BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    So if you had $50K to invest, where would you put it?

06-09-2020, 02:02 PM   #1343
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Starting to wonder if I missed opportunities yesterday. All these positions were green with several +25-30%. Any updates on:

ACHV
BIOC +10%
CHFS
CIDM
COCP +18%
POAI +16%
SFET
SNCA
POAI and SFET I alerted on earlier...although I have taken gains and got out.

Market is taking a beating...but I did enter TNXP. It's at .74 and I got in at .69.

They are in the middle of a an Investors Conference and have some really good stuff. This one could easily go to a buck or more soon.
TNXP been dropping slowly all day? Any bad news?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 02:16 PM   #1344
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
I put in for some more GNUS at 3.50, hopefully it can fill before their launch on the 15th. Also hoping xspa will drop some more, maybe 1.70s and I’ll add another 30%.
I dont think xspa will hit 1.70. You might be lucky and it will drop into 1.90.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 02:25 PM   #1345
E92inNC
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Do you think XSpa will get above 3?
High chance it will given that it temporarily ran past 3 on news about JFK. Rmtt has been posting about their job listings and them being in talks with their other 46 airports, some being major ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
I dont think xspa will hit 1.70. You might be lucky and it will drop into 1.90.
Probably not today but it’s been dropping these two days so I can only hope it goes down some more before their next press release. If not I won’t add, no biggie.
Appreciate 3
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #1346
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by premier3is View Post
Any long term Apple investors here? Man I love this stock, hitting all time highs today. Don't think I will ever sell them!
Hitting all time highs is fun/exciting for taking profits, but now that it's severely overbought, there's no room left for it to breath. The same could easily be said about Amazon, Facebook, Paypal, etc...buy the dip, catch the wave, rinse & repeat.
Appreciate 4
      06-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #1347
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
TNXP been dropping slowly all day? Any bad news?
Consolidation. News is tomorrow and people jockeying for position. Volume is picking up and .75 is the biggest resistance point right now.

Watch for the AH and PM squeeze. This stock has a low float....so there isn't a lot available. And if good news comes out....less shares mean people pay more for them.

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-09-2020 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 03:59 PM   #1348
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxyblue View Post
High chance it will given that it temporarily ran past 3 on news about JFK. Rmtt has been posting about their job listings and them being in talks with their other 46 airports, some being major ones.

Probably not today but it’s been dropping these two days so I can only hope it goes down some more before their next press release. If not I won’t add, no biggie.
I was watching level 2 action earlier...and someone accidentally entered the wrong price and bought 100K shares at 2.75.

Its spiked above $3 before for a second a week or two back. But for it to trade sideways during a down day shows its strength.

Once they start releasing contracts....it will pop off. And I think they will release anything they have one at a time.

Today you had people with higher averages selling to get into other stuff that was running with the hope that they can get back in near the same position they left at.

Right now, it's still one of the biggest watched stocks in this category. Currently it's at 2.10. That's huge for how long it's been since a PR!

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-09-2020 at 04:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2020, 04:02 PM   #1349
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Staying in the investment vein, I frequently see people making mention that “you should max our your 401k.” What does this mean to you? Maxing out what your company will match? Maxing out the absolute limit?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 04:04 PM   #1350
IllSic_Design
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Depends on the person, some are saying to max out on company match, others are saying to put the max amount you are allowed per year into your 401k

Either way, you should probably max out your 401k contributions if you can per year

Last edited by IllSic_Design; 06-09-2020 at 04:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2020, 04:08 PM   #1351
corn18
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Staying in the investment vein, I frequently see people making mention that “you should max our your 401k.” What does this mean to you? Maxing out what your company will match? Maxing out the absolute limit?
I would offer that it means putting in the max allowed per the IRS rules. I think that is $19,500 a year + $6,500 if you are over 50.

From the bogleheads.org wiki (and what I generally follow):

Here is a general account funding priority that often works well for many people (not all points will apply to everyone):

Establish an Emergency fund to your satisfaction.
Contribute to the work-based plan (401(k), 403b,) enough to get the full employer match (the match is like free money, your best possible investment),
Pay off high interest debt (a guaranteed high return, the next best thing to free money),
Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) if available (unlike many other tax deductions, there are no income restrictions to contribute to an HSA),[1][note 1]
Contribute the maximum to an IRA, traditional or Roth (or backdoor Roth technique[note 2]), depending on eligibility and personal circumstances,
Contribute the remainder of the maximum employee contribution to the work-based plan, including an After-tax 401(k) if available,
Contribute to a taxable investing account,
Contribute to non-deductible IRAs (may be better than taxable in certain circumstances) or annuities.
If the company plan offers good, low-cost funds, it may be preferable to contribute to the company plan before contributing to an IRA.

An investor's tax bracket may influence the decision as well: those in higher tax brackets should consider higher contributions to a tax-deferred plan (e.g. traditional 401(k) or IRA) rather than a post-tax plan (e.g. Roth 401(k) or IRA); see Traditional versus Roth for more guidance.

Health savings accounts: Use of an HSA requires participation in an IRS qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) at work. Look at your particular health care needs to decide if you may be better off with a traditional health care plan or an HDHP plus HSA. If the latter, then using the HSA as an investment account can be advantageous.
thegump73.50
      06-09-2020, 04:17 PM   #1352
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
I would offer that it means putting in the max allowed per the IRS rules. I think that is $19,500 a year + $6,500 if you are over 50.

From the bogleheads.org wiki (and what I generally follow):

Here is a general account funding priority that often works well for many people (not all points will apply to everyone):

Establish an Emergency fund to your satisfaction.
Contribute to the work-based plan (401(k), 403b,) enough to get the full employer match (the match is like free money, your best possible investment),
Pay off high interest debt (a guaranteed high return, the next best thing to free money),
Contribute to a Health Savings Account (HSA) if available (unlike many other tax deductions, there are no income restrictions to contribute to an HSA),[1][note 1]
Contribute the maximum to an IRA, traditional or Roth (or backdoor Roth technique[note 2]), depending on eligibility and personal circumstances,
Contribute the remainder of the maximum employee contribution to the work-based plan, including an After-tax 401(k) if available,
Contribute to a taxable investing account,
Contribute to non-deductible IRAs (may be better than taxable in certain circumstances) or annuities.
If the company plan offers good, low-cost funds, it may be preferable to contribute to the company plan before contributing to an IRA.

An investor's tax bracket may influence the decision as well: those in higher tax brackets should consider higher contributions to a tax-deferred plan (e.g. traditional 401(k) or IRA) rather than a post-tax plan (e.g. Roth 401(k) or IRA); see Traditional versus Roth for more guidance.

Health savings accounts: Use of an HSA requires participation in an IRS qualified high deductible health plan (HDHP) at work. Look at your particular health care needs to decide if you may be better off with a traditional health care plan or an HDHP plus HSA. If the latter, then using the HSA as an investment account can be advantageous.
This should be a "sticky" in any investment thread. This was what I was referring to earlier. All of this before you think of playing the market.

My only issue with this is that I used to be so ocd about cash.....My emergency fund was more than it should have been as Run Silent pointed out!
thegump73.50
      06-09-2020, 04:20 PM   #1353
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Consolidation. News is tomorrow and people jockeying for position. Volume is picking up and .75 is the biggest resistance point right now.

Watch for the AH and PM squeeze. This stock has a low float....so there isn't a lot available. And if good news comes out....less shares mean people pay more for them.
Now we're starting to see some accumulation! Starting to go back up a little.
      06-09-2020, 04:28 PM   #1354
T5viggen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

That NAK stock has been holding strong and averaging gains a decent clip. Watching for a jump up near the end of the month. Holding long on this one. I'm up 83.4%! I don't think it's too late for others to jump in. If you do, make sure you do your due diligence and your research.

Long of the short is that NAK is a holding company for arguably the largest un-mined copper deposits in the world (Located in Alaska). It also has some of the largest untapped gold deposits as well as some other precious metals. This company has been pursuing the legal permits to allow for breaking ground and to start mining.

The time period for the EPA to make it's appeals has passed, and has all but verbally approved it. (It never will verbally approve anything like this anyway)

Next up is the FEIS (Final Environmental Impact Survey) which is being done by the Army Cops of Engineers. All the leaked chatter on it is saying they will approve it as well. This is due out Mid 2020, which is speculated to be the end of the month.

After that will be the ROD (Record of Decision). The finial yes or no on granting a permit. That should come very quickly on the release of the FEIS.

The real question will be if NAK is bought out entirely and for how much, or if they will partner and what will the terms be. The chatter that people are talking is anywhere from $8/9 share on up to $20.

If it only get to $2, I will be disappointed but also mad at myself for being disappointed as that would still yield me a 166% gain.
E92inNC1709.50
      06-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #1355
T5viggen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Now we're starting to see some accumulation! Starting to go back up a little.
What do think about adding the stock into all our comments, even quotes, so new guys/gals don't have to trace back a ton and try to figure out what stocks are being referenced? I think it would make the stock suggestions much easier to follow and what not.
      06-09-2020, 04:35 PM   #1356
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Good insight corn18 . I match the criteria (of what applies; no IRA) for everything except for the IRS max for my 401k. As I mentioned earlier in this thread (not looking to turn the discussion away from what is going on and focus on my situation, just using it to further the discussion), I’ve recently started directing funds towards an ESPP. In my situation, it would appear that I would have more immediate (and larger) gains to go this route instead of maxing out total possible 401k. I haven’t done the long term math to see what compounding I would be missing out on in the 401k, but the same “logic” applies. Would it be better suited (more $$) to put x (x = $19,500 - current contribution) into another vehicle? Or is it really best to max it out and THEN find a new vehicle? Current DTI is well below 20% with as many criteria met as I can think. Time to start moving income into new places.

