BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M5 to GTC4 Lusso

04-01-2020, 02:08 PM   #23
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo-Sta07 View Post
Hasn't depreciated yet, I'll never buy a brand new Ferrari unless they gave me an allocation of something truly rare. At this point if I move the M5 here's what I'm thinking:

Ferrari GTC4
BMW M8C
Bentley CGT V8
(Welcome to entertain other suggestions)

This is my daily, I need some what of back seats, mostly to fit girls or children, and a decent boot. I don't care about gas mileage. I'd say my priorities are A. Performance, B. Intrigue, C. Beauty, D. Quality, E., Practicality. Z efficiency.
Neighbor just picked up his new Bentley V8 (vert). Back seats not awful at all for the little ones. Interior is stunning, maybe best in the business right now. Performance is good enough and it makes some nice noises. They are pricey though and bound to be depreciation monsters... not sure you are seeing the new body come up used yet and I wouldn't get the older gen car.

Its a car that feels special though which I like. Different kind of "connection" than what you'd get in a v12 F car but regardless I personally would enjoy the ownership experience. Especially if I had a 458 to scratch that itch when needed

M8GC is nice but the other cars are much more "special" to me.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 02:10 PM   #24
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M8 Competition GC

Quote:
Limey I think that's beautiful. It might be the best looking BMW on sale currently. How do you like it? It's not too similar to M5 I fear?
Glad you like it--I think I might be in love with it.

The tech is familiar in a good way. It turns in better and feels more nimble in general--odd really given that it actually weighs more so I've put that down to the Carbon Core. Performance-wise, I've got it virtually matching my 2020 M5 Comp now (0-60 in sub 2.6s and 1/4 mile in sub 10.5s) so it also has the performance chops to practice what it preaches so to speak. It's also extremely rare and, given the number available in the country, it will probably remain that way for quite some time.

The interior is a significant step-up in both design and the surface materials. The seats are very comfortable but inferior to the M5 in articulation and no massage available. It has a few features that were notably absent from the M5, e.g. Remote Start.

Totally subjectively: the car makes me feel very, very special whenever I drive it. Given that I'm not remotely special , that's quite the achievement!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #25
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
Performance: B+
Intrigue: A-
Beauty: A
Quality: B-
Practicality: B
I drove by some version of the DB11 the other day and it was gorgeous. A V12 is available, the rear seats are probably questionable, but boy it's pretty!
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7835.00
      04-01-2020, 02:21 PM   #26
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ferrari 458, BMW i8, Acura NSX

You've tuned it to achieve those numbers? How'd it perform stock?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 02:28 PM   #27
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You've tuned it to achieve those numbers? How'd it perform stock?
Yes. It has both the Racechip GTS Black and a Burger JB4 simultaneously installed inline with one another. I turn one off from my phone and turn the other one on (I volunteered to put the two side-by-side to attain useful comparison data).

Stock was 2.97 - 3.0xs to 60. 1/4 in 10.9s - low 11s.

I'm traction bound right now since the car came with Pirellis and getting new tires right now isn't a priority or a risk I'm prepared to take. Still, pretty good with sub-optimal shoes.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2020, 03:35 PM   #28
Quickburn7
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Bmw M5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have sports cars. 4 seats is a must for a daily.
What about the new F Roma? Perfect daily, no?
Hasn't depreciated yet, I'll never buy a brand new Ferrari unless they gave me an allocation of something truly rare. At this point if I move the M5 here's what I'm thinking:

Ferrari GTC4
BMW M8C
Bentley CGT V8

This is my daily, I need some what of back seats, mostly to fit girls or children, and a decent boot. I don't care about gas mileage. I'd say my priorities are A. Performance, B. Intrigue, C. Beauty, D. Quality, E., Practicality. Z efficiency.
I would get the 992 Turbo S or the FF. Other cars on your list just don't do it for me if your willing to spend that kind of money. I would only get the Turbo S over the FF if you care about electronics, Nav system, apple car play integration, and sound system. The turbo s will be bullet proof, the FF might have a few gremlins here and there but it's worth it for how special it is every single time you get in and drive
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7835.00
r33_RGSport12912.50
      04-03-2020, 09:36 AM   #29
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep

Here's another question I've been considering, given this global calamity and the market for luxury goods tanking, I'm going to lowball. What's appropriate though, if they want $200k, offer $150k, expecting to meet in middle? Offering $180k and say that's it?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #30
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Here's another question I've been considering, given this global calamity and the market for luxury goods tanking, I'm going to lowball. What's appropriate though, if they want $200k, offer $150k, expecting to meet in middle? Offering $180k and say that's it?
Alot of my dealer clients are holding on to inventory-their flooring companies have given them 90 days interest free. I dont see them taking a "digger" just to move a car that right now that is not costing them anything to floor. Now if the dealer owns the car outright he/she might be inclined to move it at their internal cost or lower if cash flow is tight/ Im assuming you are buying from an Independent dealer or is this an F dealer? No matter what you are dealing with a soft car in general so offer away:

There is not alot of relevant auction data but these are older sales on the 2018 model:

8/8/19 $200,000* 2,419 4.8 8GT/A Silver Regular West Coast Riverside
5/9/19 $195,000* 4,600 4.1 12G/A Gray Lease Midwest Ohio
Showing 2 of 2

Edit: also Auctions are closed so almost all the dealers out there dont have a fluid source of used cars unless they take cars in on trade. What they have on the lot is more valuable for the right deal. Again, situation to situation of course/
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:47 AM   #31
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep

This is from a dealer that only sells used cars. I'm assuming they own outright.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 09:53 AM   #32
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
This is from a dealer that only sells used cars. I'm assuming they own outright.
Most of those dealers do NOT own these cars... it would not be prudent in any economic climate to roll such high dollar levels of cars with flooring rates so low (long before the COVID).

