BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    2021 M5 Competition LCI v2.0 GT Style

02-17-2023, 10:30 PM   #1
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 Competition LCI

2021 M5 Competition LCI v2.0 GT Style

Had an opportunity to execute on a number of carbon fiber aerodynamic add-ons, completing the Eventuri carbon fiber intake system with newly released inlets and layering a GT style inspired wrap. This was all done at the same performance / customization shop as the original build - Echelon Autosports here in Scottsdale.

Summary of current upgrades and additions below. More professional photos and video forthcoming...

BUILD SUMMARY
'21 M5 Competition LCI (F90)
Alpine White exterior w/ Black Leather Interior
Eventuri V2 carbon fiber intake system
Eventuri carbon fiber inlets
RW carbon fiber side skirts
RW carbon fiber grill surround insert
RW carbon fiber side view mirror covers
Reventon Carbon GT style rear wing
Reventon Carbon GT style front bumper canards
Sterckenn carbon fiber front splitter
Echelon Autosports BMW M Tri-color wrap
Ceramic Pro Tint @ 20%
One Armor PPF Front
Attached Images

4) '12 550 M-Sport; Exterior: Alpine White
INSTAGRAM: hum5int
Appreciate 3
Patton2502939.50
M3 boi3211.00
      02-17-2023, 11:22 PM   #2
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUM5INT View Post
Had an opportunity to execute on a number of carbon fiber aerodynamic add-ons, completing the Eventuri carbon fiber intake system with newly released inlets and layering a GT style inspired wrap. This was all done at the same performance / customization shop as the original build - Echelon Autosports here in Scottsdale.
Love you guys that wake up and say, “Screw it, let me upend my already nicely customized car and change things up entirely for the sake of changing things up.”

Too bold for me personally, but I’ll certainly admire from afar.
dcohen13682.00
      02-18-2023, 02:41 AM   #3
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Hats off to you fella, you’re braver than me!
Appreciate 2
HUM5INT284.50
dcohen13682.00
      02-18-2023, 08:36 AM   #4
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Love you guys that wake up and say, “Screw it, let me upend my already nicely customized car and change things up entirely for the sake of changing things up.”
Thank you! 😀
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2023, 08:37 AM   #5
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
Hats off to you fella, you’re braver than me!
Appreciate you - thank you! 🙏🏼
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 11:18 AM   #6
Jakerx
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Although, at least it gives off pace car vibes.
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-18-2023, 12:12 PM   #7
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakerx View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Although, at least it gives off pace car vibes.
Very true!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 04:33 PM   #8
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Any plans to change wheels? I feel like motorsport inspired wheels would tie it all together.
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-18-2023, 04:38 PM   #9
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcohen13 View Post
Any plans to change wheels? I feel like motorsport inspired wheels would tie it all together.
You’re spot on!! The decision just wasn’t made for this build in time. I would be going with Vision Forged, HRE or Vossen - who are all in the running. Probably a 5 or 7 spoke design. The only question is color - black, dark gray, a gold bronze / bronze (which I see typical for a sportier / Motorsport setup) or something entirely else?
Thank you again for that thought! 👊🏼
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 04:41 PM   #10
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You’re spot on!! The decision just wasn’t made for this build in time. I would be going with Vision Forged, HRE or Vossen - who are all in the running. Probably a 5 or 7 spoke design. The only question is color - black, dark gray, a gold bronze / bronze (which I see typical for a sportier / Motorsport setup) or something entirely else?
Sending you a PM
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-18-2023, 04:47 PM   #11
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
check out Rex Racing Wheels.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 04:47 PM   #12
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:

Too bold for me personally, but I’ll certainly admire from afar.
I don’t know, bro. This car without cosmetic mods is remarkably boring looking. Extraordinarily plain. But once you start adding a few things here and there it gets some spunk going.
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2023, 04:54 PM   #13
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I don’t know, bro. This car without cosmetic mods is remarkably boring looking. Extraordinarily plain. But once you start adding a few things here and there it gets some spunk going.
I agree - for me at its base it’s a luxury high-performance vehicle and you’re spot on with your description.

So many times it’s seen or talked about as just a sedan or a 4 door car. This adds a bit more spunk and edginess to it - at least for me.

And ultimately everyone has their own aesthetic preference….mine just is more edgy and spunky lol
Thank you! 👊🏼👊🏼
Appreciate 2
      02-18-2023, 05:02 PM   #14
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
I agree - for me at its base it’s a luxury high-performance vehicle and you’re spot on with your description.

So many times it’s seen or talked about as just a sedan or a 4 door car. This adds a bit more spunk and edginess to it - at least for me.

And ultimately everyone has their own aesthetic preference….mine just is more edgy and spunky lol
Thank you! 👊🏼👊🏼
Exactly. I’m going to be putting every carbon fiber part known to man on mine. I upgraded the exhaust and I’m going to put stealth PPF on it. I want this thing to look awesome. If I wanted a plain looking fast family car sedan, I guess I would get an E63.
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-18-2023, 05:06 PM   #15
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Exactly. I’m going to be putting every carbon fiber part known to man on mine. I upgraded the exhaust and I’m going to put stealth PPF on it. I want this thing to look awesome. If I wanted a plain looking fast family car sedan, I guess I would get an E63.
Exhaust is also the next thing in the works for me. I do like the Fi Exhaust (Frequency Intelligent) but I know there’s such a wide range of options out there. 👊🏼
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      02-18-2023, 08:15 PM   #16
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
I can totally understand your sentiment, though what you call boring, I call low key. That’s personally what I love about it to be honest! This is my (intentionally) subtle DD. It’s also my mobile office and sees duty shuttling clients around occasionally. Not everyone’s (and probably most people’s) use case is like mine though, so I love to see other ends of the spectrum.

