BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    M5 Comp F90 LCI vs M5 Pure F90 LCI

07-15-2021, 02:10 AM   #1
MikeFulstow
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

M5 Comp F90 LCI vs M5 Pure F90 LCI

Hi folks,

I am looking to place an order to replace my M2 Competition with an M5. I like the practicality of 4 doors plus the luxury of the M5 as an upgrade. I am struggling to decide between the Comp and the Pure - both are available here in NZ. I have also struggled to find any head to head reviews or YouTube content.

If I go with the Pure I am going to stack it with the B&W hi-fi, heated sets all around, massage and ventilated front seats, black front grille and the carbon pack for wing mirrors and spoiler. I also am keen on Signal Green as its an awesome colour!

Does anyone have any experience of driving both and can offer an informed opinion? I have driven the M5 Comp at the MTown G80/G82 launch and it was amazing, but haven't driven the Pure. My primary areas of concern are the ride and handling variations between the 2 models and I guess the Comp badge on the big dog.

Pricing wise I have been offered dealer help on both but even with the stacked options the Comp works out appprox. $17k NZ more expensive.

Because of the individual colour choice it likely won't arrive until next March, so I want to get this right and make the right choice.

Help appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2021, 04:41 PM   #2
EPTXM5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

What is the pure? Is that a special model in NZ? If it's the non comp m5 then yes it'll ride smoother. I have the non comp m5 and the ride is already firm enough and it still handles great for the road unless you're planning on tracking the car on a road course then the comp would be better.
Appreciate 1
      07-18-2021, 07:16 PM   #3
MikeFulstow
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPTXM5 View Post
What is the pure? Is that a special model in NZ? If it's the non comp m5 then yes it'll ride smoother. I have the non comp m5 and the ride is already firm enough and it still handles great for the road unless you're planning on tracking the car on a road course then the comp would be better.
Thanks for your reply. Yes it's the non-Comp M5 - so 600hp rather than 625hp and minus the suspension tweaks and shocks from the M8 Competition.
Appreciate 0