BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    AFE Air Scoops paired with BMC drop in filters + Dinan Turbo Inlets

08-20-2022, 05:36 PM   #1
imolaa_m5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M5 Competition

AFE Air Scoops paired with BMC drop in filters + Dinan Turbo Inlets

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Project of the day , installed the AFE Air scoops as well as the little red crash bar pop on cover 15 mins job , hopefully should make a nice difference in turbo spool , Ive got this paired with BMC filters stock airbox going into dinan turbo inlets from what I read it's the best bang for your buck air intake system you can do , I blacked out the little silver bolt as well as painted over the AFE logo not advertising for them
Attached Images

08-21-2022, 08:12 PM   #2
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shammbamm View Post
Project of the day , installed the AFE Air scoops as well as the little red crash bar pop on cover 15 mins job , hopefully should make a nice difference in turbo spool , Ive got this paired with BMC filters stock airbox going into dinan turbo inlets from what I read it's the best bang for your buck air intake system you can do , I blacked out the little silver bolt as well as painted over the AFE logo not advertising for them
Notice anything?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 08:13 PM   #3
imolaa_m5
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
Quote:
Notice anything?
With the setup I have def more turbo spool
      08-22-2022, 07:31 AM   #4
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDOT View Post
Quote:
Notice anything?
With the setup I have def more turbo spool
I have everything but the scoops, wondered if that made a difference?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 07:35 AM   #5
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I am curious about the scoops as well. The ram air concept can work at high speeds but I am not sure these do anything on a turbo motor that is already sucking air in from outside the engine bay. There is another company making scoops also that look like they are longer.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 11:09 AM   #6
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2023, 08:25 AM   #7
PetroM5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by imolaa_m5 View Post
I know this is an old thread but I have a question regarding the air scoops and pop on brace covers.

Did you have to modify the brace covers to get the air scoops to clip on the brace or did it just snap on over the covers easily?

I just ordered the same scoops and white pop on covers. Just trying to get an idea if the covers need trimming.
Appreciate 0