E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2008 328xi E92 Water Pump/Thermostat replacement

06-19-2018, 12:03 PM   #1
cmcshera
Rep
Drives: 2008 328xi Coupe E92

Replacement Nightmare

So I had watched probably about 10-15 DIYs on YouTube, searched these forums, did research, but let me tell you....my set-up was nothing like what I saw. The directions were pretty much the same so I appreciate all the talk and help from everyone. But there were extra hoses in the way, the layout was in a different spot, basically had to go up and over, go from the top sometimes and put much more effort into it. Much tighter space than all the videos. I know its because it's an AWD, but woof...probably didn't help that I didnt have a flexible screwdriver or a torque wrench. Took me about 14 hours total, only had ramps so I'm pretty sore and cut up. But, proud to say I completed it and it is in working order. Ended up taking about a gallon and a half of coolant after all was said and done, which means I drained it pretty well I'm guessing? Here are some pics of my struggle along the way. After seeing so many pics and videos I understood the process which is why I got it done, so props to all of you. ALSO, I accidentally took out a long screw (aluminum) by accident of another part. I put it back in with the same amount of force I took it out with (bc I didn't have a torque wrench) But should I be worried about future failure of the bolt? There is a pic below, the one with the missing bolt on the left
Attached Images

Appreciate 0