BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)    Protection that changes appearance of car

08-15-2021, 03:00 AM   #1
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E63s AMG Estate

Protection that changes appearance of car

Hi all

Will soon be in receipt of a F90 MBB and considering what protection to give the car v the fact it's leased for 3 years.

My last car (E63S) was fully PPF'd with EXPEL. It was a frozen grey so got the XPEL that didn't make it glossy.

I'm curious to learn from those in the know whether anything like ceramic coating or PPF will change the appearance of the MBB colour?

For example, some of the Mercedes guys got Black cars and then got it XPEL Stealth'd to make it look like a frozen black.

If I'm considering protection, do I need to think about anything like that for the MBB colour?

Hope that made sense?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 02:33 PM   #2
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugsy01 View Post
Hi all

Will soon be in receipt of a F90 MBB and considering what protection to give the car v the fact it's leased for 3 years.

My last car (E63S) was fully PPF'd with EXPEL. It was a frozen grey so got the XPEL that didn't make it glossy.

I'm curious to learn from those in the know whether anything like ceramic coating or PPF will change the appearance of the MBB colour?

For example, some of the Mercedes guys got Black cars and then got it XPEL Stealth'd to make it look like a frozen black.

If I'm considering protection, do I need to think about anything like that for the MBB colour?

Hope that made sense?
I am also awaiting for my MBB. Only doing front expel & ceramic coating. There are pictures of frozen MBB if that's what you are wanting.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 04:13 PM   #3
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirenarora View Post
Quote:
Hi all

Hope that made sense?
I am also awaiting for my MBB. Only doing front expel & ceramic coating. There are pictures of frozen MBB if that's what you are wanting.
Thanks

To be honest I'm 50/50 with trying to make it more glossy or as you say, make it look frozen!

It's not a cheap affair so debating whether irs worthwhile.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all

Hope that made sense?
Thanks

To be honest I'm 50/50 with trying to make it more glossy or as you say, make it look frozen!

What interior & options did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 04:41 PM   #5
Slugsy01
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all

Hope that made sense?
Thanks

Hi

So went with the Silverstone interior and piano black trim with bi-colour wheels. I'm in UK so also went for:

Visibility pack
Comfort Plus Pack
Technology Plus Pack

I'm debating whether to put the Performance Body Kit on it, can't decide whether the carbon fibre will look good with MBB colour?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 04:59 PM   #6
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hi all

Hope that made sense?
Thanks

Hi

So went with the Silverstone interior and piano black trim with bi-colour wheels. I'm in UK so also went for:

Visibility pack
Comfort Plus Pack
Technology Plus Pack

I'm debating whether to put the Performance Body Kit on it, can't decide whether the carbon fibre will look good with MBB colour?
Same here went with silverstone, Executive pack, B&W, & M performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0