Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning

05-10-2014, 10:12 PM   #45
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKM3 View Post
Lol I used to be exactly like some of you on this forum. I'm not gonna call you badge whores or anything like that because I used to be the same.

It's more like being in a box and not willing to leave and explore. Is it a comfort thing? Insecurity thing? Who knows? All I know is the day I crawled out of my box and started driving other cars besides bimmers was the day I truly started being a real car enthusiast.
Just because you've crawled out of the box, doesn't mean you have to drink the Kool Aid of "the other brand". Audi's have their positive traits, but they are heavily flawed as well. Including that thirsty 3.0T engine.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #46
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Quote:
The s4 is not boring, It's a load of fun and the eps in the 2013 model feels great. Very accurate and quick. I had a 2007 335 and that car war boring mainly because of the engine, no character, no thrill, no excitement. I have more fun sometimes in the s4 than I do in my r8. The rear torque diff along with the Quattro awd and super responsive and satisfying supercharged six pulls you out of corners with amazing speed, sticks to the road like glue with no body roll.
Out of the ones i named the s4 was some what the best. I was referring to the audi brand as a whole its boring. As far as your 335 idk. My cousin has an s5 and my 335is feel worlds better and much funner.

Btw when I drove the s4 I noticed body roll like all audi's. Im not trying to hate on Audi I'm just speaking from my personal experience. They are very good looking cars just boring IMO.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 10:59 PM   #47
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 m3 + r8 v10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict3 View Post
Out of the ones i named the s4 was some what the best. I was referring to the audi brand as a whole its boring. As far as your 335 idk. My cousin has an s5 and my 335is feel worlds better and much funner.

Btw when I drove the s4 I noticed body roll like all audi's. Im not trying to hate on Audi I'm just speaking from my personal experience. They are very good looking cars just boring IMO.
I respect your opinion, I love bmws just not any that are turbocharged. Unfortunately they all now have a 4,6, or 8 cylinder turbocharged motor and I'm just not a fan of turbocharged motors in general. I'm a pretty open minded kind of a guy. Before I bought my r8 I was considering buying a 911 turbo s. The auto gallery in woodland hills even gave me one for an entire day to try out. I loved everything about the car, the torque was amazing but the sound and turbo lag and feel when you hit the throttle could not compare to the feel of the Na aspirated v10. The instant throttle response, the sound, the high rpm redline had me hooked. One of the amazing parts of the v10 in my r8 is that it has very good torque at low rpm. Better than any Na high redline car I had ever driven.

In any case, I still love the way bmws look inside and out. I prefer the interior, exterior, and ergonomics of a bmw over any Audi. I'm also very happy that they got the weight down in the new m3. I have really been rooting for the new m3, hoping that I'm going to drive one and feel like they got the turbo done right this time. Can't wait to try one, looking very forward to it.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2014, 11:16 PM   #48
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M4C xdrive

A lot of BMW fanboys on this forum talk crap about cars they've never owned.

Let me tell you that I find my current RS5 much better than my former E92 M3. It is faster than the E92 in every day to day driving, thanks to awd, while the M3 struggled big time for traction. I don't want to think what traction problems the new M3 will have with even more torque.

And on the most of the race tracks the RS5 is faster than the E92 M3. Check the comparison links.
The first one is the 2010 RS5 that was released only Europe
http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...audi_rs_5.html

And this one is the LCI RS5, available in US as well

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...-audi_rs5.html

And boy, it's not boring at all. I had serious reasons to drop the M3 in favor of the RS5.

I'm eagerly looking for the next RS5, but if they go the same turbo route, then sorry for them. I will look elsewhere for my daily take of rush and adrenaline. Don't need the efficiency crap in my fun toys.
And yeah, I can still downshift a gear or two when needed.
11 Audi RS5 Misano Red--sold
08 E92 M3 Jerez Black 6MT--sold
08 E92 335i 6MT traded in for M3
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #49
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Lol I used to be exactly like some of you on this forum. I'm not gonna call you badge whores or anything like that because I used to be the same.

It's more like being in a box and not willing to leave and explore. Is it a comfort thing? Insecurity thing? Who knows? All I know is the day I crawled out of my box and started driving other cars besides bimmers was the day I truly started being a real car enthusiast.
I hope you saw the sarcastic smiley next to it?
I drove a lot of cars (not all owned, but many as rentals). Germany offers way more BMW, Mercedes and Audi rental cars than the US I believe. I figured that every brand has its benefits and every brand has its issues.
It's not about loving a car and thus hating all the others... it is just a thing of personal preference - there are tons of factors why someone decides for one car and not another.
And why I would not consider an Audi (despite of its quality and joy) is a total different story... but that would be too much off topic here.
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #50
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
I hope you saw the sarcastic smiley next to it?
I drove a lot of cars (not all owned, but many as rentals). Germany offers way more BMW, Mercedes and Audi rental cars than the US I believe. I figured that every brand has its benefits and every brand has its issues.
It's not about loving a car and thus hating all the others... it is just a thing of personal preference - there are tons of factors why someone decides for one car and not another.
And why I would not consider an Audi (despite of its quality and joy) is a total different story... but that would be too much off topic here.
Why are you making trouble here, and not keeping me company?

And seriously, anyone who wants to debate the joys of audis, just talk to me. I have been known to have an opinion about them.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:11 AM   #51
ake
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW i4 e40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Why are you making trouble here, and not keeping me company?

