BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Delays at German Port

12-10-2019, 06:50 PM   #1
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 Competition

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 Build & Delays at German Port

Hey Guys,

This is my 3rd BMW but my first time building my car and waiting for it to be produced, shipped and delivered... I knew it was going to be hard to wait, but damn!!!

Here is my build:

2020 BMW M5
Black Sapphire Metallic
Full Black Merino Leather
Executive Package
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Bowers & Wilkins Sound System
Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills
Carbon Fiber Side Grills
Carbon Fiber Pro Rear Spoiler

Planned Mod List:

IND Painted Front Reflector Delete
IND Painted Rear Reflector Delete
GlossBlack Exhaust Tip change
Gloss Black M5 Trunk Logo Swap
Mode Carbon Carbon Fiber Trophy Rear Diffuser
Window Tint (thinking 30%)
Possible Car Wrap - Frozen Black Metallic

Anyway - I ordered the car at the beginning of November. The build was put in immediately and by Nov 12th I had a completion date in sight! Everything was going smoothly and my car was completed Nov 25th. It was picked up from the factory and arrived at port on November 29th. That's when everything pretty much stopped. My car has been sitting at the port for 12 days now with no progress. The car has not been assigned a carrier to head to the US yet. No one at the dealer or BMW of USA can give me any new information.

I was originally told and have read many places on the forum that the carrier assignment process at the port can take from 3-5 days. I've also been told by a few members on here that their car arrived at the port around the same time as mine and theirs are already shipped to the US.

Has anyone gone through this experience? I just want this to finally update! Haha
Attached Images

12-11-2019, 08:00 PM   #2
EasyGoing
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi

I ordered mine in October. Timeline was 4 days from deposit to production, 15 days to finish production, 2 days to get to Bremerhaven, 9 days to get on a ship, 16 days to get to the US (east coast), 3 more days to get to the dealership.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
JM5W78.50
      12-11-2019, 08:06 PM   #3
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
I ordered mine in October. Timeline was 4 days from deposit to production, 15 days to finish production, 2 days to get to Bremerhaven, 9 days to get on a ship, 16 days to get to the US (east coast), 3 more days to get to the dealership.

Good luck!
Thanks for the timeline!

It's about to be 2 weeks since my car arrived at the port. I'm hoping it gets placed on a ship soon.

Just got all of my IND parts today! Can't wait to get the mods started
      12-18-2019, 07:51 PM   #4
StealthM5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21'M5, 24'IX50, 16'Jeep Rubi

I ordered a 2020 in Mid November and just heard that it's on a ship now after about two weeks at the port.
21’ F90 M5C Frozen Dark Grey/Tartufo (all options except NV) Prior: 19' F90 M5C DG/Aragon (all options except NV); 14’ F1O M5 SG/SS; 11’ E92 M3 SB/BL; 06’ E60 M5 SS/BL; 00’ E39 M5 CB/CAR; 95’ E36 M3 AB/DG
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan R. View Post
I ordered a 2020 in Mid November and just heard that it's on a ship now after about two weeks at the port.
Believe it or not, my car is still at the port. It just hit 3 weeks sitting there

Does anyone know anyone at BMW that can help me with this? I've called the dealer (useless) and BMW North America. Not one person can tell me why it's just sitting there

When did you car arrive at the port? Mine arrived on Nov 29th
      12-19-2019, 11:17 AM   #6
DNGRTOM
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90, G05 M50i, 991.1 TTS

Mine was waiting for a ship for 9 days I think. Genius wasn't able to give me more info when I asked why the wait (when my buddy's waited for 1 day) though my CA did mention that if there were damage, it would be marked with a red "D" in his system. Mine is going to CA so I think it was just truly waiting for a ship. 3 weeks sounds pretty extraordinary, I hope you have movement soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2019, 11:28 AM   #7
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNGRTOM View Post
Mine was waiting for a ship for 9 days I think. Genius wasn't able to give me more info when I asked why the wait (when my buddy's waited for 1 day) though my CA did mention that if there were damage, it would be marked with a red "D" in his system. Mine is going to CA so I think it was just truly waiting for a ship. 3 weeks sounds pretty extraordinary, I hope you have movement soon.
They have checked my account. There is no flags or other designations that there is a reason for the delay or that they is something wrong with my car.

Ive heard people have waited 1 day and I have heard people waiting 10 days. The average seams to be around 5 days before having a carrier assigned and making it on a ship.

This 3 weeks at the port with no movement or even an assignment doesn't make any sense to me.
      12-20-2019, 01:35 PM   #8
RollsRoyceFan
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i, MB S560, RR V8,

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM5W View Post
They have checked my account. There is no flags or other designations that there is a reason for the delay or that they is something wrong with my car.

Ive heard people have waited 1 day and I have heard people waiting 10 days. The average seams to be around 5 days before having a carrier assigned and making it on a ship.

This 3 weeks at the port with no movement or even an assignment doesn't make any sense to me.

Might be the transmission recall?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2019, 02:04 PM   #9
JM5W
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollsRoyceFan View Post
Quote:

I literally just found out today that the car is scheduled and will be arriving in Port on January 2nd!

Finally!!

Going to be counting down the days. Happy Holidays everyone!
      12-20-2019, 04:47 PM   #10
StealthM5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21'M5, 24'IX50, 16'Jeep Rubi

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I literally just found out today that the car is scheduled and will be arriving in Port on January 2nd!

Finally!!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Finally!!

I'm waiting to hear back from my dealer hopefully we are on the same boat. I'm driving a 19 competition now so anxious, but probably not as anxious as some others.
21’ F90 M5C Frozen Dark Grey/Tartufo (all options except NV) Prior: 19' F90 M5C DG/Aragon (all options except NV); 14’ F1O M5 SG/SS; 11’ E92 M3 SB/BL; 06’ E60 M5 SS/BL; 00’ E39 M5 CB/CAR; 95’ E36 M3 AB/DG
Appreciate 1
JM5W78.50
      12-21-2019, 08:52 AM   #11
RollsRoyceFan
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i, MB S560, RR V8,

Quote:

Finally!!

Great news, enjoy!
Appreciate 1
JM5W78.50
      12-21-2019, 09:53 AM   #12
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:

Finally!!

Congrats
Appreciate 1
JM5W78.50