BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M5 F90 (2018+) General Forums iDrive, Nav, Stereo, Bluetooth, Electronics    Software Update

12-20-2022, 04:09 PM   #45
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Comp LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResIpsaLoquitur View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOURCE1064 View Post
My car installed the software on 12/14 and I haven't noticed any enhancements so far. As usual it reset autostart so I had to reenable that but no impact to my M1/M2 buttons like in the past.

Not sure if it's just me but my car exhaust seems much more muted in Sport Plus mode since the update. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this after the update?

"Not sure if it's just me but my car exhaust seems much more muted in Sport Plus mode since the update."

This was my biggest fear that prevented me from installing the update until now. While I don't have any actual proof of this, I am convinced this happened to me on my previous M5 and it was driving me nuts. Luckily for me, I traded the car in unexpectedly about a week later for my new M5.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Of course I didn't want to lose M1/M2 buttons, seat configurations, etc., but those could all be reconfigured relatively easily. Exhaust sound? I'm not so sure about that recovering that. My dealership couldn't do anything to revert the car to how it sounded prior to the update.
Some say the the pops and bangs will return after driving the car for a while.
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2022, 05:18 PM   #46
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holset View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My car installed the software on 12/14 and I haven't noticed any enhancements so far. As usual it reset autostart so I had to reenable that but no impact to my M1/M2 buttons like in the past.

Not sure if it's just me but my car exhaust seems much more muted in Sport Plus mode since the update. Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this after the update?

"Not sure if it's just me but my car exhaust seems much more muted in Sport Plus mode since the update."

This was my biggest fear that prevented me from installing the update until now. While I don't have any actual proof of this, I am convinced this happened to me on my previous M5 and it was driving me nuts. Luckily for me, I traded the car in unexpectedly about a week later for my new M5.

Of course I didn't want to lose M1/M2 buttons, seat configurations, etc., but those could all be reconfigured relatively easily. Exhaust sound? I'm not so sure about that recovering that. My dealership couldn't do anything to revert the car to how it sounded prior to the update.
Interesting. I must not have had it long enough for them to come back if that is the case.
      12-21-2022, 11:15 PM   #47
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting. I must not have had it long enough for them to come back if that is the case.
Please make a future post on here if your pops came back.
And make sure you have sport+ on and the exhaust button light on😁👍
Appreciate 1
      12-21-2022, 11:44 PM   #48
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This actually happened on my previous pre-LCI at the end of May. I traded it for my current LCI about a week later.

I live in Sport+ and with the exhaust button light on. That's why I was so upset when I lost the sound.

Thankfully, my new car is perfect, and I am going to attempt to keep it that way by putting off this update for now.
      12-24-2022, 07:27 AM   #49
Holset
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

This actually happened on my previous pre-LCI at the end of May. I traded it for my current LCI about a week later.

I live in Sport+ and with the exhaust button light on. That's why I was so upset when I lost the sound.

Thankfully, my new car is perfect, and I am going to attempt to keep it that way by putting off this update for now.
Okay👍
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2022, 02:29 PM   #50
NCRob
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkishM5C View Post
OP, you could do a manual software update/search by going into Car, Settings, General Settings, Remote Software Upgrade, and Search for Upgrades. Just know that it may take a long time for the car to search and install the update.

Here are the details to what the 22-07 update does.
https://www.bmw.com.mt/en/topics/off...ade-22-07.html
Hmm, why would my 2021 M5C NOT have Remote Software Upgrade in that menu??
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 12:27 AM   #51
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M5C

Not entirely sure if this is software upgrade specific, but ever since I updated my recirculate on the HVAC system won’t stay enabled for more than three minutes at a time. Prior to upgrading it didn’t turn off unless I turned it off, which is how I want it. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Turns out the update also disabled my remote start and I had to re-enable it.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 08:48 AM   #52
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgmike View Post
Not entirely sure if this is software upgrade specific, but ever since I updated my recirculate on the HVAC system won’t stay enabled for more than three minutes at a time. Prior to upgrading it didn’t turn off unless I turned it off, which is how I want it. Has anyone else experienced this issue?

