BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums F90 M5 General Forum    '21 M5C order submitted...feedback requested!

04-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #23
TAmes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSM View Post
Y spoke - Comp Wheels are forged and significant lighter. I'd stick with the comp wheels as personally I think they look much better anyway plus the unsprung weight I already mentioned is far less
I happened not to go this route with my order, but some members of this board have powder coated their comp wheels, which I think looks great.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 05:49 PM   #24
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp- On order

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAmes View Post
Are these actual pics of the ship that your car is on? How did you access these photos?
It sure is! I tracked the ship on www.marinetraffic.com from the moment it left Bremerhaven. Once I saw that the ship was nearing the Panama Canal, I monitored this site https://multimedia.panama-canal.com/index.html

I also had Google Earth open in a different browser so that I could identify the name of each lock system. Once I saw where the ship was heading, I could hone in on the specific lock and click on the appropriate webcam. My ship passed through the first set of locks at like 5:30am MST yesterday. Super cool!
Appreciate 1
Jamesmick131.00
      04-30-2021, 06:15 PM   #25
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
Dude good find on the canal pics. That's awesome.

Mine is currently going up and down the East Coast, should be in Charleston tomorrow (hopefully). Then another 5 week wait =(

Btw, did you add MPE or not?
That awesome man! Yeah I held off on adding the exhaust as I just couldn't justify the extra money. I already ended up adding full leather and the carbon fiber diffuser. I also added the carbon pro spoiler but will have the dealer install it since at the time I had to add the front splitter if I wanted the spoiler to be port installed. I have seen another member on here stating that they were able to add the carbon pro spoiler without the front splitter but that has not been my experience.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #26
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M5C, 22 X3MC, 24 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dworkman99 View Post
That awesome man! Yeah I held off on adding the exhaust as I just couldn't justify the extra money. I already ended up adding full leather and the carbon fiber diffuser. I also added the carbon pro spoiler but will have the dealer install it since at the time I had to add the front splitter if I wanted the spoiler to be port installed. I have seen another member on here stating that they were able to add the carbon pro spoiler without the front splitter but that has not been my experience.
Ah nice! Well at least you’re getting some nice goodies. I added a lot to my build including the MPE today! And yeah I couldn’t add the spoiler without the front splitter.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #27
FSHNGRY
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: INDIVIDUAL F90 M5C LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Hello Friends! I sold my Merc AMG C63S last night and ordered a '21 M5 Comp (lease). I couldn't be more excited to come back to the BMW family (previously owned a '16 F80). I have a couple build questions that I was hoping for some feedback.

Current Build:

Brands Hatch Grey Exterior
20" M Y-SPOKE FORGED BI-COLOR WHEELS (debating on 20" M DOUBLE-SPOKE BI-COLOR WHEELS instead)
Silverstone Interior (debating on Midrand Beige instead)
Aluminum Dark Carbon Structure trim
Competition Package
Driving Assistance Plus Package
Executive Package
M Compound Brakes with Red Calipers
Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System

For some context, once I take delivery I intend on getting the paint and wheels ceramic coated with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra.

Now on to my questions:

Interior- One thing that is completely racking my brain is the interior. I have never owned Silverstone, let alone seen Silverstone in person. I think the center inserts of the silverstone have a dark grey tone which should pair nicely with the BHG exterior, but I am concerned about upkeep with such a light interior such as dye transfer from pants. Does anyone have any feedback? Am I overthinking this? I really like the Midrand Beige option, however my wife thinks the brown looks a little mustardy. Again, I haven't seen this color in person so it's hard to say. Thoughts?

Wheels- I know this may be an unpopular opinion, but I actually like the design of the Double Spoke Bi-Color wheel better than the Y Spoke. I like that the wheel isn't black and is actually grey, which I thought could be a nice compliment to BHG exterior. I ended up going with the Y Spoke Forged wheels, because well it's in the name...they are forged. I just don't care for the black look of the wheel as I think that could be hard to maintain. I understand that you can only get the Y Spoke wheel on a comp, I'm just not 100% in love with the wheel. Again, I am sure I am overthinking this but wanted to ask the forum for their thoughts.

Thanks in advance. You guys are the best.

Midrange beige was a VERY close secondary option for my car. I still say it, and i stand by it- The most underrated interior option for the M5. I LOVE it. With Brands Hatch- you won't be let down.

I chose the Y-Spoke. I LOVE them. Nice and sporty, easy to clean. DO IT!
GONE: '05 E46 ZHP | LOADED | DINAN STG3 PKG |

IG: @FSHNGRY

Last edited by FSHNGRY; 04-30-2021 at 07:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 05:49 PM   #28
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Just flipped to "in transit"! She left VPC in Oxnard California today en route to Colorado and the estimated delivery to dealership is 5/15. The wait is almost over...

Here is my timeline for those of you wondering how long the process can take. Keep in mind there several variables that come into play such as availability of allocations, time at port, etc. Just wanted to share my experience.

