BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Post your road war stories...

06-24-2021, 06:57 PM   #1
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Post your road war stories...

My M5 proved to be pretty tough last Saturday night. Was coming home from the airport at midnight and hit dual potholes from heavy rain in a recent road construction area. The right tire blew out and the left was a goner as well with a massive side bubble. But the wheels and suspension were quite hardy. Just got the car back from the dealer today. BTW, the BMW Assist and the tow truck were very professional and appreciated.

Got me thinking about what the rest of you have dealt with in this car. Seems fairly tough.

Post your stories gentlemen and ladies.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 07:28 PM   #2
Jamesmick
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 Azurite Black

Not in my F90 but in a prior 5, I had just gotten onto the freeway late one night and had accelerated to speed of traffic when my car literally jumped over something. Turns out someone had dropped a christmas tree on the freeway and I had run over it, catching some air in the process. Took it in and while one of the rims was bent a bit (not enough to pop the tire or lose air) there was no other damage. My surprise wore off about the same time as the pine smell...
2003 530i (retired)
2000 C32 AMG (retired)
Appreciate 1
gblansten1982.50
      06-24-2021, 10:16 PM   #3
bcparker2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 (F90)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
My M5 proved to be pretty tough last Saturday night. Was coming home from the airport at midnight and hit dual potholes from heavy rain in a recent road construction area. The right tire blew out and the left was a goner as well with a massive side bubble. But the wheels and suspension were quite hardy. Just got the car back from the dealer today. BTW, the BMW Assist and the tow truck were very professional and appreciated.

Got me thinking about what the rest of you have dealt with in this car. Seems fairly tough.

Post your stories gentlemen and ladies.
I was in the country and ran over something metal and the tire grabbed it and caught the fender. BMW help would only take it to a dealer which was 3 hours one way. On top of that they didn't have the tire I needed in stock and wouldn't have it for 3 days on top of that they wouldn't cover. Ended up getting it towed to the nearest town to buy a plug kit and fixed it myself. The damage I got fixed for around $1500 it was a long day.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
gblansten1982.50
Jamesmick131.00