BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    F90 M5 Upgrade guide. The path of the perfectionist.

10-10-2023, 11:29 PM   #1
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

F90 M5 Upgrade guide. The path of the perfectionist.

The market is saturated with brands, big and small, promising a perfect fitment for the parts they make. And while those may be a good option, offering a wide variety of styles, sometimes we either want less headache and having to deal with an unfortunate risk to refund, or simply wanna stick with the originals. And for that purpose, the "genuine" is the only way to go.
This LCI M5 you'll see in photos, gets a sizeable makeover of M Performance carbon fiber elements. Here's what's on the menu:
- rear spoiler
- front lip
- front grille
- fender trim
- rear diffuser
- side skirt
- antenna cover(shark fin)

The parts are made with dry carbon fiber, and they are specifically designed for this model, by the original manufacturer ergo the perfect fitment. I could go on describing how much better it looks after the upgrade, but I'll let the photos do the talking, so I'll have to make 2 posts to add the rest of the photos as well.
Let's roll:
Attached Images

Last edited by iCARMIX; 10-11-2023 at 01:15 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2023, 11:31 PM   #2
iCARMIX
iCARMIX
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: BMW

Part 2 of the photos:

Here are the rest of the photos
Attached Images

10-11-2023, 03:44 AM   #3
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Looks great. Black wheels would really finish that off, as the polished rims don't look right, IMO, with all the carbon.
Appreciate 1
      10-11-2023, 12:36 PM   #4
damianwo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
Looks great. Black wheels would really finish that off, as the polished rims don't look right, IMO, with all the carbon.
Disagree. Polished wheels go hand in hand with the white exterior and red calipers perfectly match the tail lights. Black wheels are boring.
Appreciate 1
afo818254.50
      10-11-2023, 09:48 PM   #5
JakeW1990
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by damianwo View Post
Disagree. Polished wheels go hand in hand with the white exterior and red calipers perfectly match the tail lights. Black wheels are boring.
Disagree with that. Polished has nothing to do with white. That clashes terribly and there’s no contrast to bring out the features of the car. Same goes with chrome decal on white paint. Terrible. Polished/chrome on white is nothing but a puddle of ugly.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 06:13 AM   #6
damianwo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW1990 View Post
Same goes with chrome decal on white paint. Terrible. Polished/chrome on white is nothing but a puddle of ugly.
Agree with the chrome, not only it is not an eye candy but also I had it in my RAM truck on the interior and the chrome was reflecting the sun rays straight into my eyes and sort of blinding while driving in the process. I always had to put something over my center console to cover it until one day I just removed it and ordered non reflective trim.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2023, 11:57 AM   #7
RichF90M5C
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeW1990 View Post
Disagree with that. Polished has nothing to do with white. That clashes terribly and there’s no contrast to bring out the features of the car. Same goes with chrome decal on white paint. Terrible. Polished/chrome on white is nothing but a puddle of ugly.
This. When I had the BMW carbon fitted, the polished rims just looked wrong on my MBB M5. Getting them coated black finished the look. Pictures don’t really do black wheels justice, but in the flesh they look great.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2023, 01:16 PM   #8
JakeW1990
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichF90M5C View Post
This. When I had the BMW carbon fitted, the polished rims just looked wrong on my MBB M5. Getting them coated black finished the look. Pictures don’t really do black wheels justice, but in the flesh they look great.
Absolutely! I don’t mind polished/chrome on anything except for white/silver. Just doesn’t belong with those 2 colors IMO. 🤢🤮🤣
Appreciate 0