BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    E63S vs M5C (Worth it?)

11-20-2020, 09:42 AM   #23
Lawguy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBisBlau View Post
There are many opinions on this, here on the board. I will preface my own opinions with the fact that I do not consider myself a true “audiophile”—in the sense that I don’t have this awesome setup of home speakers, a dedicated listening room and all that jazz. I will however say that I do enjoy nice clear audio, with a good meaty low-end, and on that the B&W delivers. You have to be willing to work the equalizer until you get it, but when you do I think you will be rewarded. I personally wouldn’t hesitate one second to make the spend again. At first, I thought I would forego the system, not hearing much difference in person between the B&W and the HK in a couple of cars at my local BMW center. Having worked the EQs in both my B&W system and the one in my wife’s HK system in her X7, I can definitely now tell a difference. Both systems have fairly decent low-end, but the B&W has so much more clarity achievable through EQ.

Now, I will say that you can have the sound set up amazingly while you are sitting with the car off, but when you take off driving, it takes some of that away—which you might expect, right? Also, you have to crank it to about 40-50% volume before it really opens up, and you can hear and appreciate what it brings. Also, there are lights in it that look like galaxies at night.

I too enjoy superior audio, and while I’m not an audiophile, I think B&W is clearly better. Whether it’s worth the bucks to any individual, which is significant, is another question only the buyer can answer.

I was amazed that the louder you turn it up, the better it sounds.

And, the lights are very cool too.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #24
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

I’ve owned both and going back to the M5 in 2021.

Main reason is ride quality. It’s ridiculously harsh on summer tyres in the UK.

I will miss the exhaust though, it’s amazing and the car feels faster because of it. I also love the AMG styling but I miss the M5, it’s ability to be both a cruiser/city car and a rip snorting speed bomb.

I know the new E63 has MBUX but for me, idrive is the gold standard.

I’m so glad I’ve had the time with the E63S, I’m very emotionally attached to it and will miss it but it’s time for the full package.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 03:52 PM   #25
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugsy01 View Post
I've owned both and going back to the M5 in 2021.

Main reason is ride quality. It's ridiculously harsh on summer tyres in the UK.

I will miss the exhaust though, it's amazing and the car feels faster because of it. I also love the AMG styling but I miss the M5, it's ability to be both a cruiser/city car and a rip snorting speed bomb.

I'm so glad I've had the time with the E63S, I'm very emotionally attached to it and will miss it but it's time for the full package.
2021 E63S has reworked suspension as well to have much better ride quality due to customer complaints. Hopefully will bring it closer to the M5 in terms of ride quality.
      11-26-2020, 04:40 PM   #26
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by stein_325i View Post
Quote:
I've owned both and going back to the M5 in 2021.

Main reason is ride quality. It's ridiculously harsh on summer tyres in the UK.

I will miss the exhaust though, it's amazing and the car feels faster because of it. I also love the AMG styling but I miss the M5, it's ability to be both a cruiser/city car and a rip snorting speed bomb.

I'm so glad I've had the time with the E63S, I'm very emotionally attached to it and will miss it but it's time for the full package.
2021 E63S has reworked suspension as well to have much better ride quality due to customer complaints. Hopefully will bring it closer to the M5 in terms of ride quality.
No! Don't say that, now I must have a look!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 06:33 PM   #27
Bahzad
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F90(coming)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawguy View Post
I too enjoy superior audio, and while I’m not an audiophile, I think B&W is clearly better. Whether it’s worth the bucks to any individual, which is significant, is another question only the buyer can answer.

I was amazed that the louder you turn it up, the better it sounds.

And, the lights are very cool too.
does the bass get lower as you turn up the volume because a lot of sound systems have this problem the more you turn the volume up the lower the bass gets and the music comes out so unbalanced.

And would you mind adding a clip of bassy music in the M5 I would really appreciate it.

Last edited by Bahzad; 01-08-2021 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
FloridaM5461.00
      01-08-2021, 09:38 PM   #28
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:

I will miss the exhaust though, it’s amazing and the car feels faster because of it. I also love the AMG styling but I miss the M5, it’s ability to be both a cruiser/city car and a rip snorting speed bomb.

I’m so glad I’ve had the time with the E63S, I’m very emotionally attached to it and will miss it but it’s time for the full package.
Can someone explain the difference between the "harsh" ride and the feeling of being connected to the road or lack there of some complain the M5 lacks? Is this harsh feel not the same as feedback some desire?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 12:48 AM   #29
boost4breakfast
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3 24 M4C 21 M5C (gone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pifpafmyheart View Post
When you receive the car, please write down in this thread, tell me what you think about the sound, because I am also an audiophile, the sound is also important to me, that's why I asked this above.
The Bowers and Wilkins has 4 audio profiles built in for Surround. Concert Mode with the speakers on half volume can barely hear the car on Sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:56 AM   #30
dogears
My master volume goes to 11
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5 Competition

I just ordered a 21 M5C. The ride is certainly better, and the car feels a little snappier. I opted to roll in the M Performance Exhaust in my lease since that will sound nicer and save a few pounds. Even loaded up, my lease payment is several hundred less than an AMG with a 10k lower MSRP! I wonder how I will like the M exhaust?

Only negative of the M5 is that Inhad the Burmester 3D in my AMG. I The bass is FAR superior to the B&W BMW upgrade system. The B&W is much better than the base Burmester though.

Quote: