BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    New winter tire options

10-13-2021, 05:03 PM   #1
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

New winter tire options

For my first winter with my M5 Competition, I was looking for snow tires. Tire Rack still does not list any. I noticed that Pirelli recently introduced P Zero Winter tires and promotes them as high performance tires for cold, wet and snow. Pirelli lists stock sizes for the M5C, but none of the vendors on the internet list those sizes as available.

I went to my dealer for an oil change and on a lark asked the dealer if they had any snow tires for my car. Imagine my surprise when the dealer said they could get the P Zero Winter overnight at a competitive price.

I'm getting the tires mounted on my stock wheels (I have Dinan forged wheels with my stock summer tires). The only slightly disappointing thing in all of this is that I needed a set of TPMS for the winter wheel set up and BMW charges $180 per wheel. At least the dealer is not charging for mounting and balancing.

In any case, I will be putting the winter wheels on the car in a month or so and I will follow up with my review.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #2
ellisina4
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Ping r33_RGSport and you will have to pay that much for a set of 4 TMPS sensors...
Ben is the best of the best.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
lynxbat
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Comp

This was a great tip irablumberg

I called by local BMW shop and they got them for me. But no TPS charge.

(my profile shows Portland, but I moved to Pittsburgh last year)
Appreciate 0