BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Pure750 N55 thread

01-19-2024, 09:13 AM   #133
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
not me, im in NC.
Currently still working on sending logs to Wedge. Not easy though. Getting out of house to do pulls with a wife 32weeks pregnant…”Imma step out and drive 130+mph real quick while traffic is light”

Plus its real cold, so i spin in 2nd and 3rd when boost hits..Cant get a clean pull when i do get away…I’ll get there eventually…
Real af. Keep pushing forward and congrats on the child.
Appreciate 1
VGSON220.50
      01-19-2024, 12:30 PM   #134
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGSON View Post
not me, im in NC.
Currently still working on sending logs to Wedge. Not easy though. Getting out of house to do pulls with a wife 32weeks pregnant…”Imma step out and drive 130+mph real quick while traffic is light

Plus its real cold, so i spin in 2nd and 3rd when boost hits..Cant get a clean pull when i do get away…I’ll get there eventually…

Congratulations!!!

I've been there, and it gets easier - but not too easy, when the baby is born. Every once in a while I do the "I'm going for a drive" and my wife is waiting for me when I come back, praying I didn't die on my drive.

I'd also recommend going really early, or late - Highway pulls in 3rd gear. I don't really think you need to do 4th gear, but what do I know.
      01-19-2024, 04:23 PM   #135
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87 OGM2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmuroRay View Post

Congratulations!!!

I've been there, and it gets easier - but not too easy, when the baby is born. Every once in a while I do the "I'm going for a drive" and my wife is waiting for me when I come back, praying I didn't die on my drive.

I'd also recommend going really early, or late - Highway pulls in 3rd gear. I don't really think you need to do 4th gear, but what do I know.
Appreciate it. Having a little boy. Luckily she's cool about my hobbies. I broke out and got some logs done today. Weather was finally above 50 and clear. Traffic is actually good around 2pm or so...people are at work and schools not out yet. Highways are clear. Sent them to Steve and hopefully he turns it up around 25psi.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 02:03 PM   #136
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Looking for a little help...

I have a wire/connector that I don't know/remember where it goes. It's not the: CBV/BOV, EWG, or Thermostat (only one goes to this right?). What other two-wire loom comes off the front of the engine that is the top line of this set of wires? It's #2 that I am looking to understand where it goes. I could start taking things apart again, but am hoping someone can help. Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2024, 11:36 PM   #137
Mr_M//
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/M3

I believe it’s the wastegate or the DV wire, but I can confirm tonight or tomorrow
Speedtech top mount G35|Motive| Reflex plus | Wagner EVO 3 | BMP manifold | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | PI | Precision Racework stage 4V2 LPFP | BendCalibration Flex Fuel Kit |turner catch can| HRE 20” \Apex 18” wheels| ECUTEK tuned by bendCalibration|ohlins suspension
IG Modded_M2
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 11:59 AM   #138
Mr_M//
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2guru View Post

I have a wire/connector that I don't know/remember where it goes. It's not the: CBV/BOV, EWG, or Thermostat (only one goes to this right?). What other two-wire loom comes off the front of the engine that is the top line of this set of wires? It's #2 that I am looking to understand where it goes. I could start taking things apart again, but am hoping someone can help. Thanks!
Is this the one you’re talking about?
Attached Images

Speedtech top mount G35|Motive| Reflex plus | Wagner EVO 3 | BMP manifold | Dorch Stage 2 HPFP | PI | Precision Racework stage 4V2 LPFP | BendCalibration Flex Fuel Kit |turner catch can| HRE 20” \Apex 18” wheels| ECUTEK tuned by bendCalibration|ohlins suspension
IG Modded_M2
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2024, 01:38 AM   #139
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:

It could be the electrical connection for the PCV pipe where it connects to the inlet
      01-26-2024, 03:08 PM   #140
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
It could be the electrical connection for the PCV pipe where it connects to the inlet
This was it - thank you!
Appreciate 1
samsamdar606.50
      01-26-2024, 11:52 PM   #141
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
This was it - thank you!
Question for you: How did you reconnect the oil line that plugs into the engine block right next to the diverter valve? I'm having a lot of trouble getting it in even with extensions/swivels... Thinking I might have to remove the diverter first, get the line secured, and then reinstall the diverter...
      01-27-2024, 04:40 AM   #142
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Question for you: How did you reconnect the oil line that plugs into the engine block right next to the diverter valve? I'm having a lot of trouble getting it in even with extensions/swivels... Thinking I might have to remove the diverter first, get the line secured, and then reinstall the diverter...
I put the bare turbo on in pieces. I even separated the hot and cold sides, so I didn't bang anything up. I didn't have the CBV on when I connected that line.

I also think I didn't have the manifold completely tightened when I connected that line. In hindsight, I am not sure how I could have put it on/in afterwards because that line is literally so close that the silicone intake pipe that slides on the cold side cannot slide on (not sure if you've seen my other post about that). That oil line had to be bent and there doesn't seem to be much length for bending. As my car sits now, I have the intake pipe on only a few mm further than the width of the worm-gear clamp for the intake pipe.

This means that there is extra length on opposite end towards the filter. I have the stock intake and there isn't room for the extra length. So I ended up cutting the silicone intake pipe on the filter end AND cutting some length off the plastic tube of the between the silicone intake and the filter.

This is the only part of the installation that I am somewhat not comfortable with, but since it's only going to see vacuum and I don't think it'll compress from that vacuum, I am not too worried about it.