And seriously, anyone who wants to debate the joys of audis, just talk to me. I have been known to have an opinion about them.
I'm trying to be nice... I'm trying really hard
[ Yas Marina Blue | Black Full Merino Leather | 19" Black-Light Alloy Wheels | M Double-Clutch Transmission | Carbon Fiber interior | Driver Assistance Plus / Lighting / Executive | Adaptive M Suspension | Harman Kardon Surround ]
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:18 AM   #52
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake View Post
I'm trying to be nice... I'm trying really hard
That's it. Hating you now. The Russelll will be there in the morning.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:56 AM   #53
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava09 View Post
A lot of BMW fanboys on this forum talk crap about cars they've never owned.

Let me tell you that I find my current RS5 much better than my former E92 M3. It is faster than the E92 in every day to day driving, thanks to awd, while the M3 struggled big time for traction. I don't want to think what traction problems the new M3 will have with even more torque.

And on the most of the race tracks the RS5 is faster than the E92 M3. Check the comparison links.
The first one is the 2010 RS5 that was released only Europe
http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...audi_rs_5.html

And this one is the LCI RS5, available in US as well

http://fastestlaps.com/comparisons/b...-audi_rs5.html

And boy, it's not boring at all. I had serious reasons to drop the M3 in favor of the RS5.

I'm eagerly looking for the next RS5, but if they go the same turbo route, then sorry for them. I will look elsewhere for my daily take of rush and adrenaline. Don't need the efficiency crap in my fun toys.
And yeah, I can still downshift a gear or two when needed.
Not to mention your rs5 is far more rare than an m3. I see m3s everyday, I rarely ever see the rs5 on the road. I think it also has a more grown up look more suitable for a guy in his 30's like me. How does the engine compare to the e9x in your opinion? Is it as exciting? Would love to hear your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 04:46 AM   #54
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Not to mention your rs5 is far more rare than an m3. I see m3s everyday, I rarely ever see the rs5 on the road. I think it also has a more grown up look more suitable for a guy in his 30's like me. How does the engine compare to the e9x in your opinion? Is it as exciting? Would love to hear your thoughts.

The engine is just as exciting as the E92 V8, the same rush of power towards 8,400 rpm, the soundtrack just as good, a bit more throaty whereas the M3 V8 is more screaming. All in all both engines are brilliant. A dying breed I'm afraid

Indeed, a bit more exclusivity on the RS5 side, and the quattro helps a lot putting the power down. This was the main reason for the switch. I believe that above 400 bhp I really need awd to make use of the full power during take offs and cornering.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #55
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
The engine is just as exciting as the E92 V8, the same rush of power towards 8,400 rpm, the soundtrack just as good, a bit more throaty whereas the M3 V8 is more screaming. All in all both engines are brilliant. A dying breed I'm afraid

Indeed, a bit more exclusivity on the RS5 side, and the quattro helps a lot putting the power down. This was the main reason for the switch. I believe that above 400 bhp I really need awd to make use of the full power during take offs and cornering.
or learn how to properly drive a rwd car

rs5's are nice though. i just prefer the loose back end of rwd over awd. i also think that the audis are real nice. was looking into an s4 a few years ago but at the time i had a modded evo ix. my thought process was, i want a different car this time around not something similar to the evo again.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #56
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post

rs5's are nice though. i just prefer the loose back end of rwd over awd..
+10
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #57
Koldun
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Ah, the old fallback argument. You are truly doing a bang up job proving your point.
Well, considering the use of "your" and the gibberish he's spewing (M is not the top of the heap because the R8 V10 and GT3 are better? ), I'd bet that it's just some 15-year-old punk kid who can't wait to get his permit so he can drive his mom's Kia.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #58
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Well, considering the use of "your" and the gibberish he's spewing (M is not the top of the heap because the R8 V10 and GT3 are better? ), I'd bet that it's just some 15-year-old punk kid who can't wait to get his permit so he can drive his mom's Kia.
Not that i have anything to prove on an internet forum but...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #59
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koldun View Post
Oh forgot this one....
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #60
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My points were taken out of context by some. Its unfortunate we cant have a productive discussion without name calling and accusations.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #61
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Would love to see some pics of your ride.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:31 PM   #62
tooch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82

Don't forget to mention that audis age so poorly imo. s4 probably is a fairly capable machine. Just can't help thinking every time i see one that it just looks like a glorified jetta or passat. Did i mention they don't age well. Bmw always has a classic design.

96 E31 JB
07 E92 AW
F82 BSM
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #63
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSaloonM3 View Post

You're Vettel, right?

On slippery city asphalt the E92 M3 just got no traction...Vettel would struggle against my RS5
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 02:58 PM   #64
brava09
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Would love to see some pics of your ride.

Here is one
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #65
KKM3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Here is one
Very nice

I do agree with your sentiments regarding traction. 400hp front engine rear wheel drive= Traction issues. I love the traction I get in my s4 and with the r8 I get the perfect amount of wheel spin, not too much not too little but just right.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #66
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
My points were taken out of context by some. Its unfortunate we cant have a productive discussion without name calling and accusations.
Well I see your point about productive discussion, but what do you expect to be replied to when you say " BMW fucking cheap..." in a Forum who BMW lovers are reading your post? it's like I say R8 is fucking cheap compare to my Ferrari 458 (BTW I do not have 458 just example)
Then out of nowhere you mentioned your R8 and GT3 experiences kind of comparing however later on you said you are not comparing!
you are saying "without name calling" while you were the one started name calling....
Anyways, If you are happy with your Audi(s) have fun
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0