BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    F90 M5 Comp switch to G80 Xdrive?

04-25-2023, 12:52 AM   #23
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Lol what did you think I was going to come back with? And 260 kph indicated which was probably 155 mph in actuality but 161 mpg indicated since it didn't have the m drivers package. That's right around 4k rpm in 8th gear if I remember correctly.

Still best part of the trip was flashing a cop car to gtfo of the way with no repercussions as I blasted by him.
Not taking a beeline from European city to European city. I thought this was going to be some track action perhaps. 260 kph, might as well have been though. 4k RPM in 8th at that speed in an M5 was silkily smooth I bet though.
      04-25-2023, 01:11 AM   #24
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Not taking a beeline from European city to European city. I thought this was going to be some track action perhaps. 260 kph, might as well have been though. 4k RPM in 8th at that speed in an M5 was silkily smooth I bet though.
Absolutely was smooth haha (not really, German roads are bumpy as all hell, the car was vibrating a bit, wind noise is unbearable... you get the idea) the track action was 4 laps of the nurburgring for a bit more than half a tank (so 80km for half a tank) and like 5 laps of the grand prix track for the other half (and whatever was left of the brakes, had to stop drivig since i lost all braking on the main straightaway and nearly went into the field)😂😂😂 the grand prix track definitely puts a lot more stress on the car than the nordschleife, especially a big heavy one like the m5. But once I get the video out you'll see what I mean. Also felt bad for some 3 series guys that were blasting by me in the corners on the nordshcleife, I was about to let them pass then I was like oops sorry and the instructor I had with me was laughing" oh no horsepower😂 " as I gap them with my massive v8 only to get rekt next corner again (so I let them past that time). Sadly only got one decent lap in, the others had 3-5 accidents throughout each lap...
Appreciate 1