BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    M5 discounts

12-12-2022, 12:39 PM   #23
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Anyone else aboard the Orion Highway? Due to arrive in Brunswick, GA on 12/23.

"Your 2023 BMW M5 left the Zeebrugge port of exit December 11, 2022 aboard the vessel ORION HIGHWAY. It is estimated to arrive at the port of Brunswick, GA December 23, 2022. I do not have access to a booking number for transit, but with the name of the vessel, it can be tracked further at www.marinetraffic.com. Please note, all dates are estimates and are subject to change."
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 02:01 PM   #24
jivom5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: audi a7, c7 grandsport

one of my friends in cali just got his 2023 m5 non comp (118k msrp) with a 3k markup for 2160 a month... leases are painful right now
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #25
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
My previous M5, they put a giant, clearcoat-scratching bow on the hood. Had to be "corrected."
      12-12-2022, 05:00 PM   #26
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jivom5 View Post
one of my friends in cali just got his 2023 m5 non comp (118k msrp) with a 3k markup for 2160 a month... leases are painful right now
OUCH!
      12-13-2022, 03:38 PM   #27
jivom5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: audi a7, c7 grandsport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
OUCH!
my exact thought when he told me...
Appreciate 1
      12-13-2022, 07:18 PM   #28
illirep
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3

Charleston is still marking up base Macans…no thanks!

Hilton Head Porsche does not mark up anything. They also don’t get any allocations since they are tiny.

The northeast dealer that I’ve purchased a 2018 CPO Gt3 touring from and a new 2023 Cayenne GTS does way more volume and does get allocations on all models. They advised me that taking a turbo s just because (while waiting for a 992 GT3) would be a bad idea as production ramps. They would have loved to sell it to me but warned that it may not be worth over msrp in very near future. I think we are seeing this come to fruition real time.

They also see the value in my long term relationship, even though i moved 13 hours south. I’m 40 and will be buying lots of cars over the years. Princeton Porsche on the other hand just worries about the present and has lost me and many others as a life long clients due to short term greed and shady ass business practices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Yeah well I know the GM and my boos is friends with the owner of the Charleston SC Porsche and they are getting ZERO allocations outside of a couple and those definitely have ADMs. Here is my question. Obviously, these guys can easily get ADMs (at least for now) so why would they offer one to you (or anyone) at a loss by selling it without an ADM? That makes no sense ad is not what I’m finding ANYWHERE in the 48 lower states.

Edit- Im also close to a Maryland Porsche dealer. That’s where I bought my first Turbo S. My salesman is promising an MSRP car some time in the future but they are getting ZERO allocations also. I do believe when things stabilize i will get one at MSRP there. The Florida dealers have 5 years worth of wait lists at normal production. They will have ADMs for the foreseeable future.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 04:20 AM   #29
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by illirep View Post

Hilton Head Porsche does not mark up anything. They also don’t get any allocations since they are tiny.

The northeast dealer that I’ve purchased a 2018 CPO Gt3 touring from and a new 2023 Cayenne GTS does way more volume and does get allocations on all models. They advised me that taking a turbo s just because (while waiting for a 992 GT3) would be a bad idea as production ramps. They would have loved to sell it to me but warned that it may not be worth over msrp in very near future. I think we are seeing this come to fruition real time.

They also see the value in my long term relationship, even though i moved 13 hours south. I’m 40 and will be buying lots of cars over the years. Princeton Porsche on the other hand just worries about the present and has lost me and many others as a life long clients due to short term greed and shady ass business practices.
Princeton as in Princeton nj? They're a joke haha, went in to spec a car out and was ignored for nearly an hour (I really like to see how long they'll keep staring before someone says something) and when I asked to test drive a used car they had, was told they have no cars like the one I wanted (they had quite a few in used inventory and a few new ones) it's quite amusing how much they care about appearances (first time went dressed in shorts and a t shirt, in a beat up car I had just bought for parts) went in again the second time dressed in a suit and my f10 m5, immediately got asked what I was interested in and offered to test drive the car 😂
Appreciate 1
      12-15-2022, 02:26 PM   #30
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:

Yeah, I knew that about Charleston. I didn’t know that about Hilton head though. I’m fairly confident I’ve called them before but I’ve never visited.

I really don’t think a car dealer getting the amount of money something is worth is being greedy. I certainly don’t think you’re being greedy if you get as much as someone will pay for your house or for when you sell one of your Porsche cars or any property of yours.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 07:37 PM   #31
Snoop7256
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3

Quote:
I am curious what others are seeing. I've seen multiple dealers doing $10k to 10% off plus rebates. I'm interesting in buying one but how low will it go with economy doing what it is doing? My home dealer has had 3 available for 90+ days now and they are not selling. Also doesn't help that they spec them oddly...
What is odd about the builds?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2022, 08:05 PM   #32
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

When it comes to dealers doing builds, I'm reminded of Friday:

"No sugar? Damn. Y'all ain't never got two things that match. Either ya got Kool-aid, no sugar. Peanut butter, no jelly. Ham, no burger."

Like getting the Competition Package and leaving out Bowers. Or adding the Driving Assistance Pro package but not the Executive Package. I think most people fall into two camps.. bare minimum or max it out (to an extent.. I'm crazy and didn't want CCB's).
Appreciate 0