...well probably conservative places. As much as I would love to see a 400% gain on a penny stock, I’m not sure that I would have the years to spend it as I’d lose too many with the new-found stress. Small cojones?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 04:41 PM   #1357
corn18
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3 M40i

Garage List
2014 Jeep Wrangler 2D  [0.00]
2015 Chevy 2500HD  [0.00]
2015 Z4  [0.00]
2020 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Good insight corn18 . I match the criteria (of what applies; no IRA) for everything except for the IRS max for my 401k. As I mentioned earlier in this thread (not looking to turn the discussion away from what is going on and focus on my situation, just using it to further the discussion), I’ve recently started directing funds towards an ESPP. In my situation, it would appear that I would have more immediate (and larger) gains to go this route instead of maxing out total possible 401k. I haven’t done the long term math to see what compounding I would be missing out on in the 401k, but the same “logic” applies. Would it be better suited (more $$) to put x (x = $19,500 - current contribution) into another vehicle? Or is it really best to max it out and THEN find a new vehicle? Current DTI is well below 20% with as many criteria met as I can think. Time to start moving income into new places.

...well probably conservative places. As much as I would love to see a 400% gain on a penny stock, I’m not sure that I would have the years to spend it as I’d lose too many with the new-found stress. Small cojones?
First step is always to pay yourself first (save the money). You've got that part down. Optimization can be fraught with analysis paralysis. Roth vs TIRA. After tax 401k vs. taxable. Mortgage vs. invest. But in reality, just get it invested in a portfolio that matches your risk tolerance and let it run. Took me 10 years to get to a place where I am ok with just leaving well enough alone. Now I have to go through the trauma of transitioning from accumulation to withdrawal. That is quite a mental switch, but I'll figure it out.
thegump73.50
      06-09-2020, 04:43 PM   #1358
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Quote:
Originally Posted by corn18 View Post
First step is always to pay yourself first (save the money). You've got that part down. Optimization can be fraught with analysis paralysis. Roth vs TIRA. After tax 401k vs. taxable. Mortgage vs. invest. But in reality, just get it invested in a portfolio that matches your risk tolerance and let it run. Took me 10 years to get to a place where I am ok with just leaving well enough alone. Now I have to go through the trauma of transitioning from accumulation to withdrawal. That is quite a mental switch, but I'll figure it out.
If you need help withdrawing, let me know.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      06-09-2020, 05:21 PM   #1359
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5viggen View Post
What do think about adding the stock into all our comments, even quotes, so new guys/gals don't have to trace back a ton and try to figure out what stocks are being referenced? I think it would make the stock suggestions much easier to follow and what not.

My bad...Tnxp.

It's starting to go up.
      06-09-2020, 05:53 PM   #1360
T5viggen
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
My bad...Tnxp.

It's starting to go up.
All good! I was able to find it. There’s a bunch of conversations happening about different stocks all the time, just thinking it might be easier if everyone states the stock they’re referencing.
      06-09-2020, 06:45 PM   #1361
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5viggen View Post
All good! I was able to find it. There’s a bunch of conversations happening about different stocks all the time, just thinking it might be easier if everyone states the stock they’re referencing.
The thing about this stock is that they have a meeting tomorrow that could be huge.

Only issue is that there are also big institutions invested....and they can control the price to an extent.

So with this one....I have a stop loss set to avoid losing money and I will monitor it as the day goes. But if it does break out.....I will take profit on the rise. Being greedy can hurt you. I look for 20-30%. Most people chase higher and get burnt.
      06-09-2020, 07:09 PM   #1362
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

CIDM?

Took a pretty big hit today? Still worth staying in or jump ship you think?
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 04:28 AM   #1363
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
CIDM?

Took a pretty big hit today? Still worth staying in or jump ship you think?
I never jump ship...but I am stubborn. If I get in a position like that...then a short term hold turns into a long term hold and I try to average down. This company will come back up at some point....most all do....but people like this one for some odd reason.

What did you get in at? That stock jumped over 200% less than 10 days ago. PM right now it's showing at 2.50.

I would hold until at least the 16th when financials come out. Also the stock is being heavily "shorted" right now.
      06-10-2020, 04:33 AM   #1364
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So TNXP,

There are 2 presentations this week one being today at 2:45pm EST.

It isn’t a “conference” but they are doing a presentation of their drug trials. A conference call usually doesn’t have much info.

This is an FDA approved drug trial they are presenting and could possibly announce that they also have 3 vaccine candidates and just partnered with Fujifilm to manufacture.

I got in at .69. Right now it's .73

Oh..and also there was a ton of insider buying in May. You can check the SEC filings. The other thing that caught my attention was that they were updating part of their website. It may mean nothing....but you have to look at all angles!
Attached Images

Last edited by Rmtt; 06-10-2020 at 05:54 AM..
Appreciate 2
Nuckle2218.00
Run Silent15127.00