BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    BMW M Drive tour 2019 showcases some Individual F90 M5

06-14-2019, 08:11 PM   #23
///M4TT
18’ F82 ZCP
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18' F82 ZCP in MGM

...the green one!
      06-14-2019, 09:30 PM   #24
DML
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 Heritage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by swanson View Post
Quote:
Nah # people are just boring af. Gray, gray and more gray... Although white is awesome for bmws.
I agree. If its not grey, its white. All you see is grey, black, white. BORING
Lol just checked the cars in my lot, there's my blue bmw, yellow Fiat, red Accord, purple rav4... Rest are black, white or gray.
All the cars that park around me at my condo are Grey white or black.

There are few colors in the mix around the entire parking garage.
Need something with vivid color in order to attract a car thief
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 04:38 AM   #25
SFT33
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E28, E34, E60 & F10 M5s

I am seriously considering ordering this after the LCI comes out.

https://www.motor1.com/news/244126/b...karound-video/
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 05:06 AM   #26
BeamerandBimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: S63tu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFT33 View Post
I am seriously considering ordering this after the LCI comes out.

https://www.motor1.com/news/244126/b...karound-video/
I'm not usually a fan of green but really like this build. This looks like the same press car.

Past BMWs;'22M850 Conv, '19 SG M5(ED 5/19),14 Ionic Silver i3, '16 S1000XR, '16 Azurite Black M5, '07 G650X-Challenge, '10 R1200GSA, '15 Mineral Gray M4, '14 S1000R,'10 Alpine White 135ia M-Sport, '13 Carbon Black X5 50i, '10 Carbon Black M5, '07 Graphite K1200GT, '08 335ia, '05 545i, '04 R1150R, '03.5 M3 Cabrio, '00 540ia, '97 M3 sedan, '97 540ia
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:08 AM   #27
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
That green is amazing! Almost looks like Porsche Oak Green Metallic . Wish it had the silver wheels though.
Not enough green cars nowadays
Not considered a modern color palette is my thought as to why.

By certain dealers ordering cars, or by certain manufacturers ?

Certainly there are plenty of LIME green and even bright purple Camaros all over the US. Chevrolet doesn't have a color blindness... companies like Lexus and BMW have had a very limited color palette in the 2000s and early 2010s.

These cars are INDIVIDUAL cars, which still shows BMW is reluctant to offer much more than greyscale and bluescale in their normal lineup unless the owner ANTEs $5k.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 09:30 AM   #28
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That green is amazing! Almost looks like Porsche Oak Green Metallic . Wish it had the silver wheels though.

Certainly there are plenty of LIME green and even bright purple Camaros all over the US. Chevrolet doesn't have a color blindness... companies like Lexus and BMW have had a very limited color palette in the 2000s and early 2010s.

These cars are INDIVIDUAL cars, which still shows BMW is reluctant to offer much more than greyscale and bluescale in their normal lineup unless the owner ANTEs $5k.
Sad but true.
      06-15-2019, 09:40 AM   #29
camerbmw
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60

Garage List
2023 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sad but true.
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...1&lang=EN#
      06-15-2019, 10:37 AM   #30
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by camerbmw View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Sad but true.
https://visualizer.bmw-individual.co...1&lang=EN#
Thanks for the link.

I am well aware of BMW Individual, even though I'd probably never order paint through the program.
      06-15-2019, 01:22 PM   #31
F80DK
Second Lieutenant
Denmark
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Comp. Maledives Blue

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulimulik View Post
I have to share theese photos of amazing individual M5's
If somebody know the color codes will be nice thx
1. Sapphire Black
2. Verde Ermes ?! Lambo color
3. Nardo Gray or Lime rock gray ?
4. Frozen Dark Grey
5. Frozen Dark Silver
6. some blue ???
7. Indianapolis Red ?
I'll take the green - or blue. Here's what Malachite Green looks like - not sure the green in your post is the same though:

https://ahag-group.de/fahrzeugboerse...en-individual/

Cheers from Denmark
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 01:25 PM   #32
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The English Guy View Post
Estoril blue ?
The English Guy -- too late to the table, mate--I have that honour. Hahahaha.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 01:50 PM   #33
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it's a business decision that has merit. The wild color cars are too much of an acquired taste to be part of the standard color line-up. You have to give BMW a little credit. They launch ///M cars with at least a couple of wild colors each generation (...Dakar Yellow, Phoenix Yellow, Yas Marina Blue, Long Beach Blue, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 02:29 PM   #34
PaulT_M5
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: San Marino Blue F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_M_Way View Post
I agree. Looks like Estoril.
Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
The English Guy -- too late to the table, mate--I have that honour. Hahahaha.
You're both wrong

Only one Estoril Blue II F90 has been done and that is in the USA and has a Tartufo interior and is a Competition.

Therefore, if it's not Marina Bay blue, the only EU LHD (the car is registered in Austria) with CCB's and Driving Assistant Plus with a light interior in a light shade of blue is in Sonic Speed Blue.

