BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    New BMW M5 to support team of agents in Mission Impossible Fallout (Trailer)

06-07-2018, 10:32 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

New BMW M5 to support team of agents in Mission Impossible Fallout (Trailer)

BIMMERPOST NEWS
New BMW M5 to support team of agents in Mission Impossible Fallout
COMMENTS

Munich, Germany- June 07, 2018... The BMW Group announces its role as the exclusive worldwide automotive partner of the next installment of Paramount Pictures’ and Skydance Media’s legendary action film franchise, “Mission: Impossible – Fallout,” opening in cinemas around the world from 27 July. BMW has been a partner of the iconic film series since 2011, and in the upcoming film, BMW once again provides a range of vehicles and global marketing in support of the release.

Watch the BMW “Mission: Impossible – Fallout” trailers below.

The new movie finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team (Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames) along with some familiar allies (Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan) in a race against time after a mission gone wrong. Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, and Vanessa Kirby also join the dynamic cast with filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie returning to the direct.

The team of agents is reinforced by the new BMW M5 and a number of other BMW models, including the 1986 BMW 5 Series Sedan, the BMW 7 Series Sedan and the BMW R nineT Scrambler.

Styled with characteristic BMW M Performance Parts, such as a black kidney grille and carbon-fibre mirror caps, the BMW M5 makes an impressive appearance in the film. With its powerful 4.4-litre V8 biturbo engine with TwinPower Turbo technology and 441 kW/600 hp (combined fuel consumption: 10.5 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 241 g/km) and the newly-developed high-performance M xDrive all-wheel drive, the BMW M5 makes sure that Cruise’s Ethan Hunt always has the best-possible traction and superior driving dynamics to keep him ahead of his enemies.

The BMW R nineT Scrambler can be seen in key scenes, performing daring manoeuvres at rapid speed in a wild chase through Paris. A 1986 BMW 5 Series Sedan, from BMW’s historic past, also makes a major appearance in a high-octane scene which sets a new standard for the action-film genre. The trailer released by Paramount Pictures provides a taste of what is to come.

As part of the collaboration with Paramount Pictures, BMW’s global “Mission to Thrill” themed marketing campaign will promote and support the theatrical release and include cobranded broadcast TV media highlighting a range of different vehicles, print ads, digital across BMW sites as well as other key channels, in dealer activations and more.

“BMW and ‘Mission: Impossible’ are a perfect fit. We are proud of our long-running partnership with Paramount Pictures and that our powerful cars and motorcycles have been able to enhance this iconic film series time and again. For exciting chases, you need cars with impressive driving dynamics and handling,” said Uwe Dreher, head of Brand Communications BMW, BMW M, BMW i. “This provides the ideal stage for our most dynamic business athlete: the BMW M5.”

“We are excited to welcome BMW back as a partner on ‘Mission: Impossible Fallout,’” said Irene Trachtenberg, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Partnerships, Paramount Pictures. “Our partnership with BMW provides a global platform to reach Mission: Impossible movie fans around the world and leverage our mutual passion for technological innovation, high octane action and compelling storytelling.”

The “Mission Impossible” partnership between BMW and Paramount Pictures, which dates from 2011, has already provided movie fans with several classic moments of cinematic history. The BMW brand has been meaningfully integrated into the stories of each film, showcasing forward thinking technologies and vision that have helped the IMF agents successfully complete their missions.

The BMW i Vision Dynamics concept vehicle, which previewed the revolutionary BMW i8 hybrid sports car and technologies like Head-Up Display and active Pedestrian Detection, made its debut in “Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol” in 2011.

In 2015, this was followed by “Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation,” in which the BMW M3 pulled off one of the most spectacular backwards-driving stunts in film history. The movie car once again provided a glimpse of future technology with the handprint unlock function, while motorcycle enthusiasts will fondly remember the high-speed chase in which Ethan Hunt rides the BMW Motorrad S 1000 RR through the mountains outside Marrakech.

“Mission: Impossible - Fallout” promises to be the most thrilling mission yet.

Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 2
1M Tex240.00
      06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #2
jeddo45
Apprentice
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Munich, Germany- June 07, 2018... The BMW Group announces its role as the exclusive worldwide automotive partner of the next installment of Paramount Pictures' and Skydance Media's legendary action film franchise, "Mission: Impossible – Fallout," opening in cinemas around the world from 27 July. BMW has been a partner of the iconic film series since 2011, and in the upcoming film, BMW once again provides a range of vehicles and global marketing in support of the release.

Watch the BMW "Mission: Impossible – Fallout" trailers below.

The new movie finds Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his IMF team (Alec Baldwin, Simon Pegg, Ving Rhames) along with some familiar allies (Rebecca Ferguson, Michelle Monaghan) in a race against time after a mission gone wrong. Henry Cavill, Angela Bassett, and Vanessa Kirby also join the dynamic cast with filmmaker Christopher McQuarrie returning to the direct.

The team of agents is reinforced by the new BMW M5 and a number of other BMW models, including the 1986 BMW 5 Series Sedan, the BMW 7 Series Sedan and the BMW R nineT Scrambler.

