BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    Remus Catback with Secondary DP

03-11-2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 competition

Remus Catback with Secondary DP

I know this has been beat in the head. Looking for real feedback, unfortunately you cant really tell from a video. Remus catback with secondary DP. I don't care how loud it is on the loudest setting. I'm more concerned with how quite it can get on the quietest setting and drone. So basically dont want to loose the comfort on a long highway drive with the family. Dont except it to be like stock just still enjoyable if I dont feel like it being loud at the moment. My 2019 mustang gt has no cats with a whipple supercharger on it. With the active exhaust on quite mode it's very quite and tame. In track it loud as a mother. Then the settings in between.

One more thing how do these dealer act about secondary DP. Do they even care since it dont throw a code and has stock tune.

Thank you
Joe
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #2
boredM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford F-350 & Nardo F90

I have the full remus catback and secondary downpipes only.
Its very loud on startup, but after the cold start cycle settles you cant really tell any difference.
Just cruising on the highway etc, its not any louder then if you just had the remus exhaust imo. No drone.
In summary I dont notice a difference unless Im heavy on the throttle.

As far as dealers, I think it just depends on them individually.
Id guess most wouldnt care in regards to exhaust and secondary downpipes bc as you mentioned the tuning hasnt been manipulated.
Appreciate 1
Blue M557.00
      03-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #3
BSdoc
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

I asked the same question in another thread, and most people recommend against a secondary downpipe due to the fact that dealerships can flag your vehicle if they see it when you take it in for maintenance.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #4
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredM View Post
Its very loud on startup, but after the cold start cycle settles you cant really tell any difference.
Just cruising on the highway etc, its not any louder then if you just had the remus exhaust imo. No drone.

Id guess most wouldnt care in regards to exhaust and secondary downpipes bc as you mentioned the tuning hasnt been manipulated.
Cool I just wanted to make sure quite mode is quite enough to enjoy a comfortable long ride and loud to sound like a beast when in the loud mode.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 07:46 PM   #5
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSdoc View Post
I asked the same question in another thread, and most people recommend against a secondary downpipe due to the fact that dealerships can flag your vehicle if they see it when you take it in for maintenance.
I just wont take it to the dealer for maintenance. No biggie just go to my local bmw shop for oil changes and tire rotations.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 10:12 PM   #6
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

One more question. How them turbskis sound with the catback and secondary?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2020, 11:55 PM   #7
boredM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford F-350 & Nardo F90

still really cant hear them
I think intakes are the ticket to making the turbo sound more pronounced.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 04:12 PM   #8
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

Is it worth doing the secondary catless with the remus catback? I'm about to pull the trigger tonight. Please let me know
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #9
BMWDriverX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G12 750i X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue M5 View Post
Is it worth doing the secondary catless with the remus catback? I'm about to pull the trigger tonight. Please let me know
Honestly, no. Do a front mount intake you will be much happier. To get the exhaust sound we all want you're going to need to remove the resonator and secondaries, then it will sound better.
Appreciate 1
Blue M557.00
      04-02-2020, 04:38 PM   #10
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Quote:

If you want to hear the turbos, you'll want the remus catback and primary catless pipes. I have the setup and its perfect....great tone and proper volume with zero gas smell. Turbo whine for days spooling and long unspooling sounds. I have open cone intakes too...intake sound is nice, but way overshadowed (and that's a good thing) by the turbos with this exhaust setup.
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #11
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
If you want to hear the turbos, you'll want the remus catback and primary catless pipes. I have the setup and its perfect....great tone and proper volume with zero gas smell. Turbo whine for days spooling and long unspooling sounds. I have open cone intakes too...intake sound is nice, but way overshadowed (and that's a good thing) by the turbos with this exhaust setup.
I have the remus catback already. I'm not doing the primary's because then you have to turn the cell off. But i would think deleting secondary or primary's would have the same sound, but deleting both would definitely wke up the turbo sound. But I dont even have the exhaust on the car yet. So what do I know haha
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2020, 04:58 PM   #12
FloridaM5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M3 Comp RWD

Garage List
  [5.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaM5 View Post
I have the remus catback already. I'm not doing the primary's because then you have to turn the cell off. But i would think deleting secondary or primary's would have the same sound, but deleting both would definitely wke up the turbo sound. But I dont even have the exhaust on the car yet. So what do I know haha
Ah understood. Yeah I'm just going by what the folks at evolution race told me as well...so I dont really know either, comparing primary vs secondary pipes. I can say, however, that I don't think i would want more turbo sounds than I have now...its loud...and glorious. The remus catback alone is a huge upgrade over the stock exhausts (comp and base)....you might be happy with that alone.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 01:34 AM   #13
dodl
Rep
Drives: bmw m5 f90

I just installed Remus. and I don't know why people here on the forum are so happy about it. the fitment was terrible, but I guess this was just my bad luck with the part. More importantly, the drone just under 2000rpm with the catback is absolutely awful. So my point is, I was also thinking about a second cat delete but the drone is bad enough now, and I don't wanna make it even worse.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 08:26 AM   #14
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodl View Post
I just installed Remus. and I don't know why people here on the forum are so happy about it. the fitment was terrible, but I guess this was just my bad luck with the part. More importantly, the drone just under 2000rpm with the catback is absolutely awful. So my point is, I was also thinking about a second cat delete but the drone is bad enough now, and I don't wanna make it even worse.
I would check your installation, maybe some part of of the exhaust is touching the body of the car somewhere. I have Remus and there is zero drone...
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 08:36 AM   #15
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'm gonna install mine today and I've been told by many people zero drone. That's odd, your the only person I've heard of that said they have drone with a remus. I researched exhaust for a while before I purchased. Nothing but but good reviews about the remus. I'll let you know how mine goes tonight.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 02:41 AM   #16
dodl
Rep
Drives: bmw m5 f90

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post
I would check your installation, maybe some part of of the exhaust is touching the body of the car somewhere. I have Remus and there is zero drone...
It is possible cause it was something wrong with exhaust and we barely installed it. I will check this for sure if this can be a problem. thank you
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 09:15 PM   #17
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
It is possible cause it was something wrong with exhaust and we barely installed it. I will check this for sure if this can be a problem. thank you
I installed mine last night. The fitment was ok not horrible but not great. For the money it should be perfect. I've had other exhaust for other car that fit better and way cheaper. As far the drone, it definitely does drone till about 2000 rpm. Again not the worst I've ever heard, but not the best. It wakes the car up, but is not really loud at all. I have secondary DP I may install after the first service. IMO the exhaust is nice, but I feel we pay a premium because it for a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 10:09 PM   #18
Blue M5
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I installed mine last night. The fitment was ok not horrible but not great. For the money it should be perfect. I've had other exhaust for other car that fit better and way cheaper. As far the drone, it definitely does drone till about 2000 rpm. Again not the worst I've ever heard, but not the best. It wakes the car up, but is not really loud at all. I have secondary DP I may install after the first service. IMO the exhaust is nice, but I feel we pay a premium because it for a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2020, 11:40 PM   #19
soopa
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

I have a cat. back Remus and while I cannot comment on the fitment (installer said getting the tips aligned was tricky) there is a bit of drone in 8th gear (2K~3K rpm) while the engine is under light load. Otherwise, couldn't be happier with the system.
Appreciate 0