BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #23
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Here's the blurb from the Washington Department of Revenue that applies in my situation:

"Use tax exemption B—RCW 82.12.0266: A use tax exemption is available for the use of a motor vehicle or trailer if acquired and used by an active duty military person with a home of record in this state while stationed and residing outside of the state of Washington pursuant to military orders. This use tax exemption does not apply to members of the armed services called to active duty for training for periods of less than 6 months. Nor does it
apply to the use of a motor vehicle or trailer acquired less than 30 days before discharge or release from active duty.

For more information on sales tax and use tax, please contact the Department of Revenue’s Taxpayer Information
Center at 1-800-647-7706.

For information about licensing requirements and the other applicable fees that apply to military persons, contact
the Washington State Department of Licensing’s Vehicle Services Division at (360) 902-3770 or a local vehicle
licensing subagent listed in the yellow pages of the telephone book under License Services."

There's a section on sales tax, two parts, and use tax, two parts, in the original document. Shoot me a PM and I'll attach the PDF.
      04-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #24
60Driver
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by itr-tribute View Post
Ya, it really is a pain to find that information. I have been looking halfheartedly for the Arizona laws but am almost afraid to find something that I don't want to see. Would you happen to have a link to the reference your friend found? It may be helpful for when I head back to AZ in July
Finally figured out to post documents and stuff. Here it is. The date is old but I called and checked and it's still in effect.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf sn_03_military.pdf (41.8 KB, 199 views)