BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    1000HP Stage 3 F90 M5 w/ CSF and Eventuri

03-30-2021, 11:32 AM   #67
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Mixed results

Does this mean that the only viable source for forged motor is Carbahn?
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 05:31 PM   #68
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
Does this mean that the only viable source for forged motor is Carbahn?
I've been looking at their stuff too. Carbahn now sells a built bottom end for those with good motors. Still expensive, but not nearly as bad as a full build with a blown motor. Plus, compared to what some of us spend on wheels/aesthetics/suspension the built bottom end is not that bad to be honest.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 11:05 AM   #69
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

In agreement 100%. The logistics of getting this done seems to be the next big step. Anyone on the forum have any experience with Carbahn's engine work?
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 12:58 PM   #70
Skyman2345
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
I am curious as to what causes the drivetrain errors on these builds. Did you by chance read any codes when it goes into limp mode (misfires, lean/rich, boost issues)?

On other models, BMW has an asinine system that disconnects the alternator at full throttle to save a whopping 4 horsepower.... To bad it drops your voltage from 14.7 to 11ish after being at full throttle for a bit. 3 volts on the battery is equal about 9000 volts on the spark plugs, greatly increasing the chances for misfires at high boost on tuned engines.

Again not sure if the F90 has this same issue as other models and its probably a much more complex issue with the drive train errors then something so simple as low voltage BUT why not eliminate the easiest variables first plus its so easy to test: Turn your blower to full speed and make a run and floor it right to the kickdown switch but not completely. Turning on your Blower to its highest setting on previous gens will increase voltage as it overrides the "intelligent" battery system so the alternator is engaged all the time and not just in coasting or braking or when the voltage drops below 11.

TLDR Version: Turn your blower to highest setting, floor it but don't hit the kickdown switch. See if it effects limp mode

I had misfires, overboost, running lean, about 20+ codes. I have them all saved and could share. RK could not figure it out and kicked me to the curb, thus why I am in litigation.
2002 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 12:59 PM   #71
Skyman2345
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
In agreement 100%. The logistics of getting this done seems to be the next big step. Anyone on the forum have any experience with Carbahn's engine work?
Yes, I have a Carbahn engine in my M6. Runs fine. I had a shop that wasnt good with performance stuff do the other work and it had to get tuning and other issues worked out.
2002 M3
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2021, 05:13 PM   #72
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman2345 View Post
Yes, I have a Carbahn engine in my M6. Runs fine. I had a shop that wasnt good with performance stuff do the other work and it had to get tuning and other issues worked out.
Good to hear that. Did Carbahn offer any assistance to ease with transition from the existing setup to your new engine. Do you feel that the upgrade was worth it to you? Performance?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 03:31 AM   #73
Uwish
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 LCI2

we are adding an interchiller.... So heat wont be a problem.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #74
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6

Quote:
RK Autowerks is a complete scam. ( I dont say that lightly) Spent $45k for my full motor build and a car that runs .1 faster than bone stock w/ a JB4 and WMI kit.

Have filed suit against Raza Khalid / RK. He had till last Friday to respond. Have 6 other people joining with more suits due to fault/fraudulent engine builds. Guy has even swapped blocks from a M5 to a 550i block on someone..

Avoid him. BTW 1000hp vs 600hp isnt a .3 improvement.

Here's the full story with Raza trying to defend himself and then fully being caught lying multiple times. Refusing to help with BOTH my cars he did and came out not running.

Saying my car ran a 4.63 60-130 reliably then I showed my text ( on the forum link below) from him admitting it made 1/11 runs properly and had total drivetrain failures every other time and broke up.

Sad there's so many scammers in the industry. So many people have come out of the woodwork with horror stories.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/f10m...77205942528916

See the whole story above. There is a reason he only takes wire transfers.
So other than you reading out codes, have you done anything to help figure this out or just bitch and moan online? You bought a 1k setup did you do any research on 1000hp BMW F90's before you went down this rabbit hole. Hell only a handle full of F90's even have what you have I can count them on 1 hand. Don't you also have the 1st or 2nd fastest F90 on Draggy or something in the USA. Did you or someone do a leakdown, smoke test, looked at plugs, meth flowing, taken it to a mechanic? I'm sure you have documented all your back n forth and taken your car to a shop to be looked at right? What have YOU done to diagnose the issues you say you're having. I read your post and all you did was complain. With that kind of power you have, you're not going to have stock reliability, or did you think you could just peddle to floor at 2000rpm.