Here it is on a 6: https://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1407964
      06-15-2019, 04:14 PM   #35
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Grey paint looks like Lime Rock Grey.
      06-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #36
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think it's a business decision that has merit. The wild color cars are too much of an acquired taste to be part of the standard color line-up. You have to give BMW a little credit. They launch ///M cars with at least a couple of wild colors each generation (...Dakar Yellow, Phoenix Yellow, Yas Marina Blue, Long Beach Blue, etc.).
Not asking for wild colors. Asking for better imagination than a single new color or a "launch color " that gets splashed over 11 different models. That's C plus work.

I don't even like red however I recognize that they need to have something like Zinoberrot, hellrot , or imola red in the lineup instead of four different colors named SO.

Aventurine red and Toreador red are a good start but let's see those colors available for M2, M4 .. not 228 and X4.

BMWs standard color palette doesn't have anything when matched up against a crayola 24 pack.

I would be curious to see what percentage of colors chosen by customers paying for bmw Individual are for bmw colors vs those of other marques.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 07:38 PM   #37
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not asking for wild colors. Asking for better imagination than a single new color or a "launch color " that gets splashed over 11 different models. That's C plus work.

I don't even like red however I recognize that they need to have something like Zinoberrot, hellrot , or imola red in the lineup instead of four different colors named SO.

Aventurine red and Toreador red are a good start but let's see those colors available for M2, M4 .. not 228 and X4.

BMWs standard color palette doesn't have anything when matched up against a crayola 24 pack.

I would be curious to see what percentage of colors chosen by customers paying for bmw Individual are for bmw colors vs those of other marques.
A small percentage I'm sure. Even today, black, white and silver have the largest take rates. The lime greens, flashy yellows, etc. aren't purchased that often.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #38
LexProf
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80DK View Post
I'll take the green - or blue. Here's what Malachite Green looks like - not sure the green in your post is the same though:

Cheers from Denmark
That's the unfortunate thing about Malachite Green, there are actually two of them. One is dark and the other lighter. I've thought about ordering a car in this color, but don't want the dark one.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 02:41 AM   #39
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Don't forget Crimson Red.
      06-16-2019, 04:04 AM   #40
Hish
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexProf View Post
That's the unfortunate thing about Malachite Green, there are actually two of them. One is dark and the other lighter. I've thought about ordering a car in this color, but don't want the dark one.
I believe it is not possible that any manufacturer could have two versions of the same color (or any part for that matter). These colors have item codes for a reason.

Regarding your quandary abolutnie two versions of Malachite Green: it looks like on one of the occasions somebody might have confused the color name.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 04:11 AM   #41
Hish
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80DK View Post

Cheers from Denmark
Its lighter and warmer than Malachite Green: the current guess is that this is Verde Ermes - it was recently featured on BMW story of M850i travelling to Villa d'Este car beauty contest, do you fan compare. Verde Ermes is a special Lambo color, and it looks like it got selected as special color for mDrive event. (Previous year special color was Ferrari Rot = Rosso Corsa)

Last edited by Hish; 06-16-2019 at 01:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #42
Brasko
#LSBM3
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Garage List
Loving the green and gray colors.

/// M3
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #43
LexProf
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hish View Post
I believe it is not possible that any manufacturer could have two versions of the same color (or any part for that matter). These colors have item codes for a reason.

Regarding your quandary abolutnie two versions of Malachite Green: it looks like on one of the occasions somebody might have confused the color name.
I believe one is called Malachite Green Dark / Malachitgreun Dunkel (S10) and the other just Malachite Green Metallic (205). They have different paint codes. The one in the german video (linked above) is definitely the lighter Malachite Green and the one in the link in a prior post is Malachite Green Dark.

Here is the lighter version (paint code 205):

https://www.arrowheadbmw.com/auto/ne...e-az/35104665/

https://f90.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1503723

http://www.luxuseveloce.com/index2.p...uto=41&lang=uk

And here is the darker more turquoise version (paint code S10):

See page 70 of this PDF https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/at...9&d=1476077245

Last entry on this page http://www.m5portal.com/forum/topic....80&whichpage=2

https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...here-pics.html

Note, the description for this car says "Dunkel" Dark:

Most of the press cars I have seen these days are the lighter version. Haven't gotten around to ordering one, so I haven't confirmed the paint codes with anyone at my dealer.

Last edited by LexProf; 06-16-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 12:12 PM   #44
Brake_Late
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 FIREORANGE2

Feelin the green since at least 09'
🚆🏁🏎💥⚡️🔥🏁
Attached Images

BMWPhotoVin, 01of01, GTS DCT, EPS, MDM,
CS EDC,Analog Dip ,GTS parts.
Euro Vin e30 M3, FIA cage / 14.7 p / w ratio.
Euro E30 touring G30 MSport i3s LBB X5M
3.2carrera

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClRTsfNzuz_EjUBu59UCykA
Appreciate 0