BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 vs...    Porsche 991.2 Turbo S vs F90 M5

04-30-2019, 07:45 PM   #89
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
Ill bet that if you owned one you would sing a different song just like you do with all cars ONCE you have them.

Love you Dean.
Hmmm, no... I don't think you do.

I've no idea why you would label me 'biased'. Seriously, on what do you base it? I speak my mind to the point of irritating others and I often make insanely & blindly-supportive obviously-biased comments (subjective, but they're obvious to me) in the name of sarcasm, e.g. Comp vs Base discussions... to me, that's all banter.

I have often commented that my M5's interior is 'meh' compared to my AMG's... albeit more functional and satisfying in its performance. I've said similar things of my RS7's aging interior and certainly of its transmission (all were comments made at the time I owned them). I criticize without bias where I feel it's deserved. I compliment using the same philosophy (well, I sure as hell try).

So here's that same philosophy: you make a habit of sarcastically-disguised but nonetheless obvious jabs--I don't usually care but this one irritates me because it's the one thing that I see everywhere on the forums that truly annoys me and it's the one that I try so hard to *not* be and yet...
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 08:06 PM   #90
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Quote:
im such a tard, I totally forgot about that over priced version LOL...

Oh btw I hate you and jeremy
And yet, we both love you. Go figure.

TTS is an interesting animal vs the F90. Technowise, the F90 is in a different world, but the TTS has "enough" for me. The PDK with a 5600rpm 2 step makes me laugh every time I use it. My wife loves it. 1.58 sixties on pavement is insane. Icing on the cake is 10.46 at 131mph....that was more than I expected because of the 580hp rating and watching vids of those cars run. It makes perfect sense that Porsche would only pay the EPA, TUV, etc, etc certs for one tune since they were only going to produce 500 Exclusives and even less 2019 TTS's. You don't get in trouble with higher than rated HP. My only gripe is two rattles. One major at the speaker in the A pillar (which I will remove and solve) and one very minor "thump" in the rear like a hose not secured that hits the body over expansion joints that I can live with. I Enjoy driving both.
Appreciate 1
Vic5518962.50
      04-30-2019, 11:15 PM   #91
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
im such a tard, I totally forgot about that over priced version LOL...

Oh btw I hate you and jeremy
You don't because you can jump into one any time you want - but you are currently experiencing other cars since already having a Turbo S. My point is you are doing just fine Vic lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post
My oh my, that's one pretty car. I don't think I've ever said this before but it's really, really pretty... until you get inside it (a first time for everything I guess).

The interior is a bit meh to me but I'd live.
I have to tell you - I LOVE the interior. It is such a nice place to be. I agree with Vic - driving one will likely change your opinion.

Quote:
Ill bet that if you owned one you would sing a different song just like you do with all cars ONCE you have them.

Love you Dean.
^Correct.
Appreciate 1
Vic5518962.50
      04-30-2019, 11:20 PM   #92
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:

I've no idea why you would label me 'biased'. Seriously, on what do you base it? I speak my mind to the point of irritating others and I often make insanely & blindly-supportive obviously-biased comments (subjective, but they're obvious to me) in the name of sarcasm, e.g. Comp vs Base discussions... to me, that's all banter.

I have often commented that my M5's interior is 'meh' compared to my AMG's... albeit more functional and satisfying in its performance. I've said similar things of my RS7's aging interior and certainly of its transmission (all were comments made at the time I owned them). I criticize without bias where I feel it's deserved. I compliment using the same philosophy (well, I sure as hell try).

So here's that same philosophy: you make a habit of sarcastically-disguised but nonetheless obvious jabs--I don't usually care but this one irritates me because it's the one thing that I see everywhere on the forums that truly annoys me and it's the one that I try so hard to *not* be and yet...
LP - I don't think there is any jabbing. Liking something is subjective. I like the E63S interior in pictures - blown away actually - and did not like it in real life. I love my M5 CE interior - likely because it is more old school. I do think it takes being in a car for a bit to know for sure. And for the record I do not think you are biased. I am not either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post