Care to PM the dealer so I can do more research on the exact car? Or share here?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #33
AlexFL
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by limeypride View Post

The tech is familiar in a good way. It turns in better and feels more nimble in general--odd really given that it actually weighs more so I've put that down to the Carbon Core. Performance-wise, I've got it virtually matching my 2020 M5 Comp now (0-60 in sub 2.6s and 1/4 mile in sub 10.5s) so it also has the performance chops to practice what it preaches so to speak. It's also extremely rare and, given the number available in the country, it will probably remain that way for quite some time.

The interior is a significant step-up in both design and the surface materials. The seats are very comfortable but inferior to the M5 in articulation and no massage available. It has a few features that were notably absent from the M5, e.g. Remote Start.

Totally subjectively: the car makes me feel very, very special whenever I drive it. Given that I'm not remotely special , that's quite the achievement!
Limey, if you get a custom steering wheel, it will make you feel even more special. I’m sure Ben can send you a nice flat bottom CF steering wheel. That generic BMW steering wheel is just mot sexy enough.
Appreciate 2
      04-03-2020, 02:39 PM   #34
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Limey, if you get a custom steering wheel, it will make you feel even more special. I’m sure Ben can send you a nice flat bottom CF steering wheel. That generic BMW steering wheel is just mot sexy enough.
Interesting idea. Thanks.

Note that I switch in and out of cars every 12-18 months so my appetite for super-expensive not-portable mods is less than it otherwise would be.

// says the guy who spent $800 on a ceramic controller that he gave away 3 months later.

r33_RGSport Ben, what do you suggest?

I believe I saw a custom wheel in an X3M, can't recall who that was, though.
Appreciate 2
      04-03-2020, 03:56 PM   #35
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:

Note that I switch in and out of cars every 12-18 months so my appetite for super-expensive not-portable mods is less than it otherwise would be.

// says the guy who spent $800 on a ceramic controller that he gave away 3 months later.

Do you still want me to suggest things to you?
You were the one who got me hooked into Ceramic controls, lol.

Joke aside, it doesn't need to be CF steering wheel.
It can be Alcantara/Leather mix if you are not big on the CF steering wheel. That way you can retain the heated components too.

I did put on CF Steering wheel for picture sake. I personally would do Thicker/Grooved grip though.

But again, I am like you, but a little better. I don't keep all of my new cars. At least 2 years.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #36
mhh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Audi RS6

I've own both M5C and GTC4 Lusso V12. The BMW feels quicker in city driving. I prefer the Ferrari for longer trips. It's more of a luxury car than a sports car though with a quiet interior and softer ride than the BMW. The Lusso feels more of an event to drive - probably the V12 and lower seating position, and maybe the badge. Using the M settings, the M5C will drive away from the Lusso on a challenging road. It's a sportier car.

Last edited by mhh; 04-03-2020 at 04:23 PM..
Appreciate 2
      04-03-2020, 04:15 PM   #37
limeypride
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r33_RGSport View Post
Quote:

Do you still want me to suggest things to you?
You were the one who got me hooked into Ceramic controls, lol.

Joke aside, it doesn't need to be CF steering wheel.
It can be Alcantara/Leather mix if you are not big on the CF steering wheel. That way you can retain the heated components too.

I did put on CF Steering wheel for picture sake. I personally would do Thicker/Grooved grip though.

But again, I am like you, but a little better. I don't keep all of my new cars. At least 2 years.
Yeah. Let's take a look.

Requirements:
- must retain heating
- must retain all existing buttons
- flat bottom
- not CF
- alcantara inserts w/ leather
- matching black finish
- slightly chunkier
- no other branding

// let's move this to email Ben or a new thread so as to not pollute this one
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12912.50
      04-03-2020, 04:21 PM   #38
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Yeah. Let's take a look.

Requirements:
- must retain heating
- must retain all existing buttons
- flat bottom
- not CF
- alcantara inserts w/ leather
- matching black finish
- slightly chunkier
- no other branding

// let's move this to email Ben or a new thread so as to not pollute this one
Got it.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #39
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhh View Post
I've own both M5C and GTC4 Lusso V12. The BMW feels quicker in city driving. I prefer the Ferrari for longer trips. It's more of a luxury car than a sports car though with a quiet interior and softer ride than the BMW. The Lusso feels more of an event to drive - probably the V12 and lower seating position, and maybe the badge. Using the M settings, the M5C will drive away from the Lusso on a challenging road. It's a sportier car.
I'm good with a little bit less performance in my daily to feel connected and special while driving. The M5 is crazy quick but I don't feel one with the car all of the time.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 08:55 PM   #40
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

The M8GC or AMG GT 63S are good options. Enough seating for kids and super car beaters to boot. The Panamera Wagon Turbo S E Hybrid with Truffle Fries (may have missed a few more words in the name) is also a good one.
Appreciate 1
limeypride4423.50
      04-05-2020, 06:26 AM   #41
Jo-Sta07
Captain
Rep

Has anyone owned or driven the Urus enough to provide experience?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #42
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:

Ferrari GTC4
BMW M8C
Bentley CGT V8

I'd take the Ferrari or Bentley, although I'd get the CGT in convertible form since its a great GT car, but that's just my personal opinion. M8C is nice but likely too close to your current M5.
      04-05-2020, 04:03 PM   #43
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
I was just going to suggest Lambo Urus. Still pretty rare and used ones available.

Comfortable and sound fantastic. I might consider one for my next DD.
Attached Images

Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 09:45 AM   #44
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Not me--- but you wont get a Urus at 2017 Lusso pricing... yet.
Appreciate 1
Jo-Sta07474.00