BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Clear Wrap - how far did you go?

11-22-2020, 07:17 PM   #23
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcai View Post
You have a 2021 M5 right? So it's practically brand new. That sounds like a very overpriced shop/quote since you would assume the paint correction required is minimal on a new vehicle. A full vehicle wrap is pricey but not $10,000 pricey.
Right. Yeah, it’s kind of out of sight. To be a little more accurate, the quote was actually for a full paint correction, full-car PPF wrap, and ceramic coating. But yeah, $10k is just a bridge too far. I think it was a “rich guy quote” (which I am NOT, but you know, in their minds some guy with a brand new M5C in our area MUST be, right?), which makes me all the more determined to not do business with them.

So I went back to a guy I have been to several times. He and his family have been in the business for over 30 years. He tinted my windows, and did a full hood, front bumper, front fenders, and then some mud “flaps”, around onto the body behind the wheels. I feel much better about driving it around now. I haven’t wanted to much, since I bought it, because it was a month before I could get in to him. I feel as though it is much better protected, now. His product is SunTek. I had it on my ‘15 GTR, and really liked it. You won’t know it’s there, unless you know.

Last edited by ///WeissBisBlau; 11-22-2020 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 09:34 PM   #24
pcai
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
F90 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WeissBisBlau View Post
Right. Yeah, it’s kind of out of sight. To be a little more accurate, the quote was actually for a full paint correction, full-car PPF wrap, and ceramic coating. But yeah, $10k is just a bridge too far. I think it was a “rich guy quote” (which I am NOT, but you know, in their minds some guy with a brand new M5C in our area MUST be, right?), which makes me all the more determined to not do business with them.

So I went back to a guy I have been to several times. He and his family have been in the business for over 30 years. He tinted my windows, and did a full hood, front bumper, front fenders, and then some mud “flaps”, around onto the body behind the wheels. I feel much better about driving it around now. I haven’t wanted to much, since I bought it, because it was a month before I could get in to him. I feel as though it is much better protected, now. His product is SunTek. I had it on my ‘15 GTR, and really liked it. You won’t know it’s there, unless you know.
Yea man, the areas that take the most road rash is the front bumper and the lower area of the front 2 doors. How much did the frontal PPF cost you?
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 09:40 PM   #25
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

That work was $2k, with also a full window tint, and a tint for the front two windows of my wife’s X7. I have checked around our area, and felt good about it. I know the guy’s a good guy, and he does good and thorough work.
Appreciate 0