Next Level Auto Brokers
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics

10-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #45
pmooiweer
Zymurgist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Loin
Just this week I added ZDB Driver Assistance Plus package. I was going to get the top and side view cameras because I have to park my car in-between the lines. Often times I get out of my car only to get back into park it again. So the top and side view cameras will help.

I also have HUD, and I thought having the speed limit displayed on the HUD next to my current speed is good, as it will remind me I am speeding all the time. I am not crazy about the other nanny features. I test drove a 5 Series with these features and all of them can be turned off and they stay off between starts except the collision mitigation. So I am okay with that.

If you are interested in how all the ZDB features work, you can read about them in the 3 Series user manual.
So M3/M4 will collision prevention?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonymiabmw View Post
So M3/M4 will collision prevention?
No, the DRIVER needs to prevent a collision. The car only sounds a warning signal and preloads the brakes for faster response. You'll need to brake yourself, but the preloading most definitely makes a difference in stopping distance. Only non-M BMWs assist in actually applying the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2018, 08:21 PM   #46
ShadowedAngles
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330ix

I've only had the car for 1,000 miles but I've pretty much used every feature from this package consistently (minus the collision warning - only twice). In particular the cameras while pulling into the garage (the treadmill is in my bay and I can't see the bottom but I can use the cameras to line up where I know I'm good).
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2018, 04:12 PM   #47
backagain
just a fool
China
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO coded M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmooiweer View Post
No, the DRIVER needs to prevent a collision. The car only sounds a warning signal and preloads the brakes for faster response. You'll need to brake yourself, but the preloading most definitely makes a difference in stopping distance. Only non-M BMWs assist in actually applying the brakes.
Actually it does break (partially) for you when it detects collision is imminent, with the flashing red warning. I got surprised a few times as I was about to change lane to exit. Now I drive with DSC off or MDM, so not an issue anymore.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0