BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    HERO10 & Fashion Grey *video*

12-18-2021, 12:34 PM   #1
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
HERO10 & Fashion Grey *video*

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I finally decided that the Iphone videos weren't cutting it anymore. It was now time to capture the sounds at higher speeds and I needed something secure to mount a camera on the car with.

I did what I do best, go all out.. I went to BestBuy and purchased the gopro Hero10 and virtually all attachments/mods for sale.

I used the suction cup, exterior microphone for wind noise, and the max lens mod to record my drive home one friends house to the next. The roads were near empty, so I found this to be a perfect occasion to showcase the sound profile of the F90. I was surprised when I heard how much whistling of the turbos spooling you are able to hear from the rear of the car. It is a sound I rarely hear from inside the cabin, or from the drivers seat position of the car. From the driver POV, you hear all grunt and almost no whistling. This video proved otherwise!

Mods in focus:

EXHAUST: M PERFORMANCE

DOWNPIPE: EISENMANN SECONDARY (LOWER)

INTAKE: EVENTURI V2

I would love to know how to embed the video directly in the video instead of the link.

GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 2
      12-18-2021, 04:03 PM   #2
Dual.V8
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: m5 f90

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post
I finally decided that the Iphone videos weren't cutting it anymore. It was now time to capture the sounds at higher speeds and I needed something secure to mount a camera on the car with.

I did what I do best, go all out.. I went to BestBuy and purchased the gopro Hero10 and virtually all attachments/mods for sale.

I used the suction cup, exterior microphone for wind noise, and the max lens mod to record my drive home one friends house to the next. The roads were near empty, so I found this to be a perfect occasion to showcase the sound profile of the F90. I was surprised when I heard how much whistling of the turbos spooling you are able to hear from the rear of the car. It is a sound I rarely hear from inside the cabin, or from the drivers seat position of the car. From the driver POV, you hear all grunt and almost no whistling. This video proved otherwise!

Mods in focus:

I would love to know how to embed the video directly in the video instead of the link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8aC0Np9Qo&t=108s
Sounds good ! Especially the Turbo's
      12-18-2021, 07:26 PM   #3
vanos84
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 BSM

The turbos sound sweet. I gotta get busy modding my ride to get that sweet sound. I see you have the aftermarket downpipes. I've always heard that's the best way to get not only more hp but mega turbo whistle!
Appreciate 1
FSHNGRY2301.00
      12-20-2021, 09:13 PM   #4
derekfertig
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F90 LCI M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSHNGRY View Post

Mods in focus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG8aC0Np9Qo&t=108s
are you manually downshifting? or is that doing that automatically?
      12-21-2021, 12:03 AM   #5
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekfertig View Post
are you manually downshifting? or is that doing that automatically?
All paddle.

I obviously drove with far more enthusiasm on the gas, up and down shift paddles for the sake of the video.
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 03:49 AM   #6
m5_mbb7
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M5CS, M5C, M2C

If you take the cats out of your primary downpipes all you will hear is turbo spool from the exhaust and it’s intoxicating, even with windows closed.
Appreciate 0