THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics harmon kardon question

03-24-2014, 11:44 PM   #111
modeboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp / HS / DCT

Despite this mix up (and I've sent my email off to BMWNA requesting a credit of some kind), I will say that I think the HK system in the 2 sounds better than the one I had in my 1... (2012). Even though the 1 had "surround" and an EQ ... the bass sounds tighter in the 2... and the tweeters aren't as shrill as they sounded to me in the 1. A bit smoother and easier to listen to. So, I'm happy with the overall sound. I think that front center channel has a bit to do with it... rounds out the sound nicely. That said, I still wish we had the eq and surround modes... so for those of us who ordered prior to the clarifications, I do think we should get something. I got a reply from them earlier saying they were investigating and they'd get back to me within a few days.

JB
      03-25-2014, 06:24 AM   #112
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrstech View Post
I spoke to a BMW engineer who happened to be at my dealer and he was quite surprised as I was to discover the HK system being somewhat crippled in features compared to other HK systems. He's in touch with BMW and hopes to have some answers for me tomorrow.
Please let us know what you find out
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:28 AM   #113
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

I have a ordered car comng over on the boat, I see the same option under HK when ordering my car thinking I would get the NAV/EQ option and a nice sounding stereo system like the one I had in my 135i that had the same options. I put down $500 and may lose it but said if this is true, I just want to cancel my order, that system with the EQ as part of the NAV is the best I have heard in a BMW

I know they will be upset but I just don't want it if they are not going to give me what the previous model had in it, its suppose to be better, not go down hill. I have same documentation and some current websites for dealers that show the HK is the 16 speaker 600 watt system, feel like Ive been done over

I have heard the Bang & Olufesen in the 5 and 6-series but I best it sounds good, even @ $3700 I would have bought it on this car.

I have bought 14-15 from this dealership and once before told me I would be banned from ordering another car if I orered one and did not take it

What do youall think?

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:43 AM   #114
Scotlac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post
I have a ordered car comng over on the boat, I see the same option under HK when ordering my car thinking I would get the NAV/EQ option and a nice sounding stereo system like the one I had in my 135i that had the same options. I put down $500 and may lose it but said if this is true, I just want to cancel my order, that system with the EQ as part of the NAV is the best I have heard in a BMW

I know they will be upset but I just don't want it if they are not going to give me what the previous model had in it, its suppose to be better, not go down hill. I have same documentation and some current websites for dealers that show the HK is the 16 speaker 600 watt system, feel like Ive been done over

I have heard the Bang & Olufesen in the 5 and 6-series but I best it sounds good, even @ $3700 I would have bought it on this car.

I have bought 14-15 from this dealership and once before told me I would be banned from ordering another car if I orered one and did not take it

What do youall think?

I think you should wait and hear it before you make a decision. I see a lot of people that have ordered it complaining but I've yet to see anyone that actually has the HK do anything but rave about it.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:44 AM   #115
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Dinan M235, Dinan Sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by damills View Post

What do youall think?

The fact that they would make you take the car or ban you is ridiculous, I would start looking for another dealer in all honesty.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 10:54 AM   #116
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Spoke w. my CA today, all I can say is goddamnit this is going to be a pain in the ass. He spoke with BMW NA, with a rep in the dealership that day on the phone as well, and was told, "we changed the website, it's fine now." Needless to say I called BMWNA myself and emailed as others have suggested. Sadly I think we're at their mercy on this one, no one is going to burn legal fees at $500 an hour trying to chase $875. Hope I am pleasantly surprised with how they decide to handle this but not overly optimistic.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:00 AM   #117
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

still saying 16 speakers 600W in the Features & specs though...

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ndOptions.aspx
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:11 AM   #118
golf4501
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
still saying 16 speakers 600W in the Features & specs though...

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ndOptions.aspx
whoops someone needs to update a link!

Which reminds me I thought some posted that they got a DVD to play, and it says DVD source on that link. Can you actually watch a movie on the screen if the car is stopped?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:14 AM   #119
five3three
Major
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Sadly I think we're at their mercy on this one, no one is going to burn legal fees at $500 an hour trying to chase $875.
Yeah, you can put me in that boat of people who won't bother much about it at the end of the day. I am leasing with no plans to ever buy this so what's at stake for me is just north of $300. This isn't a number I'd go to battle over.

I sent them an email that I didn't get a response to and when my car arrives, I may make a phone call to them or send another email (or if I see that other members have some luck in some way using that method), but other than that, oh well. If I was buying and have paid the full amount, I'd put in a little more effort probably.

BMWNA already hooked me up a few months ago by agreeing to approve the carbon/walnut blasting for me on my 335i that people have found to be hit or miss in getting approved since it isn't normally covered. My dealer wanted $1000 and said it wasn't covered by extending warranty but I filed a claim directly to BMWNA and they approved it surprisingly.

