BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Bimmercode Issues w/‘19 F90 Comp

09-17-2023, 11:55 PM   #1
intheloop
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Bimmercode Issues w/‘19 F90 Comp

Attempted to do some coding (auto start/stop off, etc) on my ‘19 F90 Comp with Bimmertech app. Everything appeared to work per the app but when I restarted the car, found that things were all screwed up. Settings I didn’t touch, for instance folding mirrors (set to on) were now off, ambient lighting went to bronze (was originally blue), etc. While I was able to fix those minor issues with idrive, biggest issue is that after locking the car, the alarm sounds after 30 seconds and only way to get around this is to manually lock the car, bypassing alarm set. I restored to a backup, but again, even though the app said it was successful, nothing changed in the actual car settings. Hoping y’all might have some thoughts before I contact customer service.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2023, 09:48 AM   #2
CrashCade
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M5 Comp,

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheloop View Post
Attempted to do some coding (auto start/stop off, etc) on my ‘19 F90 Comp with Bimmertech app. Everything appeared to work per the app but when I restarted the car, found that things were all screwed up. Settings I didn’t touch, for instance folding mirrors (set to on) were now off, ambient lighting went to bronze (was originally blue), etc. While I was able to fix those minor issues with idrive, biggest issue is that after locking the car, the alarm sounds after 30 seconds and only way to get around this is to manually lock the car, bypassing alarm set. I restored to a backup, but again, even though the app said it was successful, nothing changed in the actual car settings. Hoping y’all might have some thoughts before I contact customer service.
On the alarm issue, are you leaving the OBD dongle plugged in?
Appreciate 1