BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 comp frozen bluestone delivered!

04-27-2022, 04:04 PM   #23
sevenn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
Not sure if this helps at all, tried enlarging the carbon bits a bit to make them easier to see since I don't have the car on me lol, carbon shifters are ok you don't really see them behind the steering wheel and the gear selector is basically the regular one with a thin line of carbon fiber around the edges
Oh no... is there no "competition" text on the carbon kidneys emblem?!
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2022, 07:23 PM   #24
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Car looks amazing! Can we see a head on shot of one of your wheels with a view of the black calipers, please?
      04-28-2022, 01:56 AM   #25
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenn View Post
Oh no... is there no "competition" text on the carbon kidneys emblem?!
Nope, it's been discussed before, the carbon kidneys only come with the chrome M5 badge not the comp badge, you can easily swap it out if you want though ( 2 screws on back of grille apparently)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 01:58 AM   #26
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Car looks amazing! Can we see a head on shot of one of your wheels with a view of the black calipers, please?
when I get the car back from the PPF i'll post one for you. I like the black calipers since they're not noticeable, like when you look at the car from most angles it's like the calipers aren't even there and its just a shadow on the brake disk which makes the wheels stand out a lot better.
Appreciate 1
      04-28-2022, 02:44 AM   #27
sevenn
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M340i

Quote:
Nope, it's been discussed before, the carbon kidneys only come with the chrome M5 badge not the comp badge, you can easily swap it out if you want though ( 2 screws on back of grille apparently)
Oh thanks, i missed it. I was confused by the pictures in the catalog I had to choose from. Or maybe is it different in the EU?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 03:51 AM   #28
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenn View Post
Oh thanks, i missed it. I was confused by the pictures in the catalog I had to choose from. Or maybe is it different in the EU?
Quite possibly different for EU, or that could be the one for the cars without drivers assistance plus (the order guide has them listed separately for the us)
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2022, 08:04 AM   #29
spuntyb
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

Frozen Bluestone is fantastic. Enjoy!

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 1
micvite1540.00
      04-28-2022, 01:13 PM   #30
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
when I get the car back from the PPF i'll post one for you. I like the black calipers since they're not noticeable, like when you look at the car from most angles it's like the calipers aren't even there and its just a shadow on the brake disk which makes the wheels stand out a lot better.
Thank you so much for your input on that. I originally specced the car with red calipers but with black on black with black wheels, but I'm thinking now the black calipers might take it full stealth. Especially based on what you've said here.

Congratulations again on the new car! I know you went through a lot to finally get it.
micvite1540.00
      04-29-2022, 08:40 PM   #31
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thank you so much for your input on that. I originally specced the car with red calipers but with black on black with black wheels, but I'm thinking now the black calipers might take it full stealth. Especially based on what you've said here.

Congratulations again on the new car! I know you went through a lot to finally get it.
if you're going for black on black everything definitely get black calipers lol, unless you want the calipers to stand out, in that case get red:P but yeah I literally was like huh I don't recall seeing my calipers what color did I get again? after the car was on the trailer lol like I spent 1 hour with the car and I not ONCE noticed my calipers were black or heck that they were even there...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2022, 10:01 AM   #32
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

if you're going for black on black everything definitely get black calipers lol, unless you want the calipers to stand out, in that case get red:P but yeah I literally was like huh I don't recall seeing my calipers what color did I get again? after the car was on the trailer lol like I spent 1 hour with the car and I not ONCE noticed my calipers were black or heck that they were even there...

I thought I wanted a pop so I went with red, but I agree with you…I think I'm going to go with black in the end. That's actually pretty awesome that you can't see it.

Thank you so much and congratulations again!
      04-30-2022, 03:08 PM   #33
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I thought I wanted a pop so I went with red, but I agree with you…I think I'm going to go with black in the end. That's actually pretty awesome that you can't see it.

Hard to see here (but that's the point lol) but these were some other pics my wife took with her phone, you can sort of see the caliper (or what should be the caliper in the corner that just looks like missing rotor)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      04-30-2022, 06:16 PM   #34
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

If I didn’t have CCBs I would have gone black too. I like the blue ones but my car is blue and I didn’t want them to match. JMO but I feel like red is overdone these days even though they still look good.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2022, 06:50 PM   #35
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Hard to see here (but that's the point lol) but these were some other pics my wife took with her phone, you can sort of see the caliper (or what should be the caliper in the corner that just looks like missing rotor)
First of all - GORGEOUS.

Second, this is exactly the type of photo that I was looking for to give me an idea. Thank you so much. I am definitely switching to black now that I saw how it looks on yours!

Much appreciated. Enjoy it!
      04-30-2022, 06:57 PM   #36
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
If I didn’t have CCBs I would have gone black too. I like the blue ones but my car is blue and I didn’t want them to match. JMO but I feel like red is overdone these days even though they still look good.
I have blue on my existing F90 because that was the only color option for MY 19 if you didn't get CCBs, which I didn't. At the time I was really hoping I could have gotten red from the factory, but didn't want to go the painted route and kill the cogent OEM feel that they had behind the 706M black wheels.

New car's color spec is black on black with the 706Ms again. As I saw micvite's wheels and thinking about what you said — red is kinda played out. I'm going with the black while I still can.

Thanks for the input!
      05-01-2022, 04:51 PM   #37
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I have blue on my existing F90 because that was the only color option for MY 19 if you didn't get CCBs, which I didn't. At the time I was really hoping I could have gotten red from the factory, but didn't want to go the painted route and kill the cogent OEM feel that they had behind the 706M black wheels.

New car's color spec is black on black with the 706Ms again. As I saw micvite's wheels and thinking about what you said — red is kinda played out. I'm going with the black while I still can.

Thanks for the input!
No worries, glad I could help lol. I was debating getting ccbs but I was worried about fragility since my roads are pretty shitty and I've been known to eat rocks that chewed three even my iron rotors lol but worst case I can always retrofit later if I feel like it and if I don't like em after a while I can probably sell the kit close to what i paid for it anyway lol
Appreciate 0