BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery    Plenty of MPE's In Stock

11-14-2022, 08:41 PM   #1
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Plenty of MPE's In Stock

I ordered back when there was a shortage of MPE's. My CA reached out and was told that there were only two in stock at the plant with more on the way, but once it went into production (150) and received a VIN, they were willing to add it manually. Today was that day. He was also told today they now have plenty in stock, so there shouldn't be anymore issues ordering. I will thoroughly enjoy my MPE and fondly think of Bimmerbeast with every crackle as I roll through the parking garage without flaps.
Appreciate 2
      11-16-2022, 12:05 PM   #2
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I ordered back when there was a shortage of MPE's. My CA reached out and was told that there were only two in stock at the plant with more on the way, but once it went into production (150) and received a VIN, they were willing to add it manually. Today was that day. He was also told today they now have plenty in stock, so there shouldn't be anymore issues ordering. I will thoroughly enjoy my MPE and fondly think of Bimmerbeast with every crackle as I roll through the parking garage without flaps.
I had the same experience back on 10/2 when mine went into production. Glad you were able to add it.

And your attitude about rolling thru the garage without flaps is spot on. Everyone says - but the M5 is classy, the pops and bangs are too much. Eh.

Let me have my bit of childish fun. Even though you don't have flaps if you press the exhaust button (green light goes out) the pops and bangs go away too and then you just have a nice rumble.

This waiting thing is expensive though. I just added a bunch of M Performance Carbon parts to mine .
2023 M5C (MBB, Tartufo, CCB, MPE, splitter, skirts, diffuser and pro spoiler), 2022 X3MC (gone), 2022 M5C (gone, not forgotten), 2020 992S (gone), 2018 M3C (should have never let it be gone), 2015 550i (gone), 2013 550i M-Sport (gone), 2010 Panamera (good riddance) (this list is getting entirely too long).
Appreciate 1
nerdogray1303.00
      11-16-2022, 02:00 PM   #3
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
I had the same experience back on 10/2 when mine went into production. Glad you were able to add it.

And your attitude about rolling thru the garage without flaps is spot on. Everyone says - but the M5 is classy, the pops and bangs are too much. Eh.

Let me have my bit of childish fun. Even though you don't have flaps if you press the exhaust button (green light goes out) the pops and bangs go away too and then you just have a nice rumble.

This waiting thing is expensive though. I just added a bunch of M Performance Carbon parts to mine .
I was tempted to deck it out in all the available carbon fiber on order but am playing a mental game with myself trying to keep the payment "lower..." kind of the same game one plays when making a down payment on a lease. The MPE is something I did not want to have to mess with after purchase, though, so definitely wanted it done at factory/port. I do plan on adding the carbon fiber pieces myself at a later date, along with maybe the Pro spoiler and splitter. Messing with removing the old spoiler and betalink and whatnot makes me nervous, though.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 02:13 PM   #4
MackSea70
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C, 2020 Tesla Y LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I was tempted to deck it out in all the available carbon fiber on order but am playing a mental game with myself trying to keep the payment "lower..." kind of the same game one plays when making a down payment on a lease. The MPE is something I did not want to have to mess with after purchase, though, so definitely wanted it done at factory/port. I do plan on adding the carbon fiber pieces myself at a later date, along with maybe the Pro spoiler and splitter. Messing with removing the old spoiler and betalink and whatnot makes me nervous, though.
So you bring up the lease word - if you're leasing it does make sense to put your m performance parts in at the port. This way they're residualized into the lease - In essence you're only paying for 43 percent of the cost of the parts (plus finance charges and interest).

I'm not leasing this one, I'm buying. While I typically love DIY, I'm choosing port installed so that the parts are part of my window sticker. Since I'll eventually be selling the car down the road - I know there's a stigma with "modified" cars and this way I can say - nope, not hacked on, these parts came "from BMW". (this might be a really dumb way to look at it - but it makes me feel better).

That - plus I get to enjoy the car exactly as I want it the day I drive it out of the delivery room at the PCD.
2023 M5C (MBB, Tartufo, CCB, MPE, splitter, skirts, diffuser and pro spoiler), 2022 X3MC (gone), 2022 M5C (gone, not forgotten), 2020 992S (gone), 2018 M3C (should have never let it be gone), 2015 550i (gone), 2013 550i M-Sport (gone), 2010 Panamera (good riddance) (this list is getting entirely too long).
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 03:37 PM   #5
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSea70 View Post
So you bring up the lease word - if you're leasing it does make sense to put your m performance parts in at the port. This way they're residualized into the lease - In essence you're only paying for 43 percent of the cost of the parts (plus finance charges and interest).

I'm not leasing this one, I'm buying. While I typically love DIY, I'm choosing port installed so that the parts are part of my window sticker. Since I'll eventually be selling the car down the road - I know there's a stigma with "modified" cars and this way I can say - nope, not hacked on, these parts came "from BMW". (this might be a really dumb way to look at it - but it makes me feel better).

That - plus I get to enjoy the car exactly as I want it the day I drive it out of the delivery room at the PCD.
I'm purchasing mine, as well. With the current terms (money factor), the payments made no sense for me to lease. Aside from the price, I also couldn't ever find a good example of what Grey Black looked like with all of the carbon fiber pieces installed. I found a YouTube video, but it wasn't that good and did not include everything. I couldn't decide whether it would be too much and look garish or balance out and have that subtlety with a good punch to it I like. So, I just figured I could add them later.
Appreciate 0