Order submitted at dealership/money down- 1/8/21
Allocation date assigned/Order rcvd- 2/15/21
Scheduled for production- 3/11/21
Production begins- 3/19/21
Dispatched from BMW factory via train- 4/1
Arrived at Bremerhaven port- 4/6
Left Bremerhaven port for US delivery- 4/11
Arrived at Port Hueneme in Oxnard CA on 5/7
Dispatched from VPC on 5/12
Appreciate 3
Jamesmick131.00
ToddinTN504.00
      05-13-2021, 11:41 AM   #29
TAmes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Quote:
Just flipped to "in transit"! She left VPC in Oxnard California today en route to Colorado and the estimated delivery to dealership is 5/15. The wait is almost over...

Here is my timeline for those of you wondering how long the process can take. Keep in mind there several variables that come into play such as availability of allocations, time at port, etc. Just wanted to share my experience.

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing all of this info!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 04:05 PM   #30
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAmes View Post
Quote:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing all of this info!
Well, she showed up a day early! Pics from my Client Advisor today. Will take delivery on Monday as I am having the Carbon Pro Spoiler installed. Absolutely gorgeous. So happy I went with full Silverstone leather. Wow!!

More pics will follow once paint correction and ceramic is completed.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
      05-14-2021, 04:59 PM   #31
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Well, she showed up a day early! Pics from my Client Advisor today. Will take delivery on Monday as I am having the Carbon Pro Spoiler installed. Absolutely gorgeous. So happy I went with full Silverstone leather. Wow!!

More pics will follow once paint correction and ceramic is completed.
Congrats!!! Almost there!
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2021, 01:41 PM   #32
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Nice build. I'm so tempted to get silverstone for my next build. Really wish they offered Sakhir Orange for the m5. They do for other M models??

I didn't see a carbon diffuser in the build. Is that stock or did you have that added?
Appreciate 1
      05-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #33
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbmb View Post
Nice build. I'm so tempted to get silverstone for my next build. Really wish they offered Sakhir Orange for the m5. They do for other M models??

I didn't see a carbon diffuser in the build. Is that stock or did you have that added?
I had Sakhir Orange in my F80! Man that was a fun car.

Yeah I added the carbon fiber diffuser last minute. I was following another thread on here and they sold me on it. I think it really looks great with the Carbon Pro Spoiler. The Carbon Pro Spoiler is being installed tomorrow which is when I am supposed to take delivery. Fingers crossed!

I also added full leather to my build as well. l was originally on the fence with it but I think the Silverstone contrast looks amazing on the lower dash. I will post more pictures once I actually see the car with my two eyes.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 04:15 PM   #34
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

She's officially mine! Absolutely stunning in person. Wow! Brands Hatch is amazing in the sunlight. And the stock comp exhaust is unreal. It's more than I was expecting, that's for sure. More pics to come after paint correction and ceramic coating.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2021, 04:24 PM   #35
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
She's officially mine! Absolutely stunning in person. Wow! Brands Hatch is amazing in the sunlight. And the stock comp exhaust is unreal. It's more than I was expecting, that's for sure. More pics to come after paint correction and ceramic coating.
Don't tease us! We need some pics

And congrats!
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2021, 04:42 PM   #36
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5rivers View Post
Quote:
Don't tease us! We need some pics

And congrats!
Okay, okay. Here are some to hold ya over. Ha! I added some in different light to showcase how the color changes.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Ex_Stig2594.00
      05-19-2021, 04:51 PM   #37
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Okay, okay. Here are some to hold ya over. Ha! I added some in different light to showcase how the color changes.
Absolutely stunning!

Seeing more BHG pictures really makes me confident I chose the right color! I can't wait until I see mine.
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2021, 06:25 PM   #38
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Very nice car dworkman!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:14 PM   #39
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Very nice car dork man!!!
Thanks A$$hat
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:08 PM   #40
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Very nice car dork man!!!
Thanks A$$hat
Spell check error, my bad
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:14 PM   #41
Ex_Stig
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '24 X7 M60i

Garage List
2024 BMW X7 M60  [10.00]
Thanks for posting the photos. I'm still on the fence about BHG, but it was my only color option available. The majority of my prior M cars have always been blue, but I'm starting to like BHG more every time I see it.

Hopefully I keep appreciating it until mine shows up in October.

'25 M5 Touring (on the list, first slot)
'24 X7 M60i
'22 M5 CS - (sold)
Appreciate 1
      05-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #42
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
Thanks for posting the photos. I'm still on the fence about BHG, but it was my only color option available. The majority of my prior M cars have always been blue, but I'm starting to like BHG more every time I see it.

I think the BHG will be really nice with the bronze accents. People who know will know it is a different animal.
Appreciate 2
Ex_Stig2594.00
      05-19-2021, 09:05 PM   #43
The5rivers
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post

It's going to be beautiful! Don't you worry about that

And once I get mine I'll post a crap ton of pics lol.
Appreciate 1
Ex_Stig2594.00
      08-02-2021, 08:01 PM   #44
milehighguy
Private First Class
Rep

Finally got a full paint correction and ceramic coating and thought I should share some pictures.

Work performed:

Decon wash
Clay bar
Paint correction
2 stage ceramic coating
Wheels off ceramic coating including calipers and exhaust pipes

Came out fantastic. Looking forward to the first wash!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
ToddinTN504.00
A.dot236.00
Jamesmick131.00