BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    CSF x RK Autowerks NEW F90 M5 & F92 M8 High-Performance Charge Coolers

11-24-2021, 09:13 AM   #45
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Also, interested in knowing if the F1x model will get an model with integrated charge pipes.
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 10:30 PM   #46
Genius
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW F90 M5C, e39 M5, E30 M3

What is the weight of the coolers?
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2021, 11:50 PM   #47
TinCanSailor
Fueled by Recycled Dinosaurs!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F06 M6

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genius View Post
What is the weight of the coolers?
I have seen shipping weight of 15lbs each but RKAutowerks has the following dimensions, 26 × 21 × 11 in and 33lbs.

https://www.rkautowerks.com/index.ph...harge-coolers/
2015 F06 M6 Silverstone Metallic II, Individual Full Leather, B&O, Night Vision, CCB, RKAutowerks Forged Rods/Pistons & E85 DI Exhaust Cams,Carbon Fiber CAI & Billet Diff Brace, Infinity Design CF Turbo Inlets, Swaintech Coated DPs, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, JB4, XHP S3 Flash, Bootmod3
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2022, 06:16 AM   #48
AUSX5M
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSF Cooling View Post

CSF is proud to release the world's first and industry exclusive BMW F90 M5/F92 M8 High-Performance Charge Coolers – developed alongside long-time R&D partners RK Autowerks.

• World's 1st and Industry Exclusive Cast End Tank Designed High-Performance Charge-Air-Cooler Set for the BMW F90 M5 & F92 M8
• Custom Designed CSF Liquid-To-Air Intercooler Core (CFD Analysis and Testing Completed to Ensure Optimal Performance)
• ~100% Increase in Core Volume Per Each Charge Cooler Compared to the OEM Charge Air Coolers
• 1-Piece Seamless Air Inlet End Tanks with Integrated Charge Pipes
• Integrated E85/Methanol Injection Ports Built into Air Outlet End Tank (Dual 1/8 NPT Ports Per Cooler)
• Complete with OEM-Style "Quick Connect" Water Connections and Sensor Ports
• Designed with 3D Scanning/Rapid Prototype Technology to Ensure Precise Fitment and Maximum Surface Area Utilization
• "Drop-In Fit" Design with No Modifications Necessary
• Finished with a Professional "Crinkle Black" Powder-Coated Finish (CSF #8178), Also Available in Raw Aluminum Finish with Option for Custom Powder-Coating Available (Inquire for More Details on Lead Time and Pricing)
• Lifetime Warranty
• Sold As A Complete Set With Left/Right Charge-Air Coolers + Installation Hardware
• Significantly Reduces Intake Air Temperatures (IATs), Improves 60-130MPH Time By ~0.30 Seconds
• Fits:
2016-2021 BMW F90 M5 (Sedan)
2017-2021 BMW F91 M8 (Convertible)
2017-2021 BMW F92 M8 (Coupe)
2018-2021 BMW F93 M8 (Gran Coupe)

For more information: https://csfrace.com/f90-m5-f92-m8-hi...harge-coolers/

For more information: https://csfrace.com/f90-m5-f92-m8-hi...harge-coolers/
Any idea how much work it'll take to fit this to a 2022 x5m
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 11:51 PM   #49
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

What's the feedback on the aux radiators? We're temp recordings ever shared?

I'm trying to understand if the main radiator or the aux coolers will do more to dissipate heat in stop and go traffic.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2023, 04:43 PM   #50
masonh
United_States
Rep
Drives: mb

Install looks pretty simple and I like the ide, but my IAT are so low on this car with the air intake kit and no cats. They stay around 100*
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 09:05 PM   #51
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

If your IAT are around 100F at the end of a 10 second full throttle pull in 90F weather, then you are doing great and the fancy IC won’t add anything noticeable. Some reports are that they make a noticeable improvement only on cars modded to the built motor level. Others say they won’t help much unless you increase the coolant capacity and heat exchanger capacity.

Alternative or additional mods to consider are water meth injection. This has the added advantage of increasing octane, which allows the motor to hit the timing targets in hot weather and/or allows a little more boost without risk of detonation. Another alternative is a FIchillervir similar refrigerator that ties into your AC system for the intercooler coolant.

The install on the CSF coolers is a bit of a pain. They are about 2x the size of the stock ones so space is tight. You have to pull the radiator cover, cross bar, angle braces, air filter boxes and turbo inlet plumbing, etc. The coolant hoses on the stock ICs may be a little stuck and space is limited to get the lower hoses onto the new ICs. Dealing with the coolant is messy if you don’t drain down, but draining down takes some work and is messy also though the mess is lower down in the engine bay.

I have water meth injection and the CSF coolers. Will probably do the higher capacity coolant heat exchangers at some point. Tempted by the FIchiller or similar refrigerator but need to look into winter use since aI drive year round in an area that is below freezing most of the time for several months.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2023, 10:55 PM   #52
Dasky_spas
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I've called like 6 shops already and only 1 will do the wmi install. Sadly they want like 5k to install the kit.

Any recs for wmi install in NJ/NYC area?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 07:06 AM   #53
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

That must be a very fancy WMI system you want to install. A BMS kit with JB4/FSB and nylon line can be installed in a day if you have never installed one before, and maybe as little as half that if you have done one on an F90 before.

Installing the same kit with a trunk mount tank and braided steel lined custom fit with the installer cutting and terminating all the ends. Would double those times. I installed my BMS JB4/FSB kit with nylon lines and tank and pump under the hood a couple of years ago, but am in the process of changing to a trunk mount tank and all custom fit braided lines right now. There are pre-made lines I could have bought to make the job easier but I had not seen any pictures or details of an install so I was not sure what lengths I needed or what ends would work best.

I don’t live in that area, but read good things about Maximum Psi years ago when they were active in the E36 Turbo stuff and I was more into mine.
Appreciate 0