BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, Tuning Modifications    M Sport Vs. M Performance Exhaust /F90

02-21-2023, 10:47 AM   #45
boost3dx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 CS & 2022 X5M

Garage List
2022 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2022 BMW M5 CS  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFBravo View Post
MPE is not worth it just based on a price, its a $7K option. You can get an aftermarket cat back system from $3K-$4k with integrated valve actuators, that sound just as good and keep OEM look. Titanium doesn't help with acoustics, and weight difference is negligible as only the axle back portion is Ti.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Mid to high RPM range there is not much difference from the Sport exhausts, switching out downpipes is what really give that growl at high rpms.

I'm looking into getting Remus or Dinan, but can't decide. Armytryx sounds amazing, but I don't like that the valves cannot be controlled through the car and you're stuck with a remote.
You are SO wrong.

The stock M Sport Exhaust sucks. It doesn't have any unique or loud sound to it.

The MPE is a WHOLE other animal. Higher RPM's is where is SCREAMS (contrary to what you said).

It's a beast exhaust and sounds incredible compared to the stock M Sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 12:43 PM   #46
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

My concerns around the MPE is the lack of valve control. I believe the Akrapovic exhaust system has valve control, correct? How do those two compare? One thing I heard is that the Akra system is 100% titanium unlike MPE. Does it improve the acoustics?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 02:32 PM   #47
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
My concerns around the MPE is the lack of valve control. I believe the Akrapovic exhaust system has valve control, correct? How do those two compare? One thing I heard is that the Akra system is 100% titanium unlike MPE. Does it improve the acoustics?
The MPE is basically an Akrapovic

https://www.bmw.com/en-au/offers-and...t-system1.html
Appreciate 1
Neptune71432.50
      02-21-2023, 04:18 PM   #48
Neptune7
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
I think that’s true only for the F10 models; the M Perf exhaust for F90 is not made by Akrapovic, I believe.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2023, 07:40 PM   #49
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune7 View Post
I think that’s true only for the F10 models; the M Perf exhaust for F90 is not made by Akrapovic, I believe.
I don’t know, brother. On some other thread, another member told me this information and gave me that link and said it was all the same. But honestly I don’t know. I do know that I have yet to read a negative review on it here on this forum
Appreciate 1
Neptune71432.50
      07-12-2023, 05:49 AM   #50
jm490
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21' F90 M5c

Does anyone here know if the carbon fiber tips are adjustable to come out a little further? Seems like there is a small notch that locks them from being moved in or out. I’m looking at mine now at the shop trying to adjust them and it won’t go out further. Is that correct? Does the metal notch need to be shaved down to adjust? Want to make sure they’re all even before hand because when the shop put it up to get a glimpse of what it’ll look like they seem to be too far in under the diffuser compared to other peoples cars I’ve seen with them.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2023, 10:54 PM   #51
Maverik259
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm490 View Post
Does anyone here know if the carbon fiber tips are adjustable to come out a little further? Seems like there is a small notch that locks them from being moved in or out. I’m looking at mine now at the shop trying to adjust them and it won’t go out further. Is that correct? Does the metal notch need to be shaved down to adjust? Want to make sure they’re all even before hand because when the shop put it up to get a glimpse of what it’ll look like they seem to be too far in under the diffuser compared to other peoples cars I’ve seen with them.
They should just pull off like the others. That notch is to keep then from going in too far. Honestly it’s really to keep them even lol
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2023, 09:28 PM   #52
tntravelingman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm490 View Post
Is your notch incorporated into the bracket at all? I looked at my tips today and it feels like the back edge of the tip abuts the notch, but the notch isn’t incorporated into the bracket. I looked because I thought mine looked too far out. Based on the only BMW instructions I can find, it seems like it’s supposed to be incorporated into the bracket. However, the tips in the instructions show an angled carbon fiber component and mine are not angled, nor are others I’ve seen in pictures.

https://rparts-sites.s3.amazonaws.co...LL%20INSTR.pdf
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2023, 09:21 AM   #53
dcohen13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

I must say, I am in love with my GT Haus Meisterschaft exhaust. I can ask for a forum discount for anyone interested. Extremely tame in comfort mode, but it is another animal with the valves open in sport+

https://youtube.com/shorts/rn2oNxjGX1I?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 11:50 AM   #54
nick380
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost3dx View Post
Here's some videos I made. If starting it in an closed space, just understand the sound echoing and reverberating will make it seem much louder (even though its still very loud in open spaces).

MY GOD!! That sounds heavenly. Wow, it almost sounds like a big ol' turbo diesel just coasting. You've single handedly convinced me to go MPE. I was valvetronic vs MPE for a good while. After some research and coming across your video. That's been put to rest. I can only imagine what tunnel blast would sound like. My body is ready

335i Manual Swap Project http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1207505
Appreciate 0