For those on here that have some really personalized, customized, highly detailed M5s spec-ed exactly to their heart’s desire — I admire them greatly. It’s part of the reason I’m on this forum; because I love the F90 platform. One of the many reasons it’s awesome is because I think you can really go either way with it. OP’s car here is a great example of the other end of the spectrum.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT — Cleaned up a couple of typos: added the inadvertently omitted word “most” and moved a misplaced parenthesis.
Patton2502939.50
      02-18-2023, 10:29 PM   #17
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 GX460, 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
I would argue that Pre LCI the E63S look far more aggressive than the M5. People who knew, knew. It had wide fenders, distinct shark nose, really aggressive read end, just by looking at the exhaust tips albeit fake and fat tires you could tell its wasn't some grandpa Mercedes.

The LCI M5 is plenty aggressive and distinguished, the M550i might be too base looking. The whole point of these cars is to be sleepers, a beast in a business suit. Previous gen Civic Type R, M4 would fit the bill much better for a stand out car.
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-18-2023, 10:33 PM   #18
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can totally understand your sentiment, though what you call boring, I call low key. That’s personally what I love about it to be honest! This is my (intentionally) subtle DD. It’s also my mobile office and sees duty shuttling clients around occasionally. Not everyone’s (and probably people’s use case) is like mine though, so I love to see other ends of the spectrum.

For those on here that have some really personalized, customized, highly detailed M5s spec-ed exactly to their heart’s desire — I admire them greatly. It’s part of the reason I’m on this forum; because I love the F90 platform. One of the many reasons it’s awesome is because I think you can really go either way with it. OPs car here is a great example of the other end of the spectrum.

Just my $0.02.
Great points. This model is so versatile that you have so many options to go either end of the spectrum!
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2023, 10:37 PM   #19
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Summary of current upgrades and additions below. More professional photos and video forthcoming...

BUILD SUMMARY
'21 M5 Competition LCI (F90)
Alpine White exterior w/ Black Leather Interior
Eventuri V2 carbon fiber intake system
Eventuri carbon fiber inlets
RW carbon fiber side skirts
RW carbon fiber grill surround insert
RW carbon fiber side view mirror covers
Reventon Carbon GT style rear wing
Reventon Carbon GT style front bumper canards
Sterckenn carbon fiber front splitter
Echelon Autosports BMW M Tri-color wrap
Ceramic Pro Tint @ 20%
One Armor PPF Front
Any recommendations for exhaust? You know of any that work with the OEM valve actuators. I like the way Armytryx sound, but it doesn't work with the car's system, you essentially have to have a separate remote at all times to open and close them vs doing it through the car.

I'm guessing you're retired, if your license plate and username is an indication of the career field you were in?
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-18-2023, 10:42 PM   #20
HUM5INT
HUM5INT
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBravo View Post
Any recommendations for exhaust? You know of any that work with the OEM valve actuators. I like the way Armytryx sound, but it doesn't work with the car's system, you essentially have to have a separate remote at all times to open and close them vs doing it through the car.

I'm guessing you're retired, if your license plate and username is an indication of the career field you were in?
So I’ve done research and what you’re saying seems to be a common issue with a lot of systems. The Fi (Frequency Intelligent) system I’m looking at most closely can utilize the OEM valve actuation system and console button but it has an option for the additional control system via app / button. Evidently they have this add-on option to FULLY open the valves since the OEM valves seemingly open 50-65%….but again this is purely my research thus far and what I’ve gathered from their site / video explanations. Ultimately still haven’t committed to a system yet - especially since it’s a couple thousand dollar plus modification.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2023, 11:10 PM   #21
TFBravo
Some Guy
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Interesting, I forget the name, there was one company that mentioned their system can be utilized organically within the car's controls, maybe it was Remus.

I'd like to do secondary downpipes as well, I fear just changing the catback only changes the sound during low to mid RPMs and then it sounds OEM from mid to high, downpipes can really bring out the growl of the V8 mid to high RPMs.

I'll be looking into it some more and if I remember I'll post on here. Other then sound which is hard to judge by itself, I want the tips to resemble that OEM look and fitment, and not look like 4 fart cans sticking out.
Appreciate 1
HUM5INT284.50
      02-19-2023, 03:34 AM   #22
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
I can totally understand your sentiment, though what you call boring, I call low key. That’s personally what I love about it to be honest! This is my (intentionally) subtle DD. It’s also my mobile office and sees duty shuttling clients around occasionally. Not everyone’s (and probably most people’s) use case is like mine though, so I love to see other ends of the spectrum.

For those on here that have some really personalized, customized, highly detailed M5s spec-ed exactly to their heart’s desire — I admire them greatly. It’s part of the reason I’m on this forum; because I love the F90 platform. One of the many reasons it’s awesome is because I think you can really go either way with it. OPs car here is a great example of the other end of the spectrum.

Just my $0.02.

EDIT — Cleaned up a couple of typos: added the inadvertently omitted word “most” and moved a misplaced parenthesis.
I actually love the subtlety of the F90, it looks spot on in my mind. I followed an RS6 the other day, and it looked like a bloated cartoon character, SCREAMING “look at me”, literally. A perfect car if you’re a narcissist I guess.
Appreciate 3