If you haven't had anything done diagnoses wise, then what did you expect them to do? Send a tow truck based on the notion you said something is wrong when it may not have anything to do with what they did? That seems a bit unreasonable. You as the owner should atleast help the shop with diagnoses, did you do this?
14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2021, 05:23 PM   #75
mrgicm
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by induc916 View Post
So other than you reading out codes, have you done anything to help figure this out or just bitch and moan online? You bought a 1k setup did you do any research on 1000hp BMW F90's before you went down this rabbit hole. Hell only a handle full of F90's even have what you have I can count them on 1 hand. Don't you also have the 1st or 2nd fastest F90 on Draggy or something in the USA. Did you or someone do a leakdown, smoke test, looked at plugs, meth flowing, taken it to a mechanic? I'm sure you have documented all your back n forth and taken your car to a shop to be looked at right? What have YOU done to diagnose the issues you say you're having. I read your post and all you did was complain. With that kind of power you have, you're not going to have stock reliability, or did you think you could just peddle to floor at 2000rpm.

If you haven't had anything done diagnoses wise, then what did you expect them to do? Send a tow truck based on the notion you said something is wrong when it may not have anything to do with what they did? That seems a bit unreasonable. You as the owner should atleast help the shop with diagnoses, did you do this?
For 45k$ he is not suppose to do a damn thing other than sit in his car, turn key and run it properly without drivetrain errors and safe mode couple of times a day.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 02:40 PM   #76
Quinn A
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:

Dude what, he spent close to $50k. Do you think like UGR lamboes go through the same issues or drive like stock but much faster? Come on this isnt a DSM pieced together in a shed from junkyard parts.
2022 Cayenne Turbo coupe Catless/ Tune
2022 Huracan STO
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 06:49 PM   #77
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn A View Post
Dude what, he spent close to $50k. Do you think like UGR lamboes go through the same issues or drive like stock but much faster? Come on this isnt a DSM pieced together in a shed from junkyard parts.
What are you expecting, a tow truck to be sent out just because you say there is an issue. What happens if its not the issue of the builder and something else? Bad Injector, Bad Fuel, Bad Spark plugs? Clogged Meth Nozzle. Why couldn't he at the very minimum go to a mechanic to get a diagnosis? I would assume if he took it to a mechanic got a diagnosis and it turned out to be an issue with RK they would take care of it. Or if *he shipped it back to RK and it turned out to be their issue they would cover the transport at that point too. Instead of expecting the builder to ship it back to them on their dime. My point is he didn't do shit to help the situation except bitch and just expected people to roll out the red carpet for him.

Maybe I'm different no matter how much money I spend I don't expect shit from anyone. And I try and figure things out on my own before asking for help.
Oh and I would have flown in and test drove before picking up / shipping back.
14 M6 Sakhir Coupe | RK Autowerks Built Motor | G25-660 | Snow Performance Meth | RK DP | 4mm bored throttle bodies | SSP-X | SSP Trans Pan | RK Billet Diff Mount | DSS Axles | Rkautowerks carbon charge pipes | CSF Intercoolers |Akro exhaust | Gapped Plugs |RK intakes | 900whp/930wtq

Last edited by induc916; 04-08-2021 at 06:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 03:43 PM   #78
RuskiFiver
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

I’m not going to get into Skyler’s issues because that’s none of my business.

Sorry for not posting in a while. I was personally extremely bummed out over the last few weeks because my car was down. I discovered an issue with my EWG on bank two that wasn’t operating correctly. Car was running on a single turbo and was going limp. Took 2 weeks to get the part in and just picked up the car yesterday. It’s finally running solid without a single issue. I’ll do a few pulls this weekend to run some numbers.