Last edited by five3three; 03-25-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 11:43 AM   #120
bungee91
Private
Rep
Drives: Wife's F80 Y.M.B. 6MT

Just talked with my dealer and am receiving a $350 credit from BMW to spend on accessories because of this mix up!..
I'm more than happy with this outcome, however having an actual EQ would be nice!
Also my car is on a freaking ship sailing the sea's as we speak!.. I'm excited..
Thanks to everyone for pointing this out.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:05 PM   #121
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
Just talked with my dealer and am receiving a $350 credit from BMW to spend on accessories because of this mix up!..
I'm more than happy with this outcome, however having an actual EQ would be nice!
Also my car is on a freaking ship sailing the sea's as we speak!.. I'm excited..
Thanks to everyone for pointing this out.
I would be more than happy with that as well, I am leasing and planning to turn the car in so that's pretty much exactly what my lease would be reduced by if I hadn't ordered HK. Can you please clarify if that is BMW offering that or your dealer? Want to make sure I have accurate info when I go back to mine. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 12:08 PM   #122
BEM-S4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by five3three View Post
Yeah, you can put me in that boat of people who won't bother much about it at the end of the day. I am leasing with no plans to ever buy this so what's at stake for me is just north of $300. This isn't a number I'd go to battle over.
Agreed, if the $350 credit for merchandise is something we can all get, especially for those leasing that's more than fair. We're all going to spend that at least on winter floor mats, trunk liner, assorted other nonsense. It's $350 out of my pocket for all that stuff one way or the other, BMW will only have to eat half of it assuming 50% markup. Win-win for everyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:36 PM   #123
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

This is rough. I get how people would be upset if they thought they were getting a little more than half the power they thought they would be getting.

Does anyone know the specs of the hi-fi system? How many speakers?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 01:48 PM   #124
bungee91
Private
Rep
Drives: Wife's F80 Y.M.B. 6MT

I contacted my sales adviser and also her manager who I've been working with through the deal (I believe he is the store manager).
Anyhow I just explained how I felt it was a bait and switch, and I provided the picture of before (when I configured the car) and what it shows now.
I explained it really wasn't the dealers fault but BMW's, and that I'd like to see if they would credit me an accessory or two to make up for this mistake (they do happen, and I understand).

Anyhow the manager spoke with BMW (no clue who) and they are issuing me the $350 credit. They said look around and see what I'd like and they'll get it ordered for me.
I never wrote anyone but my dealership and within a day they had this taken care of for me. Best of luck to all of you.
Also I will be purchasing not leasing if this matters.

(Also that post was my first post!.. Poppin my cherry on a $350 credit story to tell, that's pretty good!.. Now to change from M roadster to awaiting M235i =P)
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #125
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

I'll try for the $35O credit, but doubt I'll get it as I'm in a unique situation and my dealership doesn't do accessories (military overseas).

Last edited by riccappa; 03-31-2014 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #126
tccox
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 228i Msport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by modeboy
Despite this mix up (and I've sent my email off to BMWNA requesting a credit of some kind), I will say that I think the HK system in the 2 sounds better than the one I had in my 1... (2012). Even though the 1 had "surround" and an EQ ... the bass sounds tighter in the 2... and the tweeters aren't as shrill as they sounded to me in the 1. A bit smoother and easier to listen to. So, I'm happy with the overall sound. I think that front center channel has a bit to do with it... rounds out the sound nicely. That said, I still wish we had the eq and surround modes... so for those of us who ordered prior to the clarifications, I do think we should get something. I got a reply from them earlier saying they were investigating and they'd get back to me within a few days.

JB
Yep, I just got a call from BMW and they're working on a resolution. $350 for accessories would be great but really, my 128 has a 12 speaker 360 watt system and it sounds great. Besides , just checked and my car is heading to the port to be loaded on the ship. I'm so excited I'm about to pee myself.
      03-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #127
riccappa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14' M235i

What's the E-mail address for BMWNA that you all are E-mailing?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:04 PM   #128
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccappa View Post
What's the E-mail address for BMWNA that you all are E-mailing?
You can create an account on bmwusa.com under My BMW and send a message, you can call 1-800-831-1117 and talk to customer representive, I did that and he would not do anything because I did not own the car yet. That was the point, I wanted to know before I signed to own the car.

Other way is

customerrelations@bmwusa.com

Last edited by damills; 03-25-2014 at 07:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 06:10 PM   #129
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw328jc View Post
so to help you out a bit on the EQ. I have a 2012 328i with the tech package and HK. I didnt have this either at first until i activated it via E-sys coding. Now i have all of the options and even have the L7 slider.

Im really hoping you report back that the M235 has the L7 at least. I know i can turn on the EQ via coding so not really worried about that..

hope that helps.
Can you post how you did that once you get your car? or if its possible?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #130
Delnari
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 MG F22 Auto

BMWNA, please be sure to issue everyone who has contacted you about the mis-information on the H/K with a $350 Parts/Accessories credit. I want to buy some goodies for my new M235i and you would make me happy by doing so! Happy BMW owners tell others about how happy they are; unhappy ones flame and speak badly about ownership. Please make us the former clients here.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #131
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

I think it's great that they are giving something back to those who ordered based on the error. I wonder why, if they feel the value of the newly advertised system is $350 cheaper, they aren't lowering the price for new builds. Was the price of H/K on the 1 series $875 as well?

The price for the MINI system (which uses 10 speakers and a 400w class-D amplifier) is $750. They don't have a 7 band EQ either, from what I gather.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2014, 08:49 PM   #132
damills
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tccox View Post
Just looked at the window sticker for my 2012 128. The HK was a 12 speaker, 360 watt system and the price was $875. So two years later same system ,almost , no price increase. And I love the system in my 128. So, I do think BMW owes us a wee something I do think it was a honest mistake. We're still getting a upgraded system over stock.
I had a 2012 135i with m sports package, nav, and hk, it had logic 7 and eq, HK at that time was $875, I would expect it to be the same on the M235i.

Mine is on a boat, Im seriously thinking about if they wont let me wait til 2015 to re-order, just keep my deposit and they keep the car but don't get me wrong, not dealer or salesmans fault, this is most likely BMW programmer or set of programmers for the web pages who messed it up or the person who told them how to design the page

Like another person, they have changed it everywhere except 1 place it still exists, maybe they exported their programming to a shop instead of keeping it in-house
Appreciate 0