BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Weird clock issue

09-14-2021, 12:25 PM   #1
irablumberg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Weird clock issue

Jumped in my 2021 M5 Comp Sunday morning and noticed that the clock was 1 hour behind, i.e., it said 6:30 AM when the time was actually 7:30 AM. I noticed because this also affected the navi which said I would arrive an hour earlier than I had expected.

I went into the settings menu and confirmed that the "set time automatically" check box was checked. After trying a few things without success, I selected and unchecked that check box and then selected and checked it again. That corrected the time.

Anyone else ever experience this?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #2
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp- On order

Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Jumped in my 2021 M5 Comp Sunday morning and noticed that the clock was 1 hour behind, i.e., it said 6:30 AM when the time was actually 7:30 AM. I noticed because this also affected the navi which said I would arrive an hour earlier than I had expected.

I went into the settings menu and confirmed that the "set time automatically" check box was checked. After trying a few things without success, I selected and unchecked that check box and then selected and checked it again. That corrected the time.

Anyone else ever experience this?
Yup, happened to me a couple weeks ago. The toggle worked for me too. Hasn't happened since.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2021, 12:48 PM   #3
zdbmw
Z
Russia
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Yes! It happened a couple of times, and resetting the "set time automatically" box fixed it.

Really weird, I still have no idea what caused it lol
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 03:34 AM   #4
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

You can code car to sync to GPS rather than ConnectedDrive profile and that should fix.
Appreciate 0