Also ugr charges you 6 figures plus lol so let’s not compare and they blow their motors all the time. I know the local AF1 lambo 3000hp and they replace all the internals after each event.
Appreciate 2
Mcc420475.00
      04-10-2021, 03:49 PM   #79
RuskiFiver
Enlisted Member
Rep

The drivetrain error is from the EWG not being set correctly or not handling the higher boost. There is a way to bypass it, we just figured out by running an external controller (no my m5).
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 05:29 PM   #80
Skyman2345
Rep

Quote:

Sorry you want to come in here and come at me for this. No reason too. But the draggy numbers are false. The car fails on 11/12 draggy runs and cannot complete a quarter mile. I am not here to defend myself. If you want to have RK build an engine go do it. Have fun.
2002 M3
Appreciate 2
euro*1657.50
Jocko78103.50
      04-11-2021, 05:32 PM   #81
Skyman2345
Rep

Quote:
What are you expecting, a tow truck to be sent out just because you say there is an issue. What happens if its not the issue of the builder and something else? Bad Injector, Bad Fuel, Bad Spark plugs? Clogged Meth Nozzle. Why couldn't he at the very minimum go to a mechanic to get a diagnosis? I would assume if he took it to a mechanic got a diagnosis and it turned out to be an issue with RK they would take care of it. Or if *he shipped it back to RK and it turned out to be their issue they would cover the transport at that point too. Instead of expecting the builder to ship it back to them on their dime. My point is he didn't do shit to help the situation except bitch and just expected people to roll out the red carpet for him.

Maybe I'm different no matter how much money I spend I don't expect shit from anyone. And I try and figure things out on my own before asking for help.
Oh and I would have flown in and test drove before picking up / shipping back.

Restraining myself from being a jerk to you like you are to me. Both my cars came back from RK and both INSTANTLY had severe issues. He refused to pay for return shipping, for diagnosis or anything. He began blaming me immediately. I've been around the block a few times and can sniff a scammer. But of course I gave him every benefit of the doubt and kept trying and he made me 1000% sure he's full of crap.

On top of it, 9 other people with fucked up 1000hp builds have contacted me. Sounds like a trend to me.

Question is why are you defending him? Just an angry keyboard jocky? Chill man, I don't fight online.

I filed a Lawsuit were in litigation. RK is being exposed, so many people have been screwed by him.

Oh ya he admits he gets interns to build the engines that aren't getting paid btw.
2002 M3
Appreciate 2
euro*1657.50
      04-11-2021, 08:58 PM   #82
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Restraining myself from being a jerk to you like you are to me. Both my cars came back from RK and both INSTANTLY had severe issues. He refused to pay for return shipping, for diagnosis or anything. He began blaming me immediately. I've been around the block a few times and can sniff a scammer. But of course I gave him every benefit of the doubt and kept trying and he made me 1000% sure he's full of crap.

On top of it, 9 other people with fucked up 1000hp builds have contacted me. Sounds like a trend to me.

Question is why are you defending him? Just an angry keyboard jocky? Chill man, I don't fight online.

I filed a Lawsuit were in litigation. RK is being exposed, so many people have been screwed by him.

Oh ya he admits he gets interns to build the engines that aren't getting paid btw.

So I just want to confirm you've done nothing to figure out what's wrong with your car but you've had enough time to come on here and bitch. Has it been to a mechanic lets start with that? If not go take it to a mechanic and then come back and tell us what's wrong with the car atleast the story will be better at that point.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2021, 09:07 PM   #83
Skyman2345
Rep

Quote:
So I just want to confirm you've done nothing to figure out what's wrong with your car but you've had enough time to come on here and bitch. Has it been to a mechanic lets start with that? If not go take it to a mechanic and then come back and tell us what's wrong with the car atleast the story will be better at that point.
Thats all in progress. If your car is great, why do you care? Both my cars are in progress and many things are being found worse than expected even. Not even gonna get into a back and forth with you, its completely pointless. Try being a nicer person, it would benefit you more than anyone else. I only speak tough to people in person, you should try that on.
2002 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 02:08 AM   #84
BrntRubber
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 991 Speedster and F90 M5

