one he picked in the end? He made all the points about what each car does better, and said if you want responsiveness/performance/looks, get an M5, if you want exhaust notes and better interior, get the e63.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #49
bumplin
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 535i Xdrive

is that donington grey?
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2018, 02:45 PM   #50
81bear
Captain
Rep