Styled with characteristic BMW M Performance Parts, such as a black kidney grille and carbon-fibre mirror caps, the BMW M5 makes an impressive appearance in the film. With its powerful 4.4-litre V8 biturbo engine with TwinPower Turbo technology and 441 kW/600 hp (combined fuel consumption: 10.5 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions: 241 g/km) and the newly-developed high-performance M xDrive all-wheel drive, the BMW M5 makes sure that Cruise's Ethan Hunt always has the best-possible traction and superior driving dynamics to keep him ahead of his enemies.

The BMW R nineT Scrambler can be seen in key scenes, performing daring manoeuvres at rapid speed in a wild chase through Paris. A 1986 BMW 5 Series Sedan, from BMW's historic past, also makes a major appearance in a high-octane scene which sets a new standard for the action-film genre. The trailer released by Paramount Pictures provides a taste of what is to come.

As part of the collaboration with Paramount Pictures, BMW's global "Mission to Thrill" themed marketing campaign will promote and support the theatrical release and include cobranded broadcast TV media highlighting a range of different vehicles, print ads, digital across BMW sites as well as other key channels, in dealer activations and more.

"BMW and 'Mission: Impossible' are a perfect fit. We are proud of our long-running partnership with Paramount Pictures and that our powerful cars and motorcycles have been able to enhance this iconic film series time and again. For exciting chases, you need cars with impressive driving dynamics and handling," said Uwe Dreher, head of Brand Communications BMW, BMW M, BMW i. "This provides the ideal stage for our most dynamic business athlete: the BMW M5."

"We are excited to welcome BMW back as a partner on 'Mission: Impossible Fallout,'" said Irene Trachtenberg, Senior Vice President of Worldwide Marketing Partnerships, Paramount Pictures. "Our partnership with BMW provides a global platform to reach Mission: Impossible movie fans around the world and leverage our mutual passion for technological innovation, high octane action and compelling storytelling."

The "Mission Impossible" partnership between BMW and Paramount Pictures, which dates from 2011, has already provided movie fans with several classic moments of cinematic history. The BMW brand has been meaningfully integrated into the stories of each film, showcasing forward thinking technologies and vision that have helped the IMF agents successfully complete their missions.

The BMW i Vision Dynamics concept vehicle, which previewed the revolutionary BMW i8 hybrid sports car and technologies like Head-Up Display and active Pedestrian Detection, made its debut in "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" in 2011.

In 2015, this was followed by "Mission: Impossible – Rogue Nation," in which the BMW M3 pulled off one of the most spectacular backwards-driving stunts in film history. The movie car once again provided a glimpse of future technology with the handprint unlock function, while motorcycle enthusiasts will fondly remember the high-speed chase in which Ethan Hunt rides the BMW Motorrad S 1000 RR through the mountains outside Marrakech.

"Mission: Impossible - Fallout" promises to be the most thrilling mission yet.
I'd watch the movie just to see the new M5 but if they wreck it in the movie I swear!!
Appreciate 1
cwulffy150.00
      06-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #3
JMon
FAST
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 Cup

Can't we just say 4.4 liter V8 biturbo without mentioning fuel and emissions?

"4.4-litre V8 biturbo engine with TwinPower Turbo technology and 441 kW/600 hp (combined fuel consumption: 10.5 l/100 km; combined CO2 emissions"
Appreciate 1
Igor_M52127.50
      06-07-2018, 12:18 PM   #4
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Hopefully they won't have to dub-in S65 or S85 sounds for the F90 like they did for the F80 in Rogue Nation, which was unmistakably S65.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #5
JMon
FAST
Rep

I would like that sound on my f80 in the active sound module.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 01:24 PM   #6
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Thrill Indeed!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 01:55 PM   #7
Wolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: on hold

Why does the M5 sounds like the E60 M5
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
BMW have tapped into this by mirroring typical BMW dynamics and steering communication within the new UKL cars.
You mean massive body roll, a steering system that is not connected to the front wheels, and the engine note played through the speaker system?!?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 03:41 PM   #8
SuckaGDog
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5, C63 AMG Black Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Hopefully they won't have to dub-in S65 or S85 sounds for the F90 like they did for the F80 in Rogue Nation, which was unmistakably S65.
Lol they did again at least in the trailer. 100% the S65, not the S85.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #9
JMon
FAST
Rep

Well I would have been more impressed if the car he used was Citron 2cv. And then dub in the S85 sound. More appropriate for Paris.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #10
kyleb350
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
Went back and watched that scene. Makes me miss my e92 a bit.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 09:49 PM   #11
hirkaismyname
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F06 CP GC

This movie would have been the perfect launchpad to debut the F90 Comp Pkg
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 11:59 PM   #12
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeea
      06-08-2018, 12:08 AM   #13
uniqueMR
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ...

Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 04:22 AM   #14
ssciencess
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 08 m3 .. 2015 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyleb350 View Post
Went back and watched that scene. Makes me miss my e92 a bit.
Ya e92 are still beautiful cars .. I just drove mine today for the first time in like 3 years ... it’s been so long I forgot I didn’t have my plates on and drove to airport with no plates no registration and no inspection sticker 🙈 I have insurance on it but everything else been expired for 2 years .. damn f10 was just better for everyday driving for me
Appreciate 0