Quote:
Thats all in progress. If your car is great, why do you care? Both my cars are in progress and many things are being found worse than expected even. Not even gonna get into a back and forth with you, its completely pointless. Try being a nicer person, it would benefit you more than anyone else. I only speak tough to people in person, you should try that on.
Skyman,
I don't know you man, but I like you. Too many keyboard tough guys lol and what at absolute twat.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 07:01 AM   #85
Skyman2345
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrntRubber View Post
Skyman,
I don't know you man, but I like you. Too many keyboard tough guys lol and what at absolute twat.
Thanks man. No point in fighting online. Raza sends guys like this to any thread thats critical of him a lot. Maybe its even him? lol. idk, in all seriousness it just ruins threads and forums, maybe that was his goal.
2002 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 12:46 PM   #86
induc916
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I'm not speaking tough to you or pounding my chest like some alpha silver back sitting behind a keyboard. I'm just being direct and maybe that's hurting your "feelings" or ego/pride. I would ask you the same question if you were in front of me because all I'm trying to do is get to the bottom of what's really wrong with your car instead of hearing you bitch and moan like a little kid. Maybe it has a boost leak and that's why it isn't performing? But what I do know is you're bashing a company without getting all your facts first (what's really wrong with the car)

You know similar to what you did with Carbahn | Mission Performance | DME Tuning ---- All thrown under the bus

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1586970

"Mission performance... that maybe the issue. My clutches failed though so I am addressing that first now."

"DME tuning tune it but it wouldn't make much power. I gave up and had it brought back. "

Enjoyable thread to say the least. So I'll leave you with this because honestly I don't give two shits about your car / money you lost or anything else in this thread other than finding out what the actual cause of issue your car is having.

"Its those wanting to push the envelope further that run into complications." --- Skyman ---- isn't that what you wanted with this F90 to push the envelope?

Last edited by induc916; 04-12-2021 at 01:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 12:51 PM   #87
Skyman2345
Rep

Quote:
I'm not speaking tough to you or pounding my chest like some alpha silver back sitting behind a keyboard. I'm just being direct and maybe that's hurting your "feelings" or ego/pride after. I would ask you the same question if you were in front of me because all i'm trying to do is get to the bottom of what's really wrong with your car instead of hearing you bitch and moan like a little kid. Maybe it has a boost leak and thats why it isn't performing? But what I do know is you're bashing a company without getting all your facts first (what's really wrong with the car)

You know similar to what you did with Carbahn | Mission Performance | DME Tuning ---- All thrown under the bus

https://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1586970

"Mission performance... that maybe the issue. My clutches failed though so I am addressing that first now."

"DME tuning tune it but it wouldn't make much power. I gave up and had it brought back. "

Enjoyable thread to say the least. So I'll leave you with this because honestly I don't give two shits about your car / money you lost or anything else in this thread other than finding out what the actual cause of issue your car is having.

"Its those wanting to push the envelope further that run into complications." --- Skyman ---- isn't that what you wanted with this F90 to push the envelope?

All the best to you friend. You'll get the details when everyone else does. And it was the shop I was at before that blamed Mission/Dme, turned out no one figured the cats were clogged and plugs were screwed up.

This go around is the car came home rolled off the trailer (both cars) and couldnt go around the block w/ out major issues.

I deeply appreciate your concern. Maybe just pull the aggressive undertones next time around. xoxo
2002 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 02:56 PM   #88
RuskiFiver
Enlisted Member
Rep

I mean, you can always start your own post on the forum... Not sure why you jumped on mine when the original poster is not even RK but CSF. I'm not going to bash Raza, and I'm not going to say the build was perfect. I will say that I have zero issues with the engine. I had it tested/inspected by Parts Score in Scottsdale and by Lusso Motorsports also in Scottsdale. All my issues have been either electronic 2020 ECU bullshit or tuning issues. Considering that we are the "first" in the country to push the car to this limit will come with issues. It's not like you are buying a Calvo 65k motor build that has been tested on 30+ other cars or UGR 200k full turbo build with a warranty.

All of the issues that I have had with my car have been electronic or tune-related because of electronics (2020 ECU). My car finally runs solid as fuck and consistently doing the same power over and over. I also invested a lot of time trying to figure this out. Driving it every other midnight, logging it, adjusting it, doing research, and talking to all shops trying to figure everything out.

No errors, no codes. I can do this all day long. This is just a base map on 91pump at about 29psi. - "omg but that's just a stage 2 tune" - Yes it is, you are pushing your car to that limit running on some kind of Ethanol mix. I can do this all day long on the pump and then turn it up to 36psi on race fuel.

Last edited by RuskiFiver; 04-12-2021 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 3