If I could do it all over again, I'd bend both ends of the oil feed line to make way for the silicone pipe without stressing the line in any direction before I put anything more back together around the hot and cold side of the turbofold.

Happy to help or take pictures if you have more questions!
Appreciate 1
samsamdar606.50
      01-27-2024, 03:52 PM   #143
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
I put the bare turbo on in pieces. I even separated the hot and cold sides, so I didn't bang anything up. I didn't have the CBV on when I connected that line.

I also think I didn't have the manifold completely tightened when I connected that line. In hindsight, I am not sure how I could have put it on/in afterwards because that line is literally so close that the silicone intake pipe that slides on the cold side cannot slide on (not sure if you've seen my other post about that). That oil line had to be bent and there doesn't seem to be much length for bending. As my car sits now, I have the intake pipe on only a few mm further than the width of the worm-gear clamp for the intake pipe.

This means that there is extra length on opposite end towards the filter. I have the stock intake and there isn't room for the extra length. So I ended up cutting the silicone intake pipe on the filter end AND cutting some length off the plastic tube of the between the silicone intake and the filter.

This is the only part of the installation that I am somewhat not comfortable with, but since it's only going to see vacuum and I don't think it'll compress from that vacuum, I am not too worried about it.

If I could do it all over again, I'd bend both ends of the oil feed line to make way for the silicone pipe without stressing the line in any direction before I put anything more back together around the hot and cold side of the turbofold.

No worries thank you dude! I think I should be able to get it if I loosen up the manifold and also move the diverter out of the way
      01-28-2024, 12:17 AM   #144
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:

Ugh dude turns out my oil line was bent at the part where it connects to the block. I guess I must’ve bent that flange when I was prying it out of the block and didn’t realize it until I got the new turbo in 😭 I’m praying that I can find a local dealer with the line in stock on Monday lol
      01-28-2024, 04:35 AM   #145
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Ugh dude turns out my oil line was bent at the part where it connects to the block. I guess I must’ve bent that flange when I was prying it out of the block and didn’t realize it until I got the new turbo in 😭 I’m praying that I can find a local dealer with the line in stock on Monday lol
Sorry you have to horse around with that. The o-ring that is in the block does the sealing of the oil so, I don't think that flange is super critical to have straight (I could be wrong). You could probably bend it back without much trouble and it would hold the line in the block without issue. Not sure how easy it would be to bend it with the turbofold on, but if you were replacing that line anyway, I believe you may have to take the turbofold off anyway to get to the turbo-side bolt. If I remember right, that flange seemed a bit on the softer side.

How close is your line to the turbo intake where the silicone pipe would slide on?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 04:44 AM   #146
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Sorry you have to horse around with that. The o-ring that is in the block does the sealing of the oil so, I don't think that flange is super critical to have straight (I could be wrong). You could probably bend it back without much trouble and it would hold the line in the block without issue. Not sure how easy it would be to bend it with the turbofold on, but if you were replacing that line anyway, I believe you may have to take the turbofold off anyway to get to the turbo-side bolt. If I remember right, that flange seemed a bit on the softer side.

How close is your line to the turbo intake where the silicone pipe would slide on?
I tried bending it back but it seems too stiff to go back into shape and I don’t want to compromise its integrity any more lol.
No issues that I can see with the inlet hitting the line - to be fair, I’m doing a PS2 which is all OEM housing. It’s tight but it works similar to OEM
      01-30-2024, 06:42 PM   #147
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
M2guru so I got a new OEM oil inlet line and it completely fixed all the issues I was having lol - time to reassemble
      01-30-2024, 06:47 PM   #148
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
M2guru so I got a new OEM oil inlet line and it completely fixed all the issues I was having lol - time to reassemble
Awesome! Happy to hear that!

I am about to start my engine (probably tomorrow). Just bled the coolant 3-4 times and primed the oil 4-6 times (without spark plugs). New plug just installed.

Keep us updated!
Appreciate 1
samsamdar606.50
      01-30-2024, 06:49 PM   #149
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Quote:
Awesome! Happy to hear that!

I am about to start my engine (probably tomorrow). Just bled the coolant 3-4 times and primed the oil 4-6 times (without spark plugs). New plug just installed.

Keep us updated!
You as well! Good luck!
VGSON220.50
      01-30-2024, 07:10 PM   #150
ThreeStripes
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Good luck!
Appreciate 1
VGSON220.50
      01-31-2024, 05:11 PM   #151
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep

curious, i have the ftp turbo to intercooler pipe. It came with worm gear clamps which fail & the inlet isn’t exactly perfect match…Besides going to tbolts. is there another yall found to be better? Mine creeped off/loose after a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 05:12 PM   #152
VGSON
First Lieutenant
Rep

samsander, who are you getting to tune it?
Appreciate 1
samsamdar606.50
      02-05-2024, 04:09 PM   #153
M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Just drove the car after installation. Lots of smoke from the turbofold. Likely burning off a variety of coatings and fingerprints. Took longer than expected for the smole to go away but it did. Bob at StageFP has my first log and is helping me along. More to come!
Appreciate 3
VGSON220.50
samsamdar606.50
AmuroRay2316.50
      02-05-2024, 04:34 PM   #154
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

I left turbo to intercooler pipe stock as even aftermarket ones didn't really look any better?
I noticed a difference in smooth pipes just in stock tune though. By this I mean CP and turbo inlet with bigger fmic.
Appreciate 0