BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Carbon Ceramic Brake Option

09-23-2021, 05:12 PM   #23
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Barber View Post
Just get a set of 2 lug bolt wheel hangers. Makes it essentially impossible to damage the CCBs when changing wheels.
I spec'd CCB's on my F90 that's due any day now. Are there horror stories of rotors getting damaged by tire places when changing tires?

These lug bolt hangers make a ton of sense.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 06:05 PM   #24
Pugnacious
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
I spec'd CCB's on my F90 that's due any day now. Are there horror stories of rotors getting damaged by tire places when changing tires?

These lug bolt hangers make a ton of sense.
Sorry I can't help you out with any horror stories, but can you imagine how a local tire shop is going to react when you tell them the brake rotor they just chipped is going to cost over $6,000 to replace! That's a conversion I choose not to have.

I have had a couple of different makes of automobile's now with CCB's and when it comes time for tires I go back to the dealership where I purchased the car. They have the necessary tools to safely remove and reinstall wheels, their technicians should be apprised of the consequences of damaging a rotor and I have found their prices on tires to be competitive and am willing to pay a little extra knowing I have a better chance of them taking care of me if they do screw up.
Appreciate 3
      09-23-2021, 11:49 PM   #25
Demon Barber
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5, 2013 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugnacious View Post
Sorry I can't help you out with any horror stories, but can you imagine how a local tire shop is going to react when you tell them the brake rotor they just chipped is going to cost over $6,000 to replace! That's a conversion I choose not to have.

I have had a couple of different makes of automobile's now with CCB's and when it comes time for tires I go back to the dealership where I purchased the car. They have the necessary tools to safely remove and reinstall wheels, their technicians should be apprised of the consequences of damaging a rotor and I have found their prices on tires to be competitive and am willing to pay a little extra knowing I have a better chance of them taking care of me if they do screw up.
This is good advice. I use a local independent shop for tires, but the CCBs were a conversation I had with the manager up front. They acknowledged how fragile and expensive they are, and always use a stand to support the wheels when they remove them.
Appreciate 2
      10-04-2021, 10:57 PM   #26
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

In hindsight I wish I had going CCB's, the steel brakes on M5 are not as good as the steel ones on my E63, quite noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 03:57 PM   #27
ChalkyM5
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 M5C, 21 Taycan, 21 SQ8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
lol. Had them on my z06, and a few times they acted up, and short run and nailing the brakes a few times worked well and noise went away.

My 600LT never made a sound. My fathers f90, never an issue with 10k miles either.
If I do a good 70-80mph to 10mph full emergency stop. It will quiet the brakes down for the remainder of that drive usually. But next time I get in the car, squeaking again.
Appreciate 0