BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    Introducing the First-Ever BMW M5 CS!

04-30-2021, 06:40 AM   #309
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2K13 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Yeah, pretty sure your dealer is lying about that, or just flat out misinformed.

The three colors are not custom so there is no need for a non refundable deposit.

However, let's say you custom ordered Urban Green. Then I could see them saying they want a non refundable deposit.

On a separate note, I did try to get an individual color on my order and it was denied by BMWNA. No other colors allowed on the M5CS.
In a nutshell they stated that because I chose brand hatch grey with red calipers and pirelli corsa tires its custom to my specs. So if I backed out after its no longer modifiable and lets say another customer was on a waiting list for the CS and wanted frozen deep green metallic with gold calipers and standard tires then they could potentally loose the sale due to not having the specs that customer wanted. Additionally, had I not placed a deposit they were going to dealer trade it to seattle as they had a long list of ppl wanting to get a CS with a deposit ready.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 06:45 AM   #310
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbilyayev View Post

Came across this video, this thing is Gorgeous!
These is just like the US version except they use a different actor that's wearing glasses.

I'll say this the more I see the frozen green with color accents the more it grows on me. Only thing is I chose brand hatch grey so if the color doesn't sit well with me I swap to CF pieces with aftermarket lightweight forge rims in brushed gloss black and lower it for a better stance.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 09:53 AM   #311
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaTeD ///M View Post
Quote:
Yeah, pretty sure your dealer is lying about that, or just flat out misinformed.

The three colors are not custom so there is no need for a non refundable deposit.

However, let's say you custom ordered Urban Green. Then I could see them saying they want a non refundable deposit.

On a separate note, I did try to get an individual color on my order and it was denied by BMWNA. No other colors allowed on the M5CS.
In a nutshell they stated that because I chose brand hatch grey with red calipers and pirelli corsa tires its custom to my specs. So if I backed out after its no longer modifiable and lets say another customer was on a waiting list for the CS and wanted frozen deep green metallic with gold calipers and standard tires then they could potentally loose the sale due to not having the specs that customer wanted. Additionally, had I not placed a deposit they were going to dealer trade it to seattle as they had a long list of ppl wanting to get a CS with a deposit ready.
Strange. You picked standard options and they still claim what they do. Maybe I'd understand their mentality had you optioned the more expensive frozen color.

FYI, I also picked Brands Hatch Metallic and P Zero Corsa tires and wasn't asked for any deposit.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter and you're getting an awesome car.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:49 PM   #312
DAL33S
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F95 X5 M Competition

Got a call from my dealer today and mine built and due mid May 😀 This is a UK spec'd M5CS
Ex_Stig2594.00
      04-30-2021, 07:55 PM   #313
sbilyayev
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw M3/X6 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAL33S View Post
Got a call from my dealer today and mine built and due mid May 😀 This is a UK spec'd M5CS
Congrats, it's exiting!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2021, 03:24 AM   #314
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Here's a good video on the car, though it's in Russian.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2021, 11:43 AM   #315
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post

Can someone please translate this video.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 03:22 AM   #316
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Strange. You picked standard options and they still claim what they do. Maybe I'd understand their mentality had you optioned the more expensive frozen color.

FYI, I also picked Brands Hatch Metallic and P Zero Corsa tires and wasn't asked for any deposit.

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter and you're getting an awesome car.
Well I live in Alaska so these limited edition cars don't have a high demand and would probably end up sitting for awhile. They also got allocation for an M2CS last year I think and it was in the dead of winter with no bites and they ended up dealer trading it to seattle. Had I not placed a deposit they were already in the works of dealer trading they're one and only allocation for an M5CS. I had the same mentality as you since I was getting the standard color as I'm not a fan of frozen colors.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 03:31 AM   #317
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
Can someone please translate this video.
He's basically saying its a badass fucking car! lol

Would be nice to get an english review like in this vid.

Just needs to be lowered with tint all the way around with M performance front lip, CF side skirts and CF rear bumper side skirts, M performance titanium exhaust with M performance CF tips, and possibly the M performance Cf pro wing subject to actually seeing the CS wing in person.

I'll have to say the gold accents are growing on me as well as the green. However, I don't think I can ever find myself to ever buy a green car.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:38 AM   #318
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

So this video just confirmed some other items that u won't get on the CS over the what the comp does have. No power trunk shut down and no pop and bangs when selecting m2. Let not forget how difficult it was for him to get out of the car. I hope I don't have that problem.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #319
Greer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Quote:
Let not forget how difficult it was for him to get out of the car. I hope I don't have that problem.
I would go find a new M3 or M4 that has the new sport bucket seats and try them out before you lay out $145K on a new M5 CS.
2014 F10 M5 Competition
2003 E39 M5
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 03:09 PM   #320
Neptune7
Major
Rep

Some interesting things as I looked at the difference in specs between the CS, Comp and Base here:

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...1-bmw-m5-sedan

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/usa/a...language=en_US

The CS has identical ground clearance, engine stiffening and most other factors to the competition. It has slightly worse drag coefficient (due to gurney flap/hood design?), more different weight distribution (due to lighter rear seat setup?), and obviously less curb weight, and slightly larger max torque range (90 rpm).

