BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis    Rear Caliber Tool

02-08-2023, 01:44 PM   #23
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post

Carbotech is making pads for us now? Or did you custom order? Wanna let me in on that?

Carbotechs will NOT come with any backing. Suggest a titanium shim with some antisqual for you.

Shawn
titanium shim??? you have a link to any that work for our car?
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2023, 09:57 PM   #24
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I tried to use BimmerLink this evening and the brake service was not an option. Is there a certain operating procedure?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 06:53 AM   #25
WayneM3
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90M5

I do remember there being some kind of warning about only using one of a few OBDII adaptors. I just connected my car and this is what I see. You can also see that it says it didn't work but you can hear the motors turning so I don't understand that.

This
is the adapter that I purchased based on their recomendation.

I am sorry about the large pictures but I don't know how to resize them when posting from my phone.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 09:40 AM   #26
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneM3 View Post
I do remember there being some kind of warning about only using one of a few OBDII adaptors. I just connected my car and this is what I see. You can also see that it says it didn't work but you can hear the motors turning so I don't understand that.

This
is the adapter that I purchased based on their recomendation.

I am sorry about the large pictures but I don't know how to resize them when posting from my phone.

I have the MX+. It's weird as the only thing missing is the brake service. The one thing I need.
Appreciate 1
shawnhayes1834.00
      02-10-2023, 10:36 AM   #27
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
I have the MX+. It's weird as the only thing missing is the brake service. The one thing I need.
But for $79. I think I have the MX+ as well. Looks like the credit card will be getting another burn.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 11:42 AM   #28
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
But for $79. I think I have the MX+ as well. Looks like the credit card will be getting another burn.

Shawn
I reached out to Bimmerlink. They sent me a TestFlight invitation for a Beta. Now all works. Stated they will update the App store version soon. It may not be an issue for you.
Appreciate 1
shawnhayes1834.00
      02-10-2023, 11:58 AM   #29
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
I reached out to Bimmerlink. They sent me a TestFlight invitation for a Beta. Now all works. Stated they will update the App store version soon. It may not be an issue for you.
I'm on my fifth track event on February 24th. These are the ORIGINAL pads. I might reach out for the beta if they have not updated it yet.

Shawn
Appreciate 1
PDOT133.00
      02-10-2023, 12:29 PM   #30
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm on my fifth track event on February 24th. These are the ORIGINAL pads. I might reach out for the beta if they have not updated it yet.

Shawn
I plan on doing some events further away from home, so I want to make sure I can do these trackside if needed.

Do you have any info on titanium shim for our cars?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2023, 04:48 PM   #31
shawnhayes
Major
Rep

Quote:
I plan on doing some events further away from home, so I want to make sure I can do these trackside if needed.

Do you have any info on titanium shim for our cars?
Can't find exact ones so far, but EBC makes pads for ours, they make shims. One would think....

I was looking for small titanium stock to just shove in there with no hookup to the pad. But I'd have to custom cut it (which I CAN do, but it'd be rough cuts, but who cares).

My plan would be to call EBC if I was you. Otherwise, carbotechs are going to squeal like a long tail cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 04:35 AM   #32
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Just a heads up on which OBD scanner is needed for full function of Bimmerlink. I bought a Veepeak BLE, not even the + version, and with the TestFlight beta loaded I now have the parking brake icon as well as a transmission adaptation icon.

I first reached out to Veepeak to ask about the lack of the parking brake service mode and received a reply very quickly telling me their scanner should be functional and to check with Bimmerlink. When I did they sent the TestFlight invite. It expires in 87 days and I hope at the end Bimmerlink will update the app in general release.
Appreciate 0