TTS is an interesting animal vs the F90. Technowise, the F90 is in a different world, but the TTS has "enough" for me. The PDK with a 5600rpm 2 step makes me laugh every time I use it. My wife loves it. 1.58 sixties on pavement is insane. Icing on the cake is 10.46 at 131mph....that was more than I expected because of the 580hp rating and watching vids of those cars run. It makes perfect sense that Porsche would only pay the EPA, TUV, etc, etc certs for one tune since they were only going to produce 500 Exclusives and even less 2019 TTS's. You don't get in trouble with higher than rated HP. My only gripe is two rattles. One major at the speaker in the A pillar (which I will remove and solve) and one very minor "thump" in the rear like a hose not secured that hits the body over expansion joints that I can live with. I Enjoy driving both.
^Well said. Tech is less - less creature comforts (massage seats) - but there is something special about the Turbo S - maybe its differences - that make it stand out to me. I love both - but they are very different cars for me and make me feel very differently when driving them (which I think is a good thing). I have been lucky - at least so far - with no noises that I can hear anyway. I have a preliminary review on Rennlist.
Appreciate 3
limeypride4418.50
onfireX53616.50
Vic5518962.50
      04-30-2019, 11:30 PM   #93
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Quote:

LP - I don't think there is any jabbing. Liking something is subjective. I like the E63S interior in pictures - blown away actually - and did not like it in real life. I love my M5 CE interior - likely because it is more old school. I do think it takes being in a car for a bit to know for sure. And for the record I do not think you are biased. I am not either.

Quote:

^Well said. Tech is less - less creature comforts (massage seats) - but there is something special about the Turbo S - maybe its differences - that make it stand out to me. I love both - but they are very different cars for me and make me feel very differently when driving them (which I think is a good thing). I have been lucky - at least so far - with no noises that I can hear anyway. I have a preliminary review on Rennlist.
991.2 interior always shocks me when I get in them. Interior does nothing for me in pics but feels great when you sit in it as long as it's specced with full leather.

992 interior had the same effect btw, pics are awful. Felt excellent in person (other than the stupid shiny plastic on the center console which is awful. Felt like the cheap haptic plastic in caddy's but with no haptic buttons)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 11:38 PM   #94
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post
991.2 interior always shocks me when I get in them. Interior does nothing for me in pics but feels great when you sit in it as long as it's specced with full leather.

992 interior had the same effect btw, pics are awful. Felt excellent in person (other than the stupid shiny plastic on the center console which is awful. Felt like the cheap haptic plastic in caddy's but with no haptic buttons)
Good post.

As I said in my write-up - one of the reasons why I went 991.2 versus waiting for the 992 was the 992's interior. I do not like it (but being fair - from pictures). I think it was a mistake to not at least frame the digital gauges (which are from the 70's 911 Porsche), the tiny shifter that looks like a shaver was a mistake - and I feel the shiny plastic makes the car look too gadgety for a Porsche and somewhat cheap. I do like the 992 exterior though (mostly). Front and sides are great. Rear - I am not sure about the single tail light, I like the hips being more rounded, the rear window does not taper in like it does on the 991 so the extra width is not as noticeable, and the non-Turbo cars have the exhaust spaced out (which I believe looks better). I have a feeling the last of the analog gauges 911 may add some value in time.
Appreciate 1
onfireX53616.50
      05-01-2019, 06:54 AM   #95
onfireX5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90M5,F85X5M

Porsche HAS to fix the toggle shifter and shiny plastic. Neither belongs.
Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      05-01-2019, 08:46 AM   #96
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:

All good, no malicious intent intended at all. Remember, as you stated, these are forums, which often lack tone and true definition. I would have hoped after all our PM's, emails, and private discussions where we have sought each other out for help that you might have inferred my response in a different light. I missed that here and for that I apologize.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black

Last edited by Vic55; 05-01-2019 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 10:30 AM   #97
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW View Post

Good post.

As I said in my write-up - one of the reasons why I went 991.2 versus waiting for the 992 was the 992's interior. I do not like it (but being fair - from pictures). I think it was a mistake to not at least frame the digital gauges (which are from the 70's 911 Porsche), the tiny shifter that looks like a shaver was a mistake - and I feel the shiny plastic makes the car look too gadgety for a Porsche and somewhat cheap. I do like the 992 exterior though (mostly). Front and sides are great. Rear - I am not sure about the single tail light, I like the hips being more rounded, the rear window does not taper in like it does on the 991 so the extra width is not as noticeable, and the non-Turbo cars have the exhaust spaced out (which I believe looks better). I have a feeling the last of the analog gauges 911 may add some value in time.
Quote:
I think most will be pleasantly surprised with 992 interior in person. It really did make the 991 feel a bit outdated. Even the nubbin shifter didn't bother me in the flesh... just the stupid plastic around it. Otherwise the interior felt very high quality.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #98
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

All good, no malicious intent intended at all. Remember, as you stated, these are forums, which often lack tone and true definition. I would have hoped after all our PM's, emails, and private discussions where we have sought each other out for help that you might have inferred my response in a different light. I missed that here and for that I apologize.
Back at ya, apologies; perhaps it's my time of the month (sorry ladies but it fits).
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 12:39 PM   #99
vtknight
Major
Rep

^I'm feeling the love. That is all I know...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 01:00 PM   #100
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Stay out of this J- LP is all mine

Appreciate 1
vtknight966.50
      05-01-2019, 02:00 PM   #101
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, back off bitch! I'm all Vic's... wait, what?!?
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:10 PM   #102
vtknight
Major
Rep

Quote:
*Moves slowly away...
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:12 PM   #103
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
*Moves slowly away...
LOL!

