BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Potentially looking to get a f90 comp

01-10-2024, 01:10 AM   #1
Rob_BMW_PNW
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i 2011

Potentially looking to get a f90 comp

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello

I've been looking at a boat load of different cars that I could potentially add to my garage

I was looking at x3m comps and f90 m3s as well, but fast cars have ruined me as I had a 750 whp r35 and a v10+ r8 in the past even some bmws (N54 and n55 powered)

F90 seems to be able to make a lot of power and probably more than my gtr with ease

Now I'll admit I haven't done a 'ton' of research as I kind of just decided to look into f90s all I've seen is something about a lphp being iffy

I have always been under the notion that bmw v engines were pretty bad and I've avoided them for a bit til now.

I will most likely be modding it as I can't leave things alone, is the s63 an engine that does fine long term with just 'stage 2' mods (stock turbos), a lot of platforms that I've been in have super high mileage cars that are tuned or have been tuned for long periods of times

Anyone daily drive a modded or heavily modded one? Higher mileage modded ones? What's your experience like? I'm fine with accelerated maintenance like fluids and what not

Anything else I should be looking out for when it comes to outside of warranty mileage?

I'm currently looking at a 2020 m5 comp fully loaded in blue (the color I'm wanting)
Priced at 59k but 42k miles, I'm sure I can talk price down but the mileage seems high for a 2020, like I said I want to do dps and tune so would this be an issue?

I don't mean to ask the most vague questions ever lol

Tia