Most factors other than the weight difference are negligible, IMO. (Torque range could help marginally with drag times)

Last edited by Neptune7; 05-05-2021 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 05:19 PM   #321
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greer View Post
I would go find a new M3 or M4 that has the new sport bucket seats and try them out before you lay out $145K on a new M5 CS.
A little late for that now I already placed a deposit so I'm committed. I think I seen one M4 in town but my local dealership doesn't have any in stock and there only one in the state. The next closest place is canada which takes 2 days to get there from where Im at.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 05:23 PM   #322
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Some interesting things as I looked at the difference in specs between the CS, Comp and Base here:

The CS has identical ground clearance, engine stiffening and most other factors to the competition. It has slightly worse drag coefficient (due to gurney flap/hood design?), more different weight distribution (due to lighter rear seat setup?), and obviously less curb weight, and slightly larger max torque range (90 rpm).

Most factors other than the weight difference are negligible, IMO. (Torque range could help marginally with drag times)
So u have to give up all the luxury comforts for all of that..... The only benefit I'm seeing here is that it hold its value better than a comp due to being limited. I'm gonna try it out for a year and see how I like it without all that lux I'm accustom too.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #323
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Quote:
Quote:

So u have to give up all the luxury comforts for all of that..... The only benefit I'm seeing here is that it hold its value better than a comp due to being limited. I'm gonna try it out for a year and see how I like it without all that lux I'm accustom too.
Guessing you never saw the threads about the M3CS and how it didn't have the center arm rest and convenience package. Lol

If the creature comforts are important to you (and I'm not judging anyone by that) then the M5CS may not be the best choice.

For me, I never once missed the armrest in the M3CS. Although, to be fair, I do miss the convenience package when I have to dig into my pocket each time to unlock the car. With all that being said, I have zero regrets with the M3CS.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2021, 08:11 PM   #324
RaTeD ///M
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Guessing you never saw the threads about the M3CS and how it didn't have the center arm rest and convenience package. Lol

If the creature comforts are important to you (and I'm not judging anyone by that) then the M5CS may not be the best choice.

For me, I never once missed the armrest in the M3CS. Although, to be fair, I do miss the convenience package when I have to dig into my pocket each time to unlock the car. With all that being said, I have zero regrets with the M3CS.
No I didn't read the thread on that. The more research I have done I'm realizing how much I have to give:readthethread up getting the CS. No executive package with all the goodies it comes with ventilated front seats, massaging seats, electronic rear sunshade and manual pull up shades, 5th seat with flat down for longer luggage, soft close doors, driver assistance pro with 360 cams, and my favorite diamond with ambient lighting Bowers & Wilkins surround sound.

However, i have confirmed the M5CS does come with comfort access so as long as u have your key on you or in your case your pocket the doors will unlock with a touch to the handle.
Appreciate 1
Ex_Stig2594.00
      05-05-2021, 09:15 PM   #325
DAL33S
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F95 X5 M Competition

Quote:
Quote:

No I didn't read the thread on that. The more research I have done I'm realizing how much I have to give:readthethread up getting the CS. No executive package with all the goodies it comes with ventilated front seats, massaging seats, electronic rear sunshade and manual pull up shades, 5th seat with flat down for longer luggage, soft close doors, driver assistance pro with 360 cams, and my favorite diamond with ambient lighting Bowers & Wilkins surround sound.

However, i have confirmed the M5CS does come with comfort access so as long as u have your key on you or in your case your pocket the doors will unlock with a touch to the handle.
Quote:
Quote:

If your looking for all these options the CS isn't the car for you and never would be.... IMO that would be obvious due to the weight saving / marketing and customer aim.

An M5C would be the car, all options and still a great all round car.

I've got F95 X5M Competition with all these options and bought the M5CS (due is 2 weeks) because I wanted something more focused which this is. It's a rare car but definitely not going to retain valve at all but will do more than "average" M5C.

Too me this is as close as you can get to the original e90 M3 CRT version and why I love it. That is a very special car, having driven one.

All down to personal preference.
E92M3GT101.00
      05-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #326
Dark-Knight
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

weird how the vids are market specific, the Russian one had video of a gold wrapped M5 and featured a Russian Mobster type I've seen the same ad with a total nerd older white guy.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:00 PM   #327
stein_325i
Ring Leader of G8X Haters
No_Country
Rep
Drives: A Car

Looks like the press are finally receiving the car.

05-12-2021, 08:10 PM   #328
Neptune7
Major
Rep

Well, the base M5 did that for 8 hours

Joking aside, it looks like we'll be seeing videos soon. I hope they can cover what separates the performance of this car from its strongest competition: M5C and M5.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 09:04 PM   #329
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [10.00]
2022 BMW iX  [10.00]
Quote:
Well, the base M5 did that for 8 hours

Joking aside, it looks like we'll be seeing videos soon. I hope they can cover what separates the performance of this car from its strongest competition: M5C and M5.
If it's anything like the M2 CS, it will be orders of magnitude better than both cars
Appreciate 3
Chicane_1050.00
DAL33S701.00
      06-03-2021, 12:06 PM   #330
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Any production number information on the M5cs?

Sorry, a bit late to the party!

How many overall and how many expected in the USA?
Appreciate 0