BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    M Performance Parts @ Port?

04-06-2020, 07:50 PM   #1
schuylerb
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

M Performance Parts @ Port?

Hi All -

My m5 is supposed to go into production end of April or early May (hopefully)... I ordered it with several m performance parts [kidney/side grills, side views, etc.]... My CA told me M performance parts will be installed at the port, and before it arrives, he'll email them which parts to install.

Is this unusual? Were your M performance parts installed at the factory?

Thx, stay safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 08:23 PM   #2
boredM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ford F-350 & Nardo F90

thats normal
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 10:50 PM   #3
dardeca
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5 Competition

It's normal that the performance parts are installed at port, but I didn't think the dealer e-mail the port prior to the car arriving. I thought that was something that had to be included as part of the order and once it goes into production, there are no more changes. But maybe you can change/modify port installed options until the car arrives in the US.
      04-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #4
GhostOne_322
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 G80 M3 CS (BSM/Red/Gold)

Garage List
2023 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schuylerb View Post
Hi All -

My m5 is supposed to go into production end of April or early May (hopefully)... I ordered it with several m performance parts [kidney/side grills, side views, etc.]... My CA told me M performance parts will be installed at the port, and before it arrives, he'll email them which parts to install.

Is this unusual? Were your M performance parts installed at the factory?

Thx, stay safe.
Dealer has to add it to the order before production starts so that the parts are included in the sticker price of the car. The parts are then installed at the port at no cost to you.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2020, 09:17 AM   #5
OT-Dan
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOne_322 View Post
Dealer has to add it to the order before production starts so that the parts are included in the sticker price of the car. The parts are then installed at the port at no cost to you.
This - to make sure the parts are on the window sticker, and residualized if you lease.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2020, 08:38 PM   #6
schuylerb
Rep

Thank you all... very helpful. I'll make sure he gets these added ahead of production.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 06:34 AM   #7
Ryno 27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition, X5 M50i

That’s not accurate, having done this last fall, you have up until the car arrives at port to add/delete port installed options. I made several “updates” to my order after the vehicle had gone into production. Also, in case you were wondering, it doesn’t delay delivery of your vehicle; they have a very efficient system.

That being said, I wouldn’t procrastinate. Check the boxes you want and try to enjoy the wait!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2020, 07:00 PM   #8
schuylerb
Rep

Ryno - Thanks a lot, really helpful... I called BMW Genius and what I was told is in line with your comments. In fact, your response was more helpful... I couldn’t get a straight answer on whether last minute additions installed at port would delay delivery, so your reply puts me at ease.

Any advice on how to “enjoy the wait?” 😉

Best,

SB
Appreciate 0