// apologies to OP; back to our regularly scheduled programming
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2019, 02:34 PM   #104
burgbruh
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 4.4TT

Quote:
First impressions since I drove the TTS home Thursday and had rotator cuff surgery Friday. One arm driving rules !!

TTS exhaust will never sound as good as the F90 with res delete. Can't beat the V8 rumble.

TTS on my scales is 3570lbs. 700 lbs lighter than the F90. You can really feel that weight drop on the back roads. The S is more nimble, turn in is quicker, etc. Awesome handling ride. I like it much better than the Z06 I had.

F90 interior finish is soo nice, I rate them equal.

F90 is quieter cruising and rides a bit softer.

TTS is a bit lower, but is easy to access.

TTS sitting position surprised me. I'm 6'3" and it is VERY comfortable . Great visibility . MUCH better than the Z06 and equal to the F90.

TTS is the best Sports Car I have ever owned, F90 is the best Sports Saloon I've ever owned.

TTS glitch is the Auto Engine Stop defaults to On on every key cycle. Have to turn it off, buy a module or turn on Sport each time to keep the engine running...sorry programming.. X3 loaner I had did the same thing.

Dragy Shootout Times soon. Gut feel is the stock TTS is slightly quicker than the RaceChip F90....but not by much.
Well Said! I had a TTS (991.1) so much fun on the track tho, I slightly preferred my
F12 on the track. Much more in like a lion and out like a lamb. The TTS may be the best car i've owned overall...but the M5C....damn close
2019 488 Pista (sold)
gone girl: 2018 488 Spider,2012 458 Spider,2014 F12,2014 911 TTS,other stuff...
Appreciate 2
onfireX53616.50
vtknight966.50
      05-02-2019, 05:45 AM   #105
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

The 911 TTS is an amazing piece of kit. The 4WS, PTS+ and the aerotrickery make it something so damn stable and comfortable with speed, that the car is almost not scary for the power. The backend is a little loose though in some circunstances. I got to drive the TTS multiple times, always came close to buying, but never pulled the trigger due to the price not making me comfortable to spend that much in a car. Nevertheless I have to say it is an amazing piece of kit. Worth every god damn penny.

That been said, today I think the 991.2 and 992 Porsches are so damn fast, that I don't know if I would go for the TTS or go for a GTS when purchasing a 911. The performance difference is almost irrelevant nowadays, and I am sure a GTS is probably more fun if you opt for the RWD.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2019, 09:24 PM   #106
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

confused.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 08:57 AM   #107
2011zx10R
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:

10.4 That's insane... That thing must punch you in the gut with a hard launch!

Congrats on the Porsche!
Appreciate 1
onfireX53616.50
      05-06-2019, 08:22 PM   #108
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Did look around and found only one near me.
It was convertible but boy was it loaded with options $238K OUCH
to be honest I rather get 600LT I believe better car for about the same money.
Attached Images

05-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #109
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
What 600 costs close to 238k msrp- I think they will drop in typical Maca style to that number down the road but the majority have msrp's over this price point. What was on that 238k car? I dont even see an aero kit and that is almost always on a car at that level of msrp?

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search..._FORM&zc=92808

And while the prices on the 600 are negotiable so is that over priced cab for sure. That dealer will be stuck with that car for a long time unless they cut some of the front (11%) and even move into their holdback.

Last edited by Vic55; 05-07-2019 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2019, 10:00 AM   #110
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko M View Post
What 600 costs close to 238k msrp- I think they will drop in typical Maca style to that number down the road but the majority have msrp's over this price point. What was on that 238k car? I dont even see an aero kit and that is almost always on a car at that level of msrp?

https://www.cars.com/for-sale/search...M&zc=92808

And while the prices on the 600 are negotiable so is that over priced cab for sure. That dealer will be stuck with that car for a long time unless they cut some of the front (11%) and even move into their holdback.
I know, I saw one used with only 500mil for 249K