In theory it always should turn off after a while, here's the owners manual excerpt. Basically monitors outside air temp and the condensation sensor to turn it off
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
omgmike359.00
      12-26-2022, 12:59 PM   #53
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
In theory it always should turn off after a while, here's the owners manual excerpt. Basically monitors outside air temp and the condensation sensor to turn it off
I would expect it to, but 1) after 3 minutes is unacceptable, and 2) I live somewhere that has seriously bad year round allergens and the degraded air quality on permanent recirculate is still a thousandfold better than bringing in the "fresh" pollen loaded air from outside 99% of the time for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 01:27 PM   #54
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Wonder if that's something that can be coded out? I plan on getting into that soon, mainly for fullscreen Carplay and suppressing that startup nag screen. Soon they'll start putting ads there on startup.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 01:39 PM   #55
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I would expect it to, but 1) after 3 minutes is unacceptable, and 2) I live somewhere that has seriously bad year round allergens and the degraded air quality on permanent recirculate is still a thousandfold better than bringing in the "fresh" pollen loaded air from outside 99% of the time for me.
In theory again, your cabin air filter should be getting rid of that lol, but yeah I see what you mean, guess you just gotta keep hitting that button😅
In terms of coding it out I'm sure there's somewhere you can do it, whether it's mapped out or not is another question.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 01:58 PM   #56
nerdogray
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

How do people actually map things out? Just poke sequential locations in memory and see what happens?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 03:10 PM   #57
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

I've not explored that option at all but I'm definitely interested in checking it out now, even if only to change the time out setting on recirculate.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2022, 05:29 PM   #58
Namelss
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport

Quote:
My nose is itching just reading this. 😂

I’m having trouble with installing the update but it’s probably me. The update is downloaded and everything is connected but it won’t kick off for some reason.
Appreciate 2
omgmike359.00
M5 London343.00
      12-26-2022, 05:58 PM   #59
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
My nose is itching just reading this. 😂

I’m having trouble with installing the update but it’s probably me. The update is downloaded and everything is connected but it won’t kick off for some reason.
I had to drive the car and once I parked I received a message saying the car needs to cool down for 30 minutes. I then came back and started the installation.
Appreciate 1
Namelss767.50
      12-26-2022, 06:48 PM   #60
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

That is really frustrating. I haven't done then update yet, but I did a 1 hour 7 minute continuous drive today, and did not have my recirculate on turn off. I have never had that happen to me actually in either of my M5s. So bizarre!
      12-27-2022, 04:29 AM   #61
AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
That is really frustrating. I haven't done then update yet, but I did a 1 hour 7 minute continuous drive today, and did not have my recirculate on turn off. I have never had that happen to me actually in either of my M5s. So bizarre!
The manual describes the operation of the recirculating function. Not a lot of detail is provided. It does not give a specific time at which recirculating is turned off, but states it is based on environmental conditions. So I am guessing there is a sensor controlling when recirculating is turned off.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 11:47 AM   #62
ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall View Post
Quote:
The manual describes the operation of the recirculating function. Not a lot of detail is provided. It does not give a specific time at which recirculating is turned off, but states it is based on environmental conditions. So I am guessing there is a sensor controlling when recirculating is turned off.
That sounds right! I must be fortunate enough to have somewhat better air quality than some other members.
      12-27-2022, 12:19 PM   #63
PDOT
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M5C

Garage List
Can someone tell me what this update actually does for ID7?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 01:22 PM   #64
SOURCE1064
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 G12 750 M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Seems like it that sound had come back after driving the car a bit after the upgrade. Still seems a bit off from where it was but has gotten better.

2021 ///MSPORT Donington Grey M5 Competition
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 01:52 PM   #65
micvite
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
That sounds right! I must be fortunate enough to have somewhat better air quality than some other members.
It's primarily based on humidity and chance of your windows fogging up if memory serves correctly. I'd get about 10-15 mins on my f10 before it turned back to auto and honestly I just leave it on auto.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2022, 05:10 PM   #66
omgmike
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by micvite View Post
It's primarily based on humidity and chance of your windows fogging up if memory serves correctly. I'd get about 10-15 mins on my f10 before it turned back to auto and honestly I just leave it on auto.
Which I can understand, but in this case it was in subfreezing weather with almost 0% humidity inside or outside